Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

Toogeloo
08.21.2012 , 11:07 AM | #21
It seriously just comes down to faceroll. Sages/Sorcs are the quintessential faceroll healer. There is absolutely nothing complicated about how to heal except for remembering to use your Noble Sacrifice after every Healing Trance. And even if you forget, you still have the energy resources to be ok. They also do great damage for being healers since their DPS and Heal Sets are itemized the same (no need for Accuracy like the other two).

Scoundrels/Ops are definitely the FotM, though I have used one since launch. Their infinite energy and mobility if played right are definite perks that make them incredibly strong. They don't pack the "oomph" in strong up-front heals to take care of 2 or more players at once, nor do they handle AoE healing as well, but they are definitely good healers. It took me a little practice to be as good as I am with my Scoundrel, but I was able to Heal out the box on my Sage in Hard Mode KP without a single hiccup (that's how easy they are).

All of the healers have their niche. Commandos have strong single target protection, Scoundrels have their mobility and infinite energy, Sages have their AoE and do well healing multiple targets. All 3 can tank heal like champs. All 3 have no energy problems if managed correctly (Commandos need more knowledge of fights so they know when is heavy healing and when is energy regening phases).

When I play my Sage healer, I have no issues chain-pulling in Flashpoints, in fact I am usually the one pushing for us to do so. Sages have near infinite Energy as well if played right. And I have seen Sages and Commandos solo heal Story Mode Ops as well... even Karagga's Palace. It generally requires DPS who can heal to help out on occasion, like during Fabricator Droid, but it is entirely doable for any healer who is good and geared.

mikebevo
08.21.2012 , 12:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
They don't pack the "oomph" in strong up-front heals to take care of 2 or more players at once, nor do they handle AoE healing as well, but they are definitely good healers.
No I cannot heal 2 people of my choice at the same time like a Sage can, but why does that even matter. I can keep a group on their feet just as well as a Sage. It does require a knowledge of other classes and a awareness of game play. You have to prioritize, but simple (depends on health) formula is Critical Adrenal, Kolto Cloud (if two players are taking heavy damage together, then they are usually sanding close together), Emergency Medpac on the lower of the two, then Emergency Medpac on the other, then UWM on the other (grants upper hand again) followed by UWM on the other, both are usually at over above 90% by then so I will use Slow-Release Medpac to finish them off and get Upper-Hand restacked. Now if I am one of the two taking damage. I will use defensive screen and flash bang while hitting the other player with emergency medpac while I run toward them to get in range for Kolto Cloud. All of those are instant. Then I will pop the Critical adrenal and do the same as above.

Sometime in Ops I will also have to Prioritize who to heal especially if the other healer dies, normally I focus on the tanks and other healer. However, if something should happen to the other healer, I then heal the tanks and highest output DPS. I still try to keep everyone on their feet, but I am not going to heal the DPS standing in AOEs over the tank. My main goal is to keep everyone above 90% so they can worry about DPS/Tanking instead of dying.

So while I can't heal 2 people at once beyond Kolto Cloud, my sawbones can put out 4 instant heals at the press of 4 to 6 buttons. Even more if the person is below 30%.

Toogeloo
08.21.2012 , 01:02 PM | #23
Dude, it wasn't a bash of the scoundrel healing class. I was simply stating this was their weakness. Every Healer has a weakness, this is the Scoundrels. Every skilled healer knows how to get around their weakness. Another weakness of the Scoundrel is that 1 of it's heals is all but useless and another is simply meant to regen energy and nothing more. They are also handcuffed to a secondary resource, Upperhand. But, again, skilled healers work within these weaknesses just fine. The problem is bad healers do not.

So of the healers and their weaknesses, Sage has it easiest since their weaknesses aren't as debilitating to an average or bad player.

MRSA
08.21.2012 , 01:07 PM | #24
It seriously just comes down to faceroll. Sages/Sorcs are the quintessential faceroll healer. There is absolutely nothing complicated about how to heal except for remembering to use your Noble Sacrifice after every Healing Trance. And even if you forget, you still have the energy resources to be ok. They also do great damage for being healers since their DPS and Heal Sets are itemized the same (no need for Accuracy like the other two).

Scoundrels/Ops are definitely the FotM, though I have used one since launch. Their infinite energy and mobility if played right are definite perks that make them incredibly strong. They don't pack the "oomph" in strong up-front heals to take care of 2 or more players at once, nor do they handle AoE healing as well, but they are definitely good healers. It took me a little practice to be as good as I am with my Scoundrel, but I was able to Heal out the box on my Sage in Hard Mode KP without a single hiccup (that's how easy they are).

All of the healers have their niche. Commandos have strong single target protection, Scoundrels have their mobility and infinite energy, Sages have their AoE and do well healing multiple targets. All 3 can tank heal like champs. All 3 have no energy problems if managed correctly (Commandos need more knowledge of fights so they know when is heavy healing and when is energy regening phases).

When I play my Sage healer, I have no issues chain-pulling in Flashpoints, in fact I am usually the one pushing for us to do so. Sages have near infinite Energy as well if played right. And I have seen Sages and Commandos solo heal Story Mode Ops as well... even Karagga's Palace. It generally requires DPS who can heal to help out on occasion, like during Fabricator Droid, but it is entirely doable for any healer who is good and geared.
i have never been out healed by any healer(same gear) with my scoundral. I can crit heal over 7k we chain pull. the secret to scoundral is main stat. more main stat allows more crit chance. I never not crit on my heals. we farm sm ev/kp for our noobs gear and i solo heal them. and im only geared in columin gear with a couple bh/rakata jewlery. ive been in pug hmfp with people in orange lvl 50 stuff and power healed through it. i had a tank who had lvl 41 stuff lol and we did it nonstop pulling. I'm sry but no one can convince me anything is better than a scoundral healer so far. you want aoe heal? i can double hot everyone faster than a sage can aoe and people run to the puddle.

