Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.14.2012 , 02:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
When they batch it into larger patches, you complain because it takes longer to do.

When they do more periodic smaller patches of new content, you complain because it's not enough content (even though you have not seen it yet).

What exactly will you not complain about?
I'm complaining about the speed with which the work Andryah. They seem to move at one pace...outrageously slow!!! They even move BACKWARDS with PvP content, removing Illum's quests and not replacing them with anything but big empty promise. Can you name ANY other MMO that had less PvP content 8 months after launch than at launch? Besides this game...is there another?

I think most people were expecting 1.4 weeks ago - I mean, we were told that after 1.2 that "We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."...that was April 6th!!! We're 4 months past that promise of monthly updates...we need stuff to do!!! We need things that keep people engaged longer than the 60 min it takes to complete Denova HM once a week.

What I'd like is about 4 more WZ's, open world PvP incentive, scalable Operations that can be challenging, that don't have some 1980's era lockout timer and level 50 daily type quests on every flipping planet. I'm sick of losing players Andryah...apparently you aren't...but it bothers me.

Ignoring the lack of content this game has at 50, doesn't fool anyone. Spacing out the content to give the impression of 'more updates' doesn't fool anyone either...it's a gimmick and it's obvious.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
08.14.2012 , 02:25 PM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
In that case, did Explosive Conflict Nightmare Mode got scrapped?
Nope! It is still in the works. Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) had this to say a while back when asked about Nightmare Mode for Explosive Conflict:

Quote:
Nightmare Denova is coming. It has taken longer than we'd like, because we've been reworking NM to be a full-fledged difficulty mode with its own loot and its own mechanics. Trust me, we want to put it in your hands as soon as we can.

Galvatron's Avatar


Galvatron
08.14.2012 , 02:33 PM | #23
Tux does complain a lot but I think he just feels burnt which I can understand. Many guilds I know feel the same way.
The Bloodfin server from SWG which I'm from has all but left. Our server enemies and friends all came together and organized to get on the same server and all of us was stoked.

I'm not talking about a few guild but a couple thousand players.. We actually was assigned by bioware to one server and we changed it last minute to The Fatman. You can thank us for the crazy ques at launch.

But back to the story.. I would say 85-90% of the Bloodfin players have left.

If they Stagger new content every 3-4 weeks like this OPs, Warzones, Flash Point, New events, I think that would be great actually.

1.4 was suppose to be out this month but the conversation changed to let push it to after GW2 launch I'm sure.

Either way I'm sticking around for awhile. I will check out GW2 and I just got into the ARCHE AGE Beta CB5 which starts tommorow.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

Galvatron's Avatar


Galvatron
08.14.2012 , 02:40 PM | #24
Allison if you get time can you ask if Nightmare mode for KP and EV are getting reworked as well.

I'm sure all of us would love to see some new stuff for those raids as well so they don't become obsolete.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

Sweetiepies's Avatar


Sweetiepies
08.14.2012 , 02:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post

What I'd like is about 4 more WZ's, open world PvP incentive, scalable Operations that can be challenging, that don't have some 1980's era lockout timer and level 50 daily type quests on every flipping planet. I'm sick of losing players Andryah...apparently you aren't...but it bothers me.

Ignoring the lack of content this game has at 50, doesn't fool anyone. Spacing out the content to give the impression of 'more updates' doesn't fool anyone either...it's a gimmick and it's obvious.
Wow.
Let me get this straight.

You want:

- 4 new Warzones. Most games with 3 times the Dev teams take 2 years to give toy TWO new Warzones (Battlegrounds).
- A complete redesign to how flashpoints work (scaling). Not to mention the problems that would come up in dungeon finder.
- With the new flashpoints/system, you want to remove a restriction that is there to specifically prevent burnout.
- New daily quests on all planets, in a game that is fully voiced. You knew this when you bought this game that everything is fully voiced, so logically creating new quests is a much longer turn time than the other game has.

Not only that you want it faster than every 2-3 months, which is about the standard turn time for large patches. You want 2.5 times the normal content for a large patch, but every 6 weeks? If you live in a world where all of this is feasible, please print me a platinum ticket for the unicorn trolly and I'll pack my +5 Heavy Fortified Brestplate and we'll party

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.14.2012 , 02:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
Tux does complain a lot but I think he just feels burnt which I can understand. Many guilds I know feel the same way.

Either way I'm sticking around for awhile. I will check out GW2 and I just got into the ARCHE AGE Beta CB5 which starts tommorow.
I'm really not burnt, I still enjoy the game quite a bit, despite the many shortcomings (I'm a Star Wars nurd), and I don't mean for it to all sound like "complaining" because I feel as if I have valid concerns I express. It's mostly concern over WHY people are leaving in droves. To me, it's obvious why...and sadly, no one person that I know left because of the sub fee...

Even you, who is so excited over the upcoming SSSP, admit you're leaving to check out GW2...what if you like it?! Will the SSSP make you return? What if the SSSP doesn't live up to your hype?! Will the existing content be enough for you to come back? Will SWTOR lose you as a defender of the game? What does it take to make someone like you stay HERE, in this game?! You have 2 new MMOs all lined up to play...and you're one of this games strongest proponents...that worries me.

