Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Grand Acquisitions Race

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gomigakari
08.22.2012 , 09:46 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandrik_Xun View Post
"Brain Games *wimper* are now *sniff sniff* over."
You're old.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh...everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

JunoSynth
08.23.2012 , 12:42 AM | #292
Is this still available? I did not see any hologram next to the Hutt statue on Nar Shadda.

GameKnight
08.23.2012 , 01:47 AM | #293
These events need to last longer or be available at later periods. Is that going to be the plan, to have them happen again at a later date. I wasn't able to play for a couple weeks and totally missed out on this content.
May the Force be with you.

GameKnight
08.23.2012 , 01:58 AM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by Gomigakari View Post
It's not about simply "finishing" this event. There are REWARDS, the aquisition of which cost a LOT of tokens! Running this event one time straight through in 2 hours may barely get you the speeder (200 tokens), but nothing else. Then, you have to run around looting boxes unless you have alts high enough level to do it again, which takes HOURS to get the tokens required to purchase the weapons, pet and outfit parts.
I agree with you on this. These events need to last longer so that more people can get access to them. An mmo having an event for just one week is not sympathetic to it's player base. Every player out there can't play every single day. Some have just enough time to play on the weekends, so this was just a big waste of the Devs. time because it didn't get show cased to everyone in the game.
May the Force be with you.

liammozz
08.23.2012 , 02:01 AM | #295
there might be another part comming up i just got a ingame email, i was like when i read it sounds like its going to be interesting

Zipacnaa
08.23.2012 , 03:01 AM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by liammozz View Post
there might be another part comming up i just got a ingame email, i was like when i read it sounds like its going to be interesting
Interesting! Can you divulge some more info for those of us not able to check our own emails at the moment?

AshlaBoga
08.23.2012 , 03:24 AM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa View Post
Interesting! Can you divulge some more info for those of us not able to check our own emails at the moment?
THE GREE ARE RETURNING.

Which honestly, we already knew from the datamined info concerning Terror From Beyond (Dread Masters stupidly opened Gree Hypergates unleashed Lovecraftian Abominations, etc.).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

aeterno
08.23.2012 , 03:36 AM | #298
Good arguments can be made for both cases I feel.

Having time limited events in some form makes the game more alive I feel. Gets the community moving and buzzing in a way they'd never get if "events" wouldn't go out to stay.

On the issue of their lenght, there are always gonna be people that "just miss" an event cos they have stuff going on IRL just that particular week. Can't be helped.

I mean sure it'd be nice if it lasted 2 weeks I guess but honestly, it depends on the event. This race was already stretched to its breaking point with 3 fetch quests buying the devs 3 days of "event time" with chasing the boxes the only filler. I don't think you could have streatched out this race to 2 weeks and still keep a somewhat satisfactory cohesion and structure of it for the players that "activly participated" in it from day one. Just wasn't enough content in it. Hopefully the next one can be larger and longer.

lklinga
08.23.2012 , 03:44 AM | #299
So what to do with my partially collected stuff and the tokens. Really feel like cheated out since I am not able to play all the time and now have half finished junk in my inventory just reminding me and irritating me.

Why not just have the event continuing as a linear quest after all the clues have been handed out with perhaps lesser rewards ?

Booo

AshlaBoga
08.23.2012 , 03:46 AM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by lklinga View Post
So what to do with my partially collected stuff and the tokens. Really feel like cheated out since I am not able to play all the time and now have half finished junk in my inventory just reminding me and irritating me.

Why not just have the event continuing as a linear quest after all the clues have been handed out with perhaps lesser rewards ?

Booo
Tokens? You can still buy stuff you know, Vendor won't be leaving until Tuesday at 12 AM (maintenance).
If you're short a couple tokens then just read general chat, people are spamming it trying to sell Tokens.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption