Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rayla_Felana
08.14.2012 , 03:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Voidwards View Post
What I'd like to see is some form of solidified timeplan for the coming few months. Any chance we can see at least a glance of a more detailed content release schedule?

When can we start getting more information about the "Secret Space Project" - that thing really got my attention from the Guild Summit videocasts - is that scrapped or is it still in the making? Any chance of getting more than "Soon(tm)" on that one?
Read the Dev tracker, it is certainly not scrapped at all.

Karkais
08.14.2012 , 03:28 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Sounds good, keep it up.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

MaliksKid
08.14.2012 , 03:40 PM | #43
A question for the dev's will TFB be going onto PTS first or is it definitely being released next month?

mavsynchroid
08.14.2012 , 03:48 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Agreed. Splitting it up and spacing it out just to give the illusion of 'more frequent' updates, isn't exactly a winning strategy.
They've already been very clear with this, stating instead of big content/feature patches that we've been getting, we're going to get smaller updates more frequently.

Pistols
08.14.2012 , 04:10 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
I'm not talking about a few guild but a couple thousand players.. We actually was assigned by bioware to one server and we changed it last minute to The Fatman. You can thank us for the crazy ques at launch.

But back to the story.. I would say 85-90% of the Bloodfin players have left.
Couple thousand is a huuuge stretch dude lol. But honestly, was funny to see them go, I knew when Ilum tanked, most would not hang about. =)

irishtim
08.14.2012 , 04:13 PM | #46
Woah, ok this post is bigger than the last ones where i dropped news on the forum and has a dev post!!

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Have to say i'm pretty disappointed by this, i would have thought that since GW2 is coming this month Bioware would be putting a higher priority on PVP content (although i have less than 0 interest in the GW franchise), but at least it'll give raiders something else to do.

I have never really been interested in raids (i only ever ran 1 raid back in my WoW days) and wouldn't know the first place to start but i may have to reappropriate my sage to PVE just to give me something else to do while i wait for the new warzone. I do hope that the warzone comes very soon after the new op as i do like the PVP aspect in the game

Nicolettexiv
08.14.2012 , 04:38 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post

Who ever is running the show now as far as releasing information needs to step it up. This cloak and dagger stuff isn't working. A simple blog with the next 12-18 month plans would do a lot for the community. Sure a few things may be pushed back but it's a mmo that happens..

Communication needs to happen and not just about the crap we know about.
But that's just it. They've stated their goals for what they want to accomplish in game by the year's end. If they give us approximate dates, and they're not met - which, is common and expected in MMO and game development, as a former producer for a game developer - then the community freaks out. Like they are now. We just got a new event and were informed of a new operation dropping, and people are complaining about it. 1.4 is late and all they get is a world event and an operation.

I am a strong proponent of this game -- and I agree, the content is sorely lacking. A month of raiding and you're full BiS with instances on farm, if you even have the motivation to log in. BUT, having worked in the industry, I also understand that these things take time. Further, that if a deadline is suggested, it will inevitably run over. It's not that they're not working hard enough, or that they don't care.. If you know anything of EA, you're surely familiar with the EA wife and the hours the industry keeps -- 80-90 hour workweeks are VERY common for developers and supporting staff, designers and producers, etc. It's the issue of nailing mechanics, getting the art right, making sure the sound is done properly, and then after working out the bugs with that and bringing it all together, testing it thoroughly with the QA department. Reporting and fixing bugs. Some are quick fixes, some require going through code with a fine toothed comb to find out what the hell is breaking the code. Then figuring out how to fix it. The issues and bugs aren't always clear or logical. Finding them is one thing, fixing them another.

It's like this; You can either have a ton of content, but have to wait a much longer time for it, or you get bits of content, an instance here, a raid there, new quests, PvP arenas, etc. one at a time, in a shorter amount of time (months vs. years). They're not blowing us off, I think 1.4 simply is taking longer than expected. So they're shipping what's finished as soon as they can because they realize that we need content, as soon as possible.

Point being, if they give us "dates" - as much as I want them myself - we will hold them to it. Despite our promises not to. And things often take longer than planned in this industry. When it doesn't pan out, let's be honest, people will flip out. This community has been exceedingly critical from the beginning -- nothing comes or goes without waves of complaints. We want new content, and hate having to wait. We get new content, and it isn't enough. Or we hate it. I feel for BW because they can do no right in the eyes of the most vocal part of the community. Giving expected dates could possibly make that worse.

I'm glad they're pushing content, in spite of recent internal upheaval at Bioware offices, rather than waiting and bundling it all together for 1.4. Although, without that bundle of "tons of new things!" people will feel they're not getting content as it's spread out.

Yes, they should have taken more time to have more content on launch. No, they shouldn't have opened as many servers as soon as they did. Yes, they were missing a lot of expected in-game features. But I'm glad they seem to be doing their best to listen, to pull it together and save this game.

TUXs
08.14.2012 , 04:53 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Nicolettexiv View Post
Point being, if they give us "dates" - as much as I want them myself - we will hold them to it. Despite our promises not to. And things often take longer than planned in this industry. When it doesn't pan out, let's be honest, people will flip out. This community has been exceedingly critical from the beginning -- nothing comes or goes without waves of complaints. We want new content, and hate having to wait. We get new content, and it isn't enough. Or we hate it. I feel for BW because they can do no right in the eyes of the most vocal part of the community. Giving expected dates could possibly make that worse.
WRONG!!!!

Were you here for 1.2?! Lemme give you some background on it...they sold update 1.2 as the update that they'd introduce ranked warzones - they had it featured in videos and everything. THAT was the big selling point in 1.2 for some subscribers.

The DAY OF 1.2's launch, they pulled it. Some people complained, but the vast majority defended Bioware for pulling it, saying "it's better to have it late than wrong". That's all we were told that day. A few days passed and people continued to defend Bioware, despite their silence. Days of silence became a week...a week became two, two weeks became a month and we still hadn't heard ONE peep as to why it was pulled or when to expect it. I'd say that at the 1 month mark, people were starting to switch from 'acceptance' to a feeling of 'neglect'. I don't think we heard ANYTHING about why they were pulled for 2 months afterwards.

Don't say that online communities aren't forgiving and understanding...the thousands of people who post here were overwhelmingly accepting of the massive delay. It's when the delays happen without any word as to why and when it could be expected that communities turn. Ignoring your customers, like Bioware did, is why people turned...NOT because they were late with ranked wz's!!!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Nellsterzzz
08.14.2012 , 05:26 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGreatFrosty View Post
Seriously - how can people skimp on the details, and report such miserably inaccurate information?

Can we get a Dev response to confirm if this is true or not?

In the presentation what was actually said was : New raid next month. New WZ and Space mission "SOON THERE AFTER", i.e. not next month, or at least, certainly not at the same time.
I don't know how much more legit it can get considering it came from EA's press conference at Gamescom....

Khevar
08.14.2012 , 05:40 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I think the concern is that if you buff one, you need to buff the other to maintain the separation between PvE and PvP gear. If PvE gear becomes better for PvP, PvPers will throw a fit...and vice versa. I really don't agree with the gear gaps how they are, but it's how the game is designed. The best gear for PvP comes from PvPing, the best gear for PvE comes from PvEing...it's a fine line.
Would you say that full Black Hole/Campaign gear is better than War Hero for PvP?
Would you say that it is better than Battlemaster for PvP?

My opinion is no. Expertise is significant enough that a full Battlemaster-geared player will outmatch a full Campaign-geared player in PvP. And a full War Hero player would dominate.

So if the new operation gives the next grade of gear (level 63 according to data mining) I have a hard time believing it would outmatch War Hero.