Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
08.15.2012 , 04:58 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
I pay same money they do. Why i should be treated differently?
Please show me in your contract with Bioware to access this game, where you have any rights to "demand" anything.

I would like to see.

Thanks.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Flying-Brian
08.15.2012 , 05:02 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.
A few questions about this if you could please answer (if possible).

Will the new sets of gear being introduced have new armor designs, since after the displeasure of the community with the gear from 1.2, changes were promised so that future gear would have more of a 'star wars' look to it? Or will the new gear sets simply be recolors of the existing tier 2 gear (as some promo photos of the new content have shown)?

(If they are recolors, any chance of a better range of colors such as the camo chest piece that Kephess has on for troopers, instead of just more bright colors)?

As for the stats on the new gear. Will the stat distribution be correct for classes this time around, so that DPS classes will have the higher main stat armoring instead the higher endurance armoring (which a previous Dev post said would be the case for all new armor) for all armor slots? Or will the gear have the mixed up stats from the "denova" set of gear that was data mined when 1.2 came out?

Xaintis
08.15.2012 , 05:03 PM | #113
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
So we should be expecting a new warzone sometime in November?

Morrolan
08.15.2012 , 05:27 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagadeath View Post
it looks like they are taking the side grade route for the new gear. side grades are one of the ways they can increase ops/warzone content without adding huge power creep problems. mainly what this does is give gear of the same level but focuses on other stats or different looks. this lets them add more ops without making it imposable for a new max level player to get in to ops.
IOW horizontal progression, hopefully this is true and applies to the PvP gear as well.
[Harbinger] <Zeroth Legacy>
Alieraxx-Sent / Morroian-Shadow / Sereorin-Slinger / Fidd'ler-VG
Miranda-Zero-Op / Whiskeyjackxx-PT / Tattersailxx-Sin / Ben'delat-Jugg

The_Echani
08.15.2012 , 05:33 PM | #115
Just read through this n' I must say, really nice dev' feedback. Really nice info on the new releases.

I would like to ask, with the TFB operation. Will there be accompanying Flashpoint(s)? Being that, I assume, it has something to do with a specific quest line you do while leveling. (Not saying specifically incase people reading this don't know...)

Also, will future PvE content releases see people bumped up past the previous content like with the Black Hole gear or will future tiers be set slightly differently?
I know my Rakata gear is better than Black Hole gear on the whole but it was a little disapointing to see someone who hadn't done a single operation in gear that was on par with my own, which I had worked Hard mode EV/KP and Denova for...

MusedMoose
08.15.2012 , 05:39 PM | #116
I'm afraid I don't have much more information about upcoming content right now, but we'll continue to work to bring you more information!
I appreciate the response; thank you.

I know you can't make the devs tell you anything, but I hope you can remind them that, for many people, the story content is their favorite part of SW:TOR, and hearing about new story would be awesome. Thanks again.

Glzmo
08.15.2012 , 06:15 PM | #117
Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!
Nice. Are chat bubbles going to be in next month's big patch as well? If not, when can we expect them?
I would like to know whether I should renew my subscription tomorrow or not and without any concrete information on when to expect chat bubbles, I'm heavily leaning towards not renewing it until we get that information.

Twickers
08.15.2012 , 06:23 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
I pay same money they do. Why i should be treated differently?
Because your saying you DEMAND like a five year old

yoomazir
08.15.2012 , 06:56 PM | #119
Hot damn, and I thought I was happy to have top end gear with my full Rakata gear, guess I'm going to spend another couple of months again in those ops to collect the new gear...
Because my problem is that, only one same operation per week is really annoying when it is the only place to get the supposed top tier gear...

oakamp
08.15.2012 , 07:05 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by ChazDoit View Post
Hmmm, more Gear Over Skill dominance on PVP, this is not looking good.
agree,
grinding is not the symbol of swtor,
it is its story line,
where is the new story????

all u can do is just a new WZ, OP, FP, space and gears?
how can that improve ur swtor???

we only care about the new STORY contents!
English is not my first language, still working on it.