Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Content Next Month

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chaqen
08.15.2012 , 03:19 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Vortuus View Post
It was 6 weeks from announcement of PTS character xfer until the release of 1.2. This was with 1.2 being VERY rough AND RWZs being removed. So basically 6 weeks to test 5 Ops bosses. And they were still broken on release... and have been almost 1/2 the time since the release of 1.2.
The testing on PTS isnt true "testing". They are more or less testing the difficultly of the fights, and how people react to the mechanics. Did much change for 1.2 from the first release on the pts to what went live, not really... i believe some fights had their dps check lowered though, and they fixxed the wall of death bug right?

True bug testing can only happen when you know all of the mechanics to a fight, and able to play with them, and tweak them. You wont get the chance to master anything on the PTS Imho... and that why true bug testing is left to in house testers who get the fights explained to them by the developers, but the in game testers we have in this game are crap or non existent.

alifaraaz
08.15.2012 , 03:28 PM | #102
Yeah I'm very much expecting it to be pushed for release by 25th Sept regardless of its condition, since 90% (if not more) will never play the PTS to try it out ^^ and they'll need it to keep raiders attention fully on swtor
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Aus_Jedi
08.15.2012 , 03:30 PM | #103
Wow, this is exactly what I thought would happen with them releasing new content every six weeks. 1 Operation. Wow that is it....that is really lame. - There has been no true new content since April and the game is only releasing 1 new operation. Then it will be 6 weeks from then and they will release 1 other new item.

Really disappointing.....

DarthEpitaph
08.15.2012 , 03:39 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I'm afraid I don't have much more information about upcoming content right now, but we'll continue to work to bring you more information!
Please don't misunderstand this post, because I really do appreciate your recent commitment to communication here on the forum, and I understand that there are things which you are unable to provide details on.

But I, at least, am not asking for details. At this point, I'm not even asking for "sooner" or "later". You must know internally whether story content updates are in the planning or development stages. If you could simply state, yes or no, whether there are plans for future story content updates, it would be much appreciated.

alifaraaz
08.15.2012 , 03:47 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Aus_Jedi View Post
Wow, this is exactly what I thought would happen with them releasing new content every six weeks. 1 Operation. Wow that is it....that is really lame. - There has been no true new content since April and the game is only releasing 1 new operation. Then it will be 6 weeks from then and they will release 1 other new item.

Really disappointing.....
Well it would be naive to have expected a new Ops and WZ and Event every 6 weeks :P Most likely a new Ops and WZ and Event every 3 months, but staggered every 6 weeks. Which I personally think is better anyways, bagging everything in one big patch, makes everyone go nuts for like a month and then bored for ages.

Im inclined to actually believe theyll deliver more content now though, purely since f2p will rely on selling that content to free players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Givemedanger
08.15.2012 , 03:51 PM | #106
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.
OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand (i'm sorc) as some other classes (mara/sent/gunslinger/merc). Same with stats on the offhand (they are lower than on mainhand). Also i want to mod it the way i want to - just the way THEY can. What we have now is total bs.

PS. Exclude premades from normal wz's. They kill the pvp experience.

darkslider
08.15.2012 , 04:00 PM | #107
Can you tell us about the future plans on Open World PvP ?Are any Updates on Open World PvP coming in the near future ?

Best Wishes
Phil
Das Agoni Vermächtnis
T3-M4

Anyalia Agoni [Mercenary - Heal ]
Bizzya Agoni [Marauder - Anhilation ]

Sweetiepies
08.15.2012 , 04:15 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand (i'm sorc) as some other classes (mara/sent/gunslinger/merc). Same with stats on the offhand (they are lower than on mainhand). Also i want to mod it the way i want to - just the way THEY can. What we have now is total bs.

PS. Exclude premades from normal wz's. They kill the pvp experience.
OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand (i'm sorc) as some other classes (mara/sent/gunslinger/merc).
OK. I demand same expertise on my offhand
OK. I demand
demand
Nice. Hope this goes well for you.

SilentKitty
08.15.2012 , 04:15 PM | #109
I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set.
Great to know =) me and the guild is really looking forward to the new Ops! And Personally I'm really curious about the new set of gear! Hoping for a really good looking JK-set

Givemedanger
08.15.2012 , 04:21 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetiepies View Post
Nice. Hope this goes well for you.
I pay same money they do. Why i should be treated differently?