Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are the event activated

Zenpasin
08.15.2012 , 01:40 PM | #21
The problem is not that the quest it gated. The problem is that it is not clear that it is gated. If the next lead simply said come back tomorrow people would not be sitting around spamming it for 15 minutes getting frustrated. I'm all for new ideas and extending the life of things but this event has been poorly thought out and implemented.
(4/13/2012) Thank you for realizing that I dont have to be a level 50 to be a valuable customer.

lightSaberAddiCt
08.15.2012 , 01:45 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DjDouglas View Post
GRRRrrrr, rar, rar...

Is everyone here grumpy or what. Why can't anyone just give an answer instead of blasting someone for asking a question. You can just easily answer them and say that the missions are timed to be unlocked later. Instead people have to blast them and call them whiners. There are people that will get upset that missions are timed SO WHAT. Instead everyone has to have a grumpyfest and blast everyone. I have never seen such a hostile community in a game.
Because of the context and manner that they ask. If the OP had just posted a simple question, rather then ranting and raving about it then more then likely, would have received a positive response.

Metalmac
08.15.2012 , 01:56 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
Because of the context and manner that they ask. If the OP had just posted a simple question, rather then ranting and raving about it then more then likely, would have received a positive response.
Look this simple.
I retired from programming and a rule of thumb is do not put out anything that does not work right.
Would you sell a car with only 3 wheels on it and tell the customer he has to wait for the forth one?

This is what happened to me with this quest line, now my quest log has to be edited to make room.
(or the car analogy would be this car is sitting and I can not drive it)

SOLUTION:
A. Increase number of Quests allowed in Quest Log.
B. Do not put out quests with a unknown timer on them.
C. Make the quest unavailable till the rest of quest is ready to be released.
D. Think ahead some for the sake of customer pleasure.

BrotherJohn
08.15.2012 , 02:21 PM | #24
its sorta funny they tried hard to make it a time sink and ultimately it was a fail. why put a stop on a mission for a later date when that mission only takes 3 minutes to complete after that? really poor design imo.

one there is no way it should have been such that you had 50 people all clicking on the dame box or laser. two why combine smuggler boxes with just comms outside of only wanting to make it a little longer and bore the hell out of your customer. two why is it that the events all seem to be time sinks for very very little reward.

how about bw you focus on adding in new FP, new ops, new wz and oh most importantly making it STAR WARS as in stop using lame events to guild world pvp when you need to build a proper system for world pvp that gets people to pvp. not see people mindlessly drive by faction and just do their quest. it was hilarious watching imp and pub just standing around in conversation with an npc and just mount up and drive off.

i applaud you for adding a mini event in but honestly it was a 2 out of 10 and only a fraction of a small step to keeping your this game going for a while longer.

Gokkus
08.15.2012 , 02:28 PM | #25
I am in favor of people thinking before QQing because it was obviously meant this way.
There really is nothing wrong with it either, it was the same with the rakghoul event. This time they gave us information on where the next chapter is, thats all. Grow up...
Jolee: I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee: The Wookiees!

Daeada
08.15.2012 , 02:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Gerandar View Post
world events are not content, its a small time waste if anything, content would be more warzones more story more ops and so forth, a world event with only range weapons and a bleh speeder does not count for content.
new   [noo, nyoo]
adjective
of recent origin, production, purchase, etc.; having but lately come or been brought into being:

conĚtent1    [kon-tent]
noun
a.
something that is contained:

Hmm. Quests that are now in the game, that were not there 48 hours ago. That description seems to qualify for both of these definitions. Maybe you have a different dictionary.

More likely: You are just upset this new content is not what you wanted.

Quote: Originally Posted by BrotherJohn View Post
how about bw you focus on adding in new FP, new ops, new wz ...rantrantrant
Different teams have different jobs. There's probably a PvP team, a Raid team, a FP team, and an event team. They can all work separately.

Kakashioftheye
08.15.2012 , 02:56 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexxas View Post
becouse i have 3 quest that says i have to get back to them later , and i started on thouse yester day.
and the game buggs all the time , the travel ablity shows as ready when its not , so im pretty sure it was not tested before the released it or thouse bugs i and others run into would have been fixed , and so what if you finish it on 1 day , its your loose , not the dev team.

i can tell you this , i got in on the rakghoul event late and it was on daily quest , and i didnt complete the event becouse of it , i think they have to let people quest when they can , and not on the game dev timers. after all its the gamers that pays for their wages. wiht out player there is no gaming company , with out game company , the dev. team wouldnt have a job.
^Facepalm....Remember the Rakghoul event? They spread the quests out over a couple of days to lengthen the event. Do people feel the need to complain about everything???