Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Grand Acquisitions Race

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jandrik_Xun
08.15.2012 , 12:29 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by JWillets View Post
So far im gonna have to give it a whopping 2 thumbs down. i didnt enjoy riding all over nar shaddaa to get a chance at getting 1 of 6 pieces. Took me 27 crates to get 6 pieces man. The quests that funnel an entire server into 1 spot to use 1 thing was kinda poorly executed. The vendor is really lacking. I can already buy sand people social gear. I cant use any of those weapons unless i use a blaster rifle or a sniper riifle. what of assassins, sorcs, warriors, bounty hunters, etc? I know theres more planned since those last 3 quests are locked but you guys gotta step it up hard.
I agree. I wasted an entire day to get my Lobelot. From coffee to beer. Now I'm done. Too much time gets wasted while driving around and progress is not being made. The only reason I'm not enfuriated right now is because this month was free. I don't like the 'figure it out yourself' type of missions. It gives vacant minds a false sense of intelligence and vice versa. I play video games to play video games.

I have hundreds of dollars saved up just for this game, but I'm not going to just give it to Bioware. They have to figure out themselves how to get it. Free-to-play is sounding mighty inviting.

Quote: Originally Posted by JWillets View Post
Especially since the rakghoul event was so awesome by comparison. 3 world bosses to kill, awesome stuff to buy (companion customizations, black green crystals, pet, armor, etc), Emergency alerts.
I disagree, I'd give 2 thumbs down for that event too. They're much too secretive about it AFTER it's released. I had a paid subscription from release, through until present. I had no clue there was an event taking place. I found out after it was over. An email would have been ideal. Surprise schmurprise, I know I'm not Luke Skywalker, let the surprise be roleplay. Don't force it upon people. I payed $160 to pre-order the collector's edition, then payed for 6 months in advance. I should be entitled to everything available in the game in that time.

Here's an idea: A vendor of past event items, purchasable with Blackhole Commendations.

Edit: I'll be damned if I spend a single Cartel Token on a Crimson Rakling pet.
The Empire will prevail, despite the obstacles that we must overcome.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Krayven
08.15.2012 , 12:30 AM | #92
The thing I find tragically amusing is that from an RP perspective, only Wookiees use Bowcasters, and the only Wookiee companion is melee only where be the Rhyk blades????

Anyhoo.... back to teh game....
"Available in your region, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not"
Felt a disturbance, Obi Wan has

Myschief
08.15.2012 , 12:31 AM | #93
I have found this event disappointing and tedious.

I work during the day. When I log on to play, it is in hope that I will at least have the illusion that I will accomplish something with the time I have spent. I kept reading in chat how some people had gone 30+ Smuggler Boxes without advancing their search for the apparatus. I had four pieces and thought that while frustrating I could probably find the last two pieces in a reasonable amount of time. I was wrong. I did not find another Smuggler box for over 20 minutes.

Thirty boxes, at twenty minute intervals, that is 10 HOURS. To hell with that.

At least I had the leads... which told me to come back later. I came back later, same result. So what do they mean by later?

5 minutes, an hour, tomorrow, or Sunday (the day after my account expires).

Yesterday, I was commited to renewing. Today, not so much.

Hopeful, things will change tomorrow and there will be enough content to support the population. Hopefully the vendor will have a weapon for sell that one of the five characters I have will be able to use. Hopefully the vendor will have rank 2 and 3 speeders.

Hopefully, my anger at this event will stop overshadowing my enjoyment of the game before it comes time to renew.

Sadriel_Fett
08.15.2012 , 12:43 AM | #94
I really like the look of the speeder bike, but it's only a level 1? Seriously? Now maybe if that was a bind to legacy instead of the weapons, it'd be worth the price. But I have to agree with most people on here. Not worth jumping through all these hoops for what the vendor is selling right now.
"I'm just a simple fan, trying to make my way in the universe."
The Tor'Vhett Legacy
The Widowmakers
Sadriel Tavo Mirdalan Gar'akOneiros Kil'rathi
The Pork-Chop Express
Fetticus B'arin Abesh'Shaap Gilamar

Antiskeptic
08.15.2012 , 01:11 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadriel_Fett View Post
I really like the look of the speeder bike, but it's only a level 1? Seriously? Now maybe if that was a bind to legacy instead of the weapons, it'd be worth the price. But I have to agree with most people on here. Not worth jumping through all these hoops for what the vendor is selling right now.
have you seen the speeder? how do you expect it to go any faster? lol

DarthVengeant
08.15.2012 , 01:12 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan-the-knight View Post
A Suggestion Bioware, i dont know if you plan to do it or not, but some more Rewards in the Event Vendors Shop would be VERY accepted right now, most people are dissapointed by the contents of the shop, maybe more weapons that covers everyones needs? Wookiee melee weapons perhaps? and maybe a faster mount? these are just suggestions
And, why are all the weapons only for one pretty much class? I fail to understand why there is not something for ALL classes. No freakin light sabers? SERIOUSLY? It' s ridiculous. Honestly, there really isn't much worth getting. All I have to choose from is the clothing, speeder, and pet. That's it. The rest is of no value to me since I cant use it at all.

And, why are these area's not in instances? 30 people crowded around trying to do the exact same thing doesn't work well Bioware. The lazer room quest is frankly idiotic and nearly impossible to do BECAUSE of all the people in there trying to do it at the same time.

I think developers are forgetting that games are supposed to be fun. There isn't much fun in this event. Just traveling all over constantly riding taxis, your speeder, and your ship. I am so sick of the time wasted traveling and riding speeders or elevators it's not funny. It RUINS the enjoyment of playing. Searching for stupid loot boxes. That's ALL Bioware could think up? Real FUN!

Why nothing new with our supposed romances? After you marry them that's the end? Seriously? Nothing new for our ship decor? How about adding DYE for clothing heh? They really need to add ALOT more to end game. It's a SNORE.

Talosred
08.15.2012 , 01:12 AM | #97
Any word on when the last three quests open?

Ezenthor
08.15.2012 , 01:23 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Talosred View Post
Any word on when the last three quests open?
The one on Dromund is already up. Came up approximately 3 AM EST. As for the two on NS,its anyone's guess. My personal one would be roughly 8 AM when dailies reset, but it could very well be before then, or hell, even tomorrow.

DoctorMozG
08.15.2012 , 03:02 AM | #99
It's not fair! There is only guns and the all bound to legacy, but there is not s single lightsaber! Now all other classes will be able to transfer barrels across their account but we Sith Marauders won't be able it's a fail, please add hilts ASAP!

Zipacnaa
08.15.2012 , 03:09 AM | #100
So have I understood this right: first day is / was a one day thing only and took place yesterday?

I was online yesterday but got no BW hint that there was such an event taking place. I'm overall generally happy with BW and TOR but this is absolute bull cr*p.

How am I meant to know about these events if not through the game