Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Donít Call Them Ruth-Less: Tales of Wynston and Quinn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
Donít Call Them Ruth-Less: Tales of Wynston and Quinn

bright_ephemera
08.16.2012 , 06:13 AM | #31
Oh, also, fun fact: For quite some time my mental Ruth timeline involved Wynston getting himself killed on one job or another within five years of the end of the game line. When I started RMC, Wynston was not in my mental model of the galaxy. I just figured a guy like this can't possibly last long in work like this.

Way to talk me out of that plan, Wynston.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
08.16.2012 , 06:27 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Oh, also, fun fact: For quite some time my mental Ruth timeline involved Wynston getting himself killed on one job or another within five years of the end of the game line. When I started RMC, Wynston was not in my mental model of the galaxy. I just figured a guy like this can't possibly last long in work like this.

Way to talk me out of that plan, Wynston.
Knew he was a jerk. :P
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
08.16.2012 , 11:53 AM | #33
February, 29 ATC: Narrow Escape

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads

irishfino
08.16.2012 , 12:30 PM | #34
"Some people don't call the explosives countdown while they're bleeding out," Quinn said irritably.

"Yes, well. I had a surprise change of plans immediately after calling it. I like to liven things up sometimes."

Quinn watched Wynston dabbing under his arm with the antiseptic. "You're missing the worst of it. Here. Keep your arm up." He moved in to do the cleanup himself. "You're lucky I was too principled to just leave you back there."

"Inconvenient sometimes, being a hero, hm?"

"You wouldn't know."
The bickering between these two is awesome.

"Monologuing is its own reward." Then Quinn coughed. "I mean, service. Service is its own reward."
Quinn in a nutshell, lol.

Quinn scowled. "Where I'm from, severed arteries are considered higher priority than blaster burns."

"Where you're from, Mister Dromund Kaas, severed arteries are considered acceptable on the grounds that if you weren't fast or smart enough to avoid it yourself, you probably had it coming."

"That's...actually a very good point. I hadn't thought of it that way."
Heeheee, Mister Dromund Kaas...

"Looks like it. Time to go home." Wynston touched his side, looked up at Quinn. "Thanks, by the way."

Quinn sneered. "Don't think this makes us friends."

"Friends? Please. At no point in this operation did I hit my head that hard." Wynston started walking, doing his best not to look like he was limping on the tightly bandaged ankle. "All the same. I'll see if I can find us a mission that'll let you speechify a bit."
Whoohooo, speechification!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Kalterien
08.16.2012 , 12:36 PM | #35
Yes please, I think we all need a victorious-gloating Quinn speech. =D
"Bow before me, or fall before me." - Daigotsu Kanpeki
Live. Grow Stronger. Fight another day.

kabeone
08.16.2012 , 12:39 PM | #36
Hmm... I really need a reason for Quinn and Wynston to make out. I really do. Then they can have that whole awkward "It was for the mission thing." Then as they walk away, they each look back when the other one isn't looking.

ehehee I'm sorry. I'll stop.

irishfino
08.16.2012 , 12:44 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Hmm... I really need a reason for Quinn and Wynston to make out. I really do. Then they can have that whole awkward "It was for the mission thing." Then as they walk away, they each look back when the other one isn't looking.

And now you have to draw this.

Earthmama
08.16.2012 , 01:04 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalterien View Post
Yes please, I think we all need a victorious-gloating Quinn speech. =D

I second this!

Earthmama
08.16.2012 , 01:06 PM | #39

Also you're evil.....I whole heartily endorse this idea.

bright_ephemera
08.16.2012 , 01:21 PM | #40

You people are terrible! And this is horribly tempting. But I'm trying to have at least one player character who doesn't get to sleep with Quinn. I feel somehow that I can keep a little self-respect if I do that.

My brain's been awful about victory-speech situations lately. I'll have to find something for poor Quinn to do before the stealth operations drive him into the wretched, wretched depression of career frustration.
Bright's Fanfic Threads