Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why do people like sorc/sage healers the best?

Cathest
08.14.2012 , 12:48 PM | #1
Is mostly cuz the bubbles or do they have the strongest heals?

I have a op healer and love it because soooo much utility, and get compliments all the time for my healing
But always see people say stuff like "LF sorc healer"

Satedbuffalo
08.14.2012 , 01:02 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cathest View Post
Is mostly cuz the bubbles or do they have the strongest heals?

I have a op healer and love it because soooo much utility, and get compliments all the time for my healing
But always see people say stuff like "LF sorc healer"
Purple drink, mostly.
Just some jerk who isn't good enough for rated.

Infalliable
08.14.2012 , 02:01 PM | #3
They are very good at PVE healing large groups with the puddle. It is very effective at healing teams with an unbalanced melee/ranged ratio (most of the team is one or the other) and it's a very visible benefit. They're not so good at healing on the run though.

The other classes have their benefits too and for PVE any of them are viable.

Raltar
08.14.2012 , 03:14 PM | #4
I would say it is a combination of the bubble and the AOE heal. I'd argue that Kolto cloud is better than salvation simply because it follows you regardless of where you go after you receive it and it is instant cast, but it has less targets than salvation.

mikebevo
08.14.2012 , 03:44 PM | #5
Because they have either been in a HMFP or Ops with a terrible sawbones or the still remember sawbones before 1.2. Now, I would just as soon have a competent Sage as Scoundrel. I still like Sage AOE best (not that it matters in a HMFP), scoundrels have just as powerful heals, way more mobility, are less squishy. and any competent sawbones can manage their energy just as well as a Sage now.

So why do people like Sage better? No clue, lack of knowledge or bad experience with other class healers. However those bad experience were mainly do to the players, not the class. I had a bad experience with group finder last night with my DPS shadow, but I don't blame the class because my main is a sawbones so I know what abilities that class has, unfortunately people have to learn the those abilities and should do so before entering a group setting.

Mordeguy
08.14.2012 , 05:27 PM | #6
Salvation is arguably the best heal in the game. If you have multiple sage healers you can use it to trivialize things that are supposed to be dangerous when stacking it. That and bubbles are amazing if used on a tank at the right time.

Nonetheless other healers have their strengths too, and you in no way need a sage to clear things.

Khevar
08.14.2012 , 05:50 PM | #7
2 Sage healers dropping Salvation during the Soa transition is a beautiful thing.

But I run HM EC with one Sage healer and one Scoundrel healer. The different healing styles complement each other well. I like the Scoundrel healer a tiny bit better but that's partly because the player is funnier in Vent.

mikebevo
08.15.2012 , 09:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordeguy View Post
Salvation is arguably the best heal in the game. .
I agree that Salvation is a great heal, but for my money Emergency Medpac is the best heal in game. It is instant, can be cast while moving, has no cooldown, takes no energy and if the target is below 30% health it regrants upper hand. So while it does use up an upper hand if used on someone above 30%, it can be spammed at no cost on anyone below 30%. Great ability especially in EC when the group and the tank get separated and the healer has to run into range of the tank or during SOA when the healer is coming out of a mind trap.

One more note, it is a great heal to use on Knights that keep jumping out of range of the healer before they can cast a normal heal.

Sages can keep Salvation, I would rather have my Emergency Medpac.

Setalle
08.15.2012 , 11:04 AM | #9
I play both a sorc healer and a scoundrel healer a lot, and I've noticed both healers are strong in different areas of the game.

For pve healing, I definitely prefer the sorc. The AOE heal makes it a lot easier to keep the whole group topped off while keeping the tank targeted. I feel I can more easily burst heal without worrying about running out of power, and my bubble is more effective in an emergency.

For pvp healing I prefer the scoundrel due to the mobility and survivability. I die less, so I can heal more.

vojinsa
08.15.2012 , 01:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
One more note, it is a great heal to use on Knights that keep jumping out of range of the healer before they can cast a normal heal.
better healer than me since i let them die (mpds).
Quote:
Imperial Agent-If I brought you flowers, what would you do?
Kaliyo- Go look for a man?
I love Kaliyo.