Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Donít Call Them Ruth-Less: Tales of Wynston and Quinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Donít Call Them Ruth-Less: Tales of Wynston and Quinn

kabeone
08.17.2012 , 01:30 PM | #61
That whole last page everything on it. Pure gold. Fan Service, Pure Diamonds.

Morgani
08.17.2012 , 02:32 PM | #62
Why have I been waiting to read these? I must have got hit with a stupid rock.

That's okay, between reading all this stuff and writing my own crap, I didn't want to play the game anyway.

I had better be careful, though or bright_ is going to make me love Quinn.

>.>

<.<
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

bright_ephemera
08.17.2012 , 02:52 PM | #63
May, 29 ATC: Paying (Selective) Respects

This one touches briefly on the Sith Warrior Act 3 spoiler.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
08.17.2012 , 02:54 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
I had better be careful, though or bright_ is going to make me love Quinn.

>.>

<.<
I worry that this is by far the least faithful I have been to Quinn as a character. I put him through the wringer for close to twenty years to explain how the stick up his *** got so flexible, but even so, don't think being fond of this guy would necessarily translate to liking game-Quinn; Wynston's partner here is almost too un-Quinn-like for my own comfort.

And yet...so ridiculously fun.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

irishfino
08.17.2012 , 03:05 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
"Simply reaffirm your loyalty to the Empire," said Quinn, "and I'll be on my way."

Lord Rist looked confused. "The Empire? Who said anything about the Empire?"

Quinn frowned. He turned and looked over at Wynston, who was standing at the foot of the dais, dressed as an ordinary house guard. "Did I say Empire again?"

Wynston rubbed his temples. "Yes. You said Empire again."

"I've been making a real effort not to do that." He turned back to Rist. "Simply reaffirm your loyalty to the Celadine Consortium, and I'll be on my way."

"I'll reaffirm my loyalty to anything it takes to get you out of here, you strange man."

"Anything it takes?" Quinn looked suddenly hopeful. "If that's the case, the Empire really would be-"

"Quinn," snapped Wynston.

"Ah. Fine. The Celadine Consortium it is." Quinn sighed, pasted a slight smile back on his face, and presented Lord Rist with a datapad containing a formal proclamation of intent for him to sign. Then Quinn gave him a small ironic nod, turned, and walked away, radiating pride and power as he went.
Quinn is a doofus, lol.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
08.17.2012 , 03:25 PM | #66
I worry that this is by far the least faithful I have been to Quinn as a character. I put him through the wringer for close to twenty years to explain how the stick up his *** got so flexible, but even so, don't think being fond of this guy would necessarily translate to liking game-Quinn; Wynston's partner here is almost too un-Quinn-like for my own comfort.

I personally believe that a little OOC behavior is perfectly acceptable if the results are this funny. And Quinn is, in my opinion, damn hard to write properly in-character. There's a scene in Afterimages that I've rewritten three times because I kept feeling like it was OOC, and I'm still not completely happy with it.

I think the Quinn we see here is, while slightly OOC, close enough to character to be believable. At least in my opinion. Besides, it's funnier this way.
Serence Legacy Ebon Hawk
There's always lightning.

ragnnerok
08.17.2012 , 03:50 PM | #67

I agree game Quinn is a twit

bright_ephemera
08.17.2012 , 03:52 PM | #68

Derp, for clarity's sake I should specify that "this" is "this entire thread." I'm taking terrible liberties with the character of Quinn for the purposes of this whole thread.

No dignity for you, jerk. Serves you right.
Bright's Fanfic Threads

irishfino
08.17.2012 , 05:50 PM | #69
Derp, for clarity's sake I should specify that "this" is "this entire thread." I'm taking terrible liberties with the character of Quinn for the purposes of this whole thread.

No dignity for you, jerk. Serves you right.
The only real way to make Quinn a malleable character is to traumatize the ever loving spit out of him, then make him deal with emotions like a semi-person. Or strip him of everything and dive into his stupid head and yank his damn emotions out.

Not speaking from experience or anything...
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
08.17.2012 , 05:59 PM | #70
May, 29 ATC: Paying (Selective) Respects

This one touches briefly on the Sith Warrior Act 3 spoiler.

Spoiler
Somehow I missed this post. O_o...

Hilarious banter all around!