Bleh. Disappointed.

I'm pretty bummed. Just discovered that Bioware decided to stick with the instance trifecta, tank/healer/DPS. How did i find this out? After my group of me (smuggler), 2 commandos and a Shadow had the temerity to attempt the easiest flashpoint in the game and instantly got obliterated.

I can only assume that none of them were specced for tanking and it depresses me that it is a requirement not only to have a tank class but also to be fully specced into tanking. For endgame content that sort of requirement is fine but we are all level 17.

I guess most disappointing of all is that Bioware has decided to keep this massively flawed archetype at all. Why is it so hard to just make content that requires 4 moderately skilled people of any spec/class combination to complete? I had enough of that in WoW, and frankly it was easier in WoW because at least it had an auto group system that would put you together with a tank specced tank class even if it did take a half an hour.

P.S. Bioware. Thanks for making it so that the droids in Hammer Station will aggro me from farther away if i am stealthed than they would if i were standing plainly in the open. Nice trick.

... do people not pay attention or something? They never said they were straying away from the trifecta...

You will always have a tank, dps, healer. Exactly how is a game going to work? What better idea do you have? If you have all dps faceroll, you get wotlk dungeons. You can literally just go in and faceroll every dungeon. Is that the kind of game you want? It's not bioware's fault your group of 4 cannot overcome an easy dungeon. The game is as EASY as it is and you want it even EASIER? Go back to wow please.

Actually it was probably your lack of heals, not your lack of a tank, that did you in on Hammer Station, since at that level the tanks are just not that tank-y yet.

I noticed that the tanks aren't really tanks at that level too. I can pull aggro off a tank as dps with no problem.

... do people not pay attention or something? They never said they were straying away from the trifecta...

You will always have a tank, dps, healer. Exactly how is a game going to work? What better idea do you have? If you have all dps faceroll, you get wotlk dungeons. You can literally just go in and faceroll every dungeon. Is that the kind of game you want? It's not bioware's fault your group of 4 cannot overcome an easy dungeon. The game is as EASY as it is and you want it even EASIER? Go back to wow please.

Did you copy and paste that from somewhere?

Of course I didn't pay attention to it. i don't gush any fluids at the mere mention of anything Star Wars. I have not devoted the whole of my existence to this game since it was announced. My friends decided to play this game so here I am.

The WoW grouping archetype is terribad, and it is also seven years old. I assumed that after all this time a brand new MMO would find a way to innovate that aspect of the game. Instead we have a regression into something that is even less enjoyable.

As for better ideas, of course I have them. Anyone with half a brain can come up with them. How about dynamic dungeon content? Like, the instance changes the nature of the encounters based on the composition of the party so that the challenge is still there but doable if you dont have a tank or a healer or either? Or how about including an NPC to fill a missing role? NPC's in this game are pretty capable and the code that dictates their actions is great. No reason you cant have one of them fill in as a healer or a tank. There are ways to do away with the trifecta. There are a million of them. You just have to not be lazy and be willing to take even the tiniest risk on something new.

And as for WoTLK dungeons, yeah everyone loves talking about how easy they were and how terrible that was. And everyone danced in a big happy circle singing Kumbayah when Cataclysm came out because it was gonna put a challenge back in the game woohoo! Then 2 months later everyone quit because they got tired of walking into an instance and wiping on the first pull repeatedly. Turns out people liked the WoTLK facerolling but nobody wanted to admit that because for some reason everyone feels to need to be a hardass on the internet and you cant be a hardass if you admit you like easy, fluid content.

I don't play MMO's so i can have my blood pressure shoot through the roof. This is a leisure activity for me and i have NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER with the content being WoTLK easy. I dont give a damn about elitists and i dont give a damn about overcoming challenges that are PURELY statistical in nature. And when a couple of mobs blow me up in 1.2 seconds because our tank doesnt have the capability to get them off me quickly enough that is nothing more than a statistical problem.

You want to challenge me with dynamic content fine. The need for situational awareness in a hectic fight is challenging. Dying because two bots are hitting me for 600 a second and i only have 2400hp is not a challenge. Its just math.

Actually it was probably your lack of heals, not your lack of a tank, that did you in on Hammer Station, since at that level the tanks are just not that tank-y yet.

Quoted for truth. HS is super easy for 3 DPS and one DPS that has a healing skill, all level 17. Use your CC abilities. The last fight might give you a little trouble without someone with some tanking skills, but it is by no means impossible without a tank.

OP - This is not GW2, it will never be GW2. However, I like the mentality behind GW2 as well. You need to understand that these are different games, with different systems, and they will never be the same.

Edited by Lagtastic

I honestly cant understand you complaint regarding group compositions. If all instances was doable with any group people would rush through em in no time.

If the flashpoints where easy enough to be done without a propper group (Healer, Tank and DPS) they wouldnt be any fun imo. The fun thing about a instances/raid is that every person in the group has a role wich me/she must fill out, for the group to be able to complete it.