Bottom line, this game needs quicker updates for sure - I'm ok with spacing them AFTER 1.4, but 1.4 has been promised and expected for far too long for it to be released in chunks.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Galvatron's Avatar


Galvatron
08.14.2012 , 02:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm complaining about the speed with which the work Andryah. They seem to move at one pace...outrageously slow!!! They even move BACKWARDS with PvP content, removing Illum's quests and not replacing them with anything but big empty promise. Can you name ANY other MMO that had less PvP content 8 months after launch than at launch? Besides this game...is there another?

I think most people were expecting 1.4 weeks ago - I mean, we were told that after 1.2 that "We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."...that was April 6th!!! We're 4 months past that promise of monthly updates...we need stuff to do!!! We need things that keep people engaged longer than the 60 min it takes to complete Denova HM once a week.

What I'd like is about 4 more WZ's, open world PvP incentive, scalable Operations that can be challenging, that don't have some 1980's era lockout timer and level 50 daily type quests on every flipping planet. I'm sick of losing players Andryah...apparently you aren't...but it bothers me.

Ignoring the lack of content this game has at 50, doesn't fool anyone. Spacing out the content to give the impression of 'more updates' doesn't fool anyone either...it's a gimmick and it's obvious.
TUX you have valid points and I understand your pain. I have lost a whole community from Bloodfin and a lot of them are off playing the SWG EM?U.

I see your point on you thinking it's a scam spacing content out instead of one big patch. But this is actually better for us in the long run. Maybe not good in the short term for us but better overall.

1.4 was to come out in AUG. I know this for a fact. I think they are wanting to launch the content after GW2 make sure it's polished as I do know Terror from Beyond is KICK ***. I think SWTOR is finding it's stride and Terror From Beyond shows it.

I do think Bioware/EA needs to lay it out for us what coming in the next 12 months. doesn't mean if they tell us what coming in the next 12 months they might push back 1-2 things but atleast let us know.

Bioware has to understand this secret stuff doesn't work with MMO's like it does with other games.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
08.14.2012 , 02:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
Wow.
Let me get this straight.

You want:

- 4 new Warzones. Most games with 3 times the Dev teams take 2 years to give toy TWO new Warzones (Battlegrounds).
- A complete redesign to how flashpoints work (scaling). Not to mention the problems that would come up in dungeon finder.
- With the new flashpoints/system, you want to remove a restriction that is there to specifically prevent burnout.
- New daily quests on all planets, in a game that is fully voiced. You knew this when you bought this game that everything is fully voiced, so logically creating new quests is a much longer turn time than the other game has.

Not only that you want it faster than every 2-3 months, which is about the standard turn time for large patches. You want 2.5 times the normal content for a large patch, but every 6 weeks? If you live in a world where all of this is feasible, please print me a platinum ticket for the unicorn trolly and I'll pack my +5 Heavy Fortified Brestplate and we'll party
Yeah, that sums it up nicely.

What games have 3 times the dev team?! Please name one...

I want this game to have what it should have had...content at 50, including open world PvP, multiple challenging FPs and Ops. MMOs are played mostly at level cap...this isn't some new revelation, it's been this way since MMOs were 1st released. People build a character, build an attachment to that character and then work to develop that character and want to play THAT character. Level cap content is crucial. This game needs enough to satiate moderate players.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Urael's Avatar


Urael
08.14.2012 , 02:53 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
Bioware has to understand this secret stuff doesn't work with MMO's like it does with other games.
They also need to know that 28 August besides being GW2 go live date is the date when pre-panda patch hits WoW (like all the other pre-expansion patches will have things to do in preparation for the Expansion).

Perhaps 1.4 will hit on 28Aug ( yeah I won't hold my breath or put any money on that date ... but I will put money on ....Soon!!() ).

Galvatron's Avatar


Galvatron
08.14.2012 , 02:54 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm really not burnt, I still enjoy the game quite a bit, despite the many shortcomings (I'm a Star Wars nurd), and I don't mean for it to all sound like "complaining" because I feel as if I have valid concerns I express. It's mostly concern over WHY people are leaving in droves. To me, it's obvious why...and sadly, no one person that I know left because of the sub fee...

Even you, who is so excited over the upcoming SSSP, admit you're leaving to check out GW2...what if you like it?! Will the SSSP make you return? What if the SSSP doesn't live up to your hype?! Will the existing content be enough for you to come back? Will SWTOR lose you as a defender of the game? What does it take to make someone like you stay HERE, in this game?! You have 2 new MMOs all lined up to play...and you're one of this games strongest proponents...that worries me.

Bottom line, this game needs quicker updates for sure - I'm ok with spacing them AFTER 1.4, but 1.4 has been promised and expected for far too long for it to be released in chunks.
I'm not going no where just checking out GW2 nothing serious. Not even forming my guild playing with a another guild to keep the fun factor up.

The SSSP if I did leave would bring me back also open world pvp that's fun like DOAC with a little warhammer.(Not everything warhammer)

We will see though.

Who ever is running the show now as far as releasing information needs to step it up. This cloak and dagger stuff isn't working. A simple blog with the next 12-18 month plans would do a lot for the community. Sure a few things may be pushed back but it's a mmo that happens..

Communication needs to happen and not just about the crap we know about.
Galvatron/OptimasCO Founder Sinister
"The trick in life is knowing when to pick your pain and for what reason"
Sith PVP - SWG pre-CU/NGE BLOODFIN