Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Grand Acquisitions Race

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Korikaji
08.14.2012 , 10:22 PM | #81
I see no reason for me to participate in this event, the rewards are just pathetic. I have no jobs leveled at this time or even started that use blaster rifles. And the armor.... why give up what I've already spent so much time and money into putting together to replace. A pet? I already have 2. And a mount that has only a +90% speed to it... I'm sorry. But I am just not feeling any desire to put time into this event. They need to seriously re-do the rewards before I do, i.e. lightsabers and blaster pistols.

BaronV
08.14.2012 , 10:28 PM | #82
awesome! I bet theres gona be a sudden population explosion on Nar Shadaa!
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

dacentabaal
08.14.2012 , 10:42 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognathon View Post
why is everyone here focusing on the negatives of the game? Honestly, SWTOR is the best game I ever played. It's not like the event is the ONLY thing you can do on the game.
when you hve been playing this game since early access and you have done pretty much everything...yes...yes it is the only thing you can do... and what a dissapointment it it t that, I can only hope it gets better providing its not a weekly long one like the Tatooine outbreak was (which WAS fun)
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
The Progenitor RP English Server
'Even in life you grind dailies, why should a game be different'
CE Owner

Strazzen
08.14.2012 , 10:59 PM | #84
The last few posts have pointed out several items that I would like to piece together and maybe bring light to some of you .
I understand that a lot of people, like the player in the previous post , are not happy with the rewards and see no reason to do the event because said rewards "are not good enough to replace what I already have." . This , to me, is a classic MMO player and not a true, dyed in the wool SW fan from days gone past. This player obviously feels the only reason to do anything in game is so that he can get better gear , or stats, or something for his character rather than just the sheer enjoyment of being able to accomplish the event , at least once , and say to yourself "I'm done." .
A lot of players like this , IMHO , are ones who hope from MMO to new MMO looking for that next big hit, that next big high that will make them feel like they did when they played in their 1st MMO years ago. Nothing will ever truly please them , so they will always complain .
A few posts before that the player wrote, correctly in my honest opinion , that players who were complaining already only on day 1 were expecting way too much out of BW / EA for the first 24 hours of a Galactic wide event .
He was correct in pointing out that BW may put in different rewards at different times in the event and they may change or pull the original rewards to replace with new. There again , this is the difference between mature, life long Star Wars fans , and immature MMO game hoppers who are only looking for their next fix.

Me personally , I just got out of the hospital from yet another skin graft surgery (#30 in 13+ years post trauma) and I'm looking forward to the 1st galactic wide event in almost 6 months . I started in the middle of the Rakghoul outbreak and even though I was nowhere near the level I needed to be to complete it (I still have it in my mission log on my Sentinal) I had a guild mate at lvl 50 guide me through some of the initial parts just so I could experience it in just a small way . Why you may ask ??
Because I was 11 when SW:ANH changed everything forever with regards to Sci-Fi & movies. I had already seen a similar change earlier in my life when Armstrong landed on the moon and Star Trek was on public network TV . And I still have that sense of "Wow, that is cool." with regards to games, computers, Sci-Fi, & MMO's . I will never grow tired of trying something new , something I have never done before, and something that looks like it could be enjoyable, especially with friends along .
I realize that I'm old school, old fashioned, and out dated in a lot of ways. But , personally, I feel to each his own . BW is going to look at the complaints, praise, haters & lovers and take from this what they need to do next. And for me , my only complaint is this : This event should have happened sooner. Twice a year is not often enough for me as a player for events like this. Once a quarter would be better or every 4 months good, but I do not have any real idea what it takes to put together, from a artist / design stand point, so maybe twice a year is all that is possible or practical. Who knows.
I want more things like this so it keeps the game flowing and fresh rather than let it get stale. SW lovers are going to stick by TOR no matter what , and MMO hoppers are going to move on to whatever is next (GW2?) no matter what . We just need to find more players who can enjoy the game and fall in love with Star Wars like I / We have all those years ago (Aug., 1977 for me) .
Remember, there is no light , there is no dark, there is only the Force
"The only thing that has ever mattered in Battle & War is
'The W' .
Winning is not everything , it is the only thing. "

SikrouDeco
08.14.2012 , 11:38 PM | #85
I'm hoping this is a bug, but to remove a barrel from a legacy sniper rifle (purchased with tokens) is 174k? LOL It's not even as good as Columi. Was this done to stop people from using the legacy weapon to send barrels to other characters with the same legacy?
"I have a bad feeling about this.." Member since 2008

MystbladeWA
08.14.2012 , 11:46 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by KurganNazzir View Post
If people would stop being rude and group up, or at least not fight over the objectives, this would not be a problem. All of the summoning quests can be done in a group with everyone getting credit and the items so there is no reason to fight over the stuff when you can group up and be done with it...or wait your turn.