Would there be any points in have multiple specc options, if you could do all the group related content with DPS'ers only?

I honestly cant understand you complaint regarding group compositions. If all instances was doable with any group people would rush through em in no time.

If the flashpoints where easy enough to be done without a propper group (Healer, Tank and DPS) they wouldnt be any fun imo. The fun thing about a instances/raid is that every person in the group has a role wich me/she must fill out, for the group to be able to complete it.

Would there be any points in have multiple specc options, if you could do all the group related content with DPS'ers only?

Im fine with those things becoming important for the endgame raid type content. I just dont think they enhance the game when it comes to the instance runs people do daily. And i definitely dont think it enhances the gameplay while youre low level.

1. Hammer Station isnt the easiest FP in the game, infact its the first really tough one

2. I did this with my 17 Seer Healer and we wiped 3 times at the last boss because i had trouble healing everybody, so i practiced and got better

3. That the trinity would be used here was clear for a long time, so read the forums before buying a game

4. challenging content has nothing to do with elitists but with our skill to play our class and as a group

5. if 2 droids hit u for 600 each, how about CCing 1 of them?

6. You have seen 2 FP in this game out of 10-15 for each faction (dont know the exact numbers), how about doing the rest? maybe theres more to come that suits u better?

Edited by Balancer

1. Hammer Station isnt the easiest FP in the game, infact its the first really tough one

Hammer is a joke if you pay attention to the boss mechanics. The last boss's AOE can be interrupted, which reduces his damage output significantly. The adds have low HP and can even be tossed off the edge by a SI. You DO have to deal with them or you'll be overwhelmed though.

Now, Mandalorian Raiders is the first REAL hard FP in the game, 2nd boss is arguably overtuned.

Did you copy and paste that from somewhere?

Of course I didn't pay attention to it. i don't gush any fluids at the mere mention of anything Star Wars. I have not devoted the whole of my existence to this game since it was announced. My friends decided to play this game so here I am.

The WoW grouping archetype is terribad, and it is also seven years old. I assumed that after all this time a brand new MMO would find a way to innovate that aspect of the game. Instead we have a regression into something that is even less enjoyable.

As for better ideas, of course I have them. Anyone with half a brain can come up with them. How about dynamic dungeon content? Like, the instance changes the nature of the encounters based on the composition of the party so that the challenge is still there but doable if you dont have a tank or a healer or either? Or how about including an NPC to fill a missing role? NPC's in this game are pretty capable and the code that dictates their actions is great. No reason you cant have one of them fill in as a healer or a tank. There are ways to do away with the trifecta. There are a million of them. You just have to not be lazy and be willing to take even the tiniest risk on something new.

And as for WoTLK dungeons, yeah everyone loves talking about how easy they were and how terrible that was. And everyone danced in a big happy circle singing Kumbayah when Cataclysm came out because it was gonna put a challenge back in the game woohoo! Then 2 months later everyone quit because they got tired of walking into an instance and wiping on the first pull repeatedly. Turns out people liked the WoTLK facerolling but nobody wanted to admit that because for some reason everyone feels to need to be a hardass on the internet and you cant be a hardass if you admit you like easy, fluid content.

I don't play MMO's so i can have my blood pressure shoot through the roof. This is a leisure activity for me and i have NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER with the content being WoTLK easy. I dont give a damn about elitists and i dont give a damn about overcoming challenges that are PURELY statistical in nature. And when a couple of mobs blow me up in 1.2 seconds because our tank doesnt have the capability to get them off me quickly enough that is nothing more than a statistical problem.

You want to challenge me with dynamic content fine. The need for situational awareness in a hectic fight is challenging. Dying because two bots are hitting me for 600 a second and i only have 2400hp is not a challenge. Its just math.

I quit WoW cause the Cataclysm instances were too easy. I would quit in a second if the flashpoints gets even close to WOTLK standard. Go play CoD or some other games that require no brain activity at all, don't try to ruin this great game for us.

Im fine with those things becoming important for the endgame raid type content. I just dont think they enhance the game when it comes to the instance runs people do daily. And i definitely dont think it enhances the gameplay while youre low level.

Perhaps not, but you learn to play your specc and i emagine that this is a huge benefit for some players. I think that learning to play you role, and doing so in flashpoints is fun, and is great for prepairing you for the endgame content. This could be a way to ensure that when players reach endgame content they are ready to do their part and know how to do it.

There is nothing more frustating than grouping with a useless tank/healer that causes wipes.

Or how about including an NPC to fill a missing role? NPC's in this game are pretty capable and the code that dictates their actions is great. No reason you cant have one of them fill in as a healer or a tank. There are ways to do away with the trifecta. There are a million of them. You just have to not be lazy and be willing to take even the tiniest risk on something new.

It's a good thing that you can do exactly that in this game, then.

You can bring along companions into flashpoints and have them tank or heal if you want. It'll definitely be harder, but it's not impossible to clear content this way.

Edited by Leadlian