Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

mikebevo
08.15.2012 , 03:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Setalle View Post
For pve healing, I definitely prefer the sorc. The AOE heal makes it a lot easier to keep the whole group topped off while keeping the tank targeted. I feel I can more easily burst heal without worrying about running out of power, and my bubble is more effective in an emergency.
Weird. I burst heal the heck out of both tanks at the end of the Kephess fight and I usually end the fight with between 60% to 75% energy with my sawbones. I usually have only one moment in all of EC were energy is even a issue and it is during the Kephess fight when someone throws out a big AOE attack when they shouldn't have. However, it is easily recoverable by spamming diagnostic scan on one of the tanks until cool head pops up again, can always use emergency medpacs if someone else is in need of a heal. Only other time I remember having a major issue with energy was when the groups DPS was not exactly there and I had to DPS more than normal.

Our Sage is a better healer than me, but I know I out heal her on the Zorn and Toth fight. I usually heal my group and the healer and the tank from the other group. Hell EC is pretty much designed to highlight the strengths of a smuggler healer. Also every fight requires or is easier with a moving healer that isn't real squishy.

Chaqen
08.16.2012 , 12:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Our Sage is a better healer than me, but I know I out heal her on the Zorn and Toth fight. I usually heal my group and the healer and the tank from the other group. Hell EC is pretty much designed to highlight the strengths of a smuggler healer. Also every fight requires or is easier with a moving healer that isn't real squishy.
Sage is healing the tank that is taking toth enrage huh? Sages/sorcs have a bit of a problem sometimes with burst healing multiple targets imo.

Also to the guy who mentioned 2 salivations for Soa's transitions; have you ever done it with 2 sawbones/ops where each one takes half of the raid and keep them hotted? It is a crazy site to not see anyone drop below 80% and never having to wait to heal up.

Khevar
08.16.2012 , 12:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post

Also to the guy who mentioned 2 salivations for Soa's transitions; have you ever done it with 2 sawbones/ops where each one takes half of the raid and keep them hotted? It is a crazy site to not see anyone drop below 80% and never having to wait to heal up.
That's pretty cool, actually. No, I haven't seen that.

Mordeguy
08.17.2012 , 04:44 AM | #14
Sage is healing the tank that is taking toth enrage huh? Sages/sorcs have a bit of a problem sometimes with burst healing multiple targets imo.

I prefer having the sage healer on me during the HM berserk. Between me barely getting hit in the first place (shadow) and sorc bubbles, I don't take that much damage. If my deflection isn't ready the healing is still fine. Glowy puddle, rejuvenate and healing trance are enough to keep me up without much trouble.

I do agree that sages get a bit overrated in their ability to heal a group of people up vs other healers in a side by side 1v1 healer situation, but it's hard for me to say right now that they aren't the best when speaking strictly operations. Stacked salvations can just flat out trivialize things.

Toogeloo
08.19.2012 , 11:28 AM | #15
Sage/Sorc healing is pretty much the most faceroll healing you can do.

Bubble > Salvation > Rejuvenate > Healing Trance > Sacrifice > Repeat.

If you are looking for a non-stressful healing class to play, this is it. And it's extremely newb friendly. I was a DPS Sage my entire time playing Sage. We ended up being short a healer for Hard Mode Karagga's Palace one night, so I offered to try and heal it, despite not having ANY healing gear. Not only did my DPS gear work just fine, but I was able to heal KP without any practice prior, and I was even the main healer on Fabricator Droid. We didn't wipe once.

Toogeloo
08.19.2012 , 11:31 AM | #16
This is how we usually do it since we have more Scoundrel Healers than Sage Healers.

tronot
08.19.2012 , 12:33 PM | #17
Force management since 1.2 killed my previous love for my Sorc healer. I have an Op Healer that I much prefer to run with.

MRSA
08.20.2012 , 08:42 PM | #18
I've played all 3 healers. Anyone can heal good with a sage/trooper and do it well. But with a scoundral you are either good or bad. There isn't a inbetween. I never run out of energy, I even keep hots on rotation on all members. We chain pull with no rest time and everyone is topped off. I've solo healed on many bosses in sm ev and kp with no problem. I can't say that with our sage or trooper healers and to keep the pace we keep. To me the scoundral is the better healer if one knows how to play one.

Noobishlord
08.21.2012 , 07:31 AM | #19
I say what's most popular about them is their Resource, which can be built up to 600 Force Power. That's 600 points to heal with, that always regens at the SAME EXACT SPEED, unlike Ammo, Heat or Energy, which cap at 100 (12 for ammo,) and recover slower as you get less and less. That makes it easier to heal with. Sure, all three healers have some form of resource restoration for crisis situations, but only a Sage/Sorcerer has all that resource to blow through first.

People seem to be more comfortable when your healer doesn't have to stop and take a breather every other heal in the middle of battle to maintain "optimum" resource recovery.
Swooping is bad... unless you are the swooper.

mikebevo
08.21.2012 , 08:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MRSA View Post
I've played all 3 healers. Anyone can heal good with a sage/trooper and do it well. But with a scoundral you are either good or bad. There isn't a inbetween. I never run out of energy, .
I would agree, but will add today's terrible healer can become a really good healer on a sawbones. I may have been the worse healer in the history of TOR or MMO when I first hit level 50. I almost quit TOR shortly after hitting level 50 during the boss battle of Directive 7 the first time, but with gear, reading and practice I can now pull over 2200 HPS on Zorn and Toth. I easily heal a group through Directive 7 without a tank.

I think this is largely due to me learning energy management before 1.2. I'm still using the same rotation now and energy is rarely a issue unless DPS is lacking and I have to make up for it. Even then I a stack of Upper Hand is always up so with Emergency Medpacs available no one is in danger of dying.

Quote: Originally Posted by Noobishlord View Post
People seem to be more comfortable when your healer doesn't have to stop and take a breather every other heal in the middle of battle to maintain "optimum" resource recovery.
As a Sawbones I never stop. I can even heal and move at the same time. Also energy is not an issue if I stick to only my role. Most fights I finish with 60% to 75% energy with 3 stacks of Upper Hand. If people donít think sawbones have the resources or have to rest to maintain energy then they obliviously are very misinformed about the class. At least according to Mox, I out HPS the Sage in our group on every fight in EC except Firebrand and Stormcaller where I am either DPS also or kitting the lightning. Although when I am kitting the Sage does not beat me by much since I have more opportunity to throw heals to the other group.

Donít get me wrong Sages and Commands are just as good healer (with the right users), but sawbones is on par with either and there is no other healer in this game that I would rather play (well with the exception of the Agent I am leveling now).