Toogeloo
08.21.2012 , 01:27 PM | #25
I've already posted that my main healer is a Scoundrel. Look at my sig. Scoundrel Healer, Sage DPS.

I was an Operative Healer for 6 months from when the game launched to when I switched to Republic. I immediately took Scoundrel healer as my main again. I know Scoundrels can Solo heal Story Mode Ops... fact is, so can Commandos and Sages, and I know this because I've seen it done.

I'm not arguing with you guys that Scoundrels suck. They don't, or I wouldn't be playing one. I'm stating that it's easier to be an average player and heal on a Sage than it is to heal on a Scoundrel, and it can be overwhelming compared to how easy Sages are to heal with. I've healed on my Sage in DPS gear with a Field Respec, and never done it before, and healed just as well as I do with my Scoundrel... it's THAT easy.

The topic asks why people like Sage/Sorc the best, and I gave my input on why.

Toogeloo
08.21.2012 , 01:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MRSA View Post
i have never been out healed by any healer(same gear) with my scoundral. I can crit heal over 7k we chain pull. the secret to scoundral is main stat. more main stat allows more crit chance. I never not crit on my heals. we farm sm ev/kp for our noobs gear and i solo heal them. and im only geared in columin gear with a couple bh/rakata jewlery. ive been in pug hmfp with people in orange lvl 50 stuff and power healed through it. i had a tank who had lvl 41 stuff lol and we did it nonstop pulling. I'm sry but no one can convince me anything is better than a scoundral healer so far. you want aoe heal? i can double hot everyone faster than a sage can aoe and people run to the puddle.
Let's address a few things here. Any healer can crit 7k heal. Hell, on my Scoundrel, I almost hit 9k (granted, it was healing myself with my Shield Probe on).

You NEVER not crit? Really? You have 100% Crit chance? Even if you have 3000 Cunning (In Columi gear no less), your Crit will probably not be higher than 45%.

Sage Healers who drop Puddles and make party members run to them... suck. No Sage healer worth his salt will place Puddles in places and make people run to them. And how many rolling hot's are we talking here? one Probe on each person and a Cloud? 1.5s per cast? It takes me 1.5 seconds to drop a Puddle on at least 4 people, and it heals for more than cloud, and more people to boot. Arguing that Scoundrel is a better AoE healer than Sage is just ignorant to be honest... even as a Scoundrel Main, I know this.

mikebevo
08.21.2012 , 01:49 PM | #27
Dude, it wasn't a bash of the scoundrel healing class.
Sorry didn't mean to come off as defensive. I just don't understand why people think healing two people at once is of any benefit when it does have a casting time. However, sawbones can hit 2 or 3 EM before the Sage get off their miracle heal. Even Sages Rejuvenate which is instant has a 6 second cooldown and Salvation which everyone loves takes 2 seconds to cast. I know I can get at least 4 heals off in 2 seconds to 2 different people.

Toogeloo
08.21.2012 , 01:58 PM | #28
This brings us to another point. Scoundrels make great "reactive" healers. Some one pull agro and getting close to death? Scoundrel responds well to it. They are better at the whack-a-mole raid frame game.

Sages try to avoid whack-a-mole all together, and they are good at avoiding it with Bubble and Puddle. They can react well, but are limited by cooldowns, making their secondary heal (Benevolence) their only real reactive heal, which is a drain on resources. Their secondary healing mechanics are strong though, so it does get them through whack-a-mole if they have to, but if people are positioned correctly, it's avoidable.

mikebevo
08.21.2012 , 03:54 PM | #29
Reread most of my posts and I want to make it clear. Sages have great abilities and are an asset to any group. Havenít been grouped with many Commandos as a healer, but I have done a few Ops on my DPS Shadow with a Commando healer that seemed more than up to the challenge.

Just my personal taste is that smugglers are the most fun healing class in the game and up to any challenge and anyone that prefers Sages over Smugglers just hasnít meet up with the right Smuggler. Because when you get in a rhythm with a smuggler it is very easy to maintain everyoneís health while the Sage healer does some DPS. More than once Iíve been told in HM groups that they healed very little or not at all in the Karagga battle because I was just too fast for them, so they gave up and helped with DPS. That said, I am not that good either, there are way better Smuggler healers that I know. So if I'm not that good, then the class has to be that good with someone that has some idea what all the abilities do. Problem is I have been in many HMFP PUGs where the healer had no clue what the abilities did.

MRSA
08.22.2012 , 12:01 PM | #30
I kinda over exaggerated to due alchol or more likely emotional hatred towards the sage lovers. But I never see sages better than a scoundral nor their heals being biger than a scoundral. I really don't see what the hype is. I see in general chat people screaming for sage healers all the time for hm's but would not take a scoundral....really? I see people brag about their puddles....well I hope they drown in it and if I walk by ill help them. I can throw hots on everyone just as effectivlly. And I guess I'm missing the short commings everyone talks about when they talk about the scoundral. I didnt mean to hound on the poster .......I just hate the sage hype I see on chat daily.