It's also my belief that people clicking on the terminal to summon Fallaxen when he is already fighting someone is the cause of him bugging out and needing to be reset, which inevitable leads to someone else running up and clicking the terminal, though it could just be a coincidence that he bugged those times I observed this.

Why is it so hard for folks to be team players? I remember the Rakghoul event having more camaraderie, though there were still some problems and there will always be when it comes to people.
My point is that any fool could have predicted that people would behave in this way. The quests are not group oriented by design so of course people are going to, in general, be the tool's that they are on the internet and be incredibly selfish.
Its obvious.
Its also massively naive of BW if they thought that it would be any different. A simple green friggin door and an instance so you could do it in peace or with a group would have been all that was needed.

Jandrik_Xun
08.14.2012 , 11:55 PM | #87
I noticed a few players with Hagnoffarl pets, which I had never heard of. I searched Google and the SWTOR Forums for it and found a post (Rakling and Other new 1.2 Pets) that stated:

Quote: Originally Posted by Jenemi View Post
...Hagnoffarl - Gotten as a reward for completing "The Grand Acquisitions Race"...
If this is true, then someone must have found a way to repair the "check back later" droids. Can anyone give me a clue as to how these droids can be repaired?
The Empire will prevail, despite the obstacles that we must overcome.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Vugluskr
08.15.2012 , 12:00 AM | #88
I like the new ability to transfer barrels and crystals between characters and hope for lightsabers to be in stock in a few days too. Pet is kinda ugly, but it is matter of taste.

The whole idea of event where you have to find something without quest markers on your map is great. I love puzzle quests where you have to think a bit. It is a step in right direction.

What I do not like is fight over boxes with other players. If a player has collected his 6 items he should be locked from picking more boxes. I know that you can find nice items in this boxes, but I feel something is wrong there.

JWillets
08.15.2012 , 12:07 AM | #89
So far im gonna have to give it a whopping 2 thumbs down. i didnt enjoy riding all over nar shaddaa to get a chance at getting 1 of 6 pieces. Took me 27 crates to get 6 pieces man. The quests that funnel an entire server into 1 spot to use 1 thing was kinda poorly executed. The vendor is really lacking. I can already buy sand people social gear. I cant use any of those weapons unless i use a blaster rifle or a sniper riifle. what of assassins, sorcs, warriors, bounty hunters, etc? I know theres more planned since those last 3 quests are locked but you guys gotta step it up hard. Especially since the rakghoul event was so awesome by comparison. 3 world bosses to kill, awesome stuff to buy (companion customizations, black green crystals, pet, armor, etc), Emergency alerts.

Deewe
08.15.2012 , 12:23 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Vugluskr View Post
What I do not like is fight over boxes with other players. If a player has collected his 6 items he should be locked from picking more boxes. I know that you can find nice items in this boxes, but I feel something is wrong there.
Some more feedback:

#1 After the last event players suggested to receive RL emails (beforehand) and at least in game ones to announce the event.(because not everyone goes to the fleet regularly).
You did not to that, many people will be disappointed for sure as they'll eventually miss the event.

#2 Players asked to know the time frame of the event. You stated very vague mentions.

#3 Players are disappointing to see only blaster like weapons. Some of us are thinking different ones might appear.
Guess you'd like to come upfront to mitigate expectations.

#4 People did not like being dependent on camped spawning items. We have this very issue now. Especially since we don't know how long the even will last.

$5 People were disappointed to learn only a few hours before the end of the event that the vendor would be removed. For now we are clueless of whether or when it will be removed.

#6 The pet reward looks cheap as only a reskin of an existing model, which most of us already have due to the character transfer reward.

#7 The new gear is interesting still useless as we can't and won't be able to transfer set bonuses. Twin Wars persists.

#8 BOY (Bind On legacY) items are apreciated

#9 I appreciated the mission in which we had to pursue the BH. Maybe make a less static version in the future a bit like in Assassin Creed.

#10 I appreciated the mission in which we had to jump on the aor exhauts, however would have appreciated less static movement, more 3D movement plz.

#11 Did not see multiplayer components in this event yet. Weird for an MMO.

#12 The event felt more SW than the one before.