Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Collected Writings of Tiethiagg" mission is too tedious!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Collected Writings of Tiethiagg" mission is too tedious!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Urael
08.14.2012 , 02:36 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Just look at General Chat when the event kicked off - "I know this brand new event just started, and I glanced at the quest text but I'm still lazy, so can someone tell me where everything is?" "It's random, and have you tried looking, like everyone else?" "Okay.. what are the random spots I need to check?"

I would have thought 'scavenger hunt' was self-explanatory, but I guess I'm an old grouch.
No you can read and are not part of the "give-me" lazy generation (of New "Gamers").

Kirihuna
08.14.2012 , 02:41 PM | #22
>Too many people
>Too little time
>Event called "Race"

BadSpice
08.14.2012 , 04:46 PM | #23
LOVED this quest! Had a blast! Really amazing work Bioware. Like an oasis in the middle of a long drought, event quests like this make me glad I'm still subbed. These events make the worlds feel alive, and vital while showing off quests like this one that are pretty different from the standard fair we've seen so far in the general game. I really hope we see more event quests like this. I just hope in the future, we wont have to wait so long between events. Keep up the good work!
Uh... **Blaster Fire** It was a Boring Conversation, anyway.

Kubernetic
08.14.2012 , 06:41 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Just look at General Chat when the event kicked off - "I know this brand new event just started, and I glanced at the quest text but I'm still lazy, so can someone tell me where everything is?" "It's random, and have you tried looking, like everyone else?" "Okay.. what are the random spots I need to check?"

I would have thought 'scavenger hunt' was self-explanatory, but I guess I'm an old grouch.
+1 from another member of the Old Grouch Squad. LOL

I also really enjoyed this mission. The first time I didn't get them all right, and the game reset. I was able to IMMEDIATELY go click the datapad on the floor again, and complete it almost immediately.

Not sure where this 1 hour wait thing comes from...

These were some great missions over all. Really entertaining. I hope the next 3 are just as robust, and that there might even be a few more hidden away. If not though, still love the event!
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Vhaegrant
08.14.2012 , 06:51 PM | #25
I just wish the puzzle had been a genuine challenge rather than a test of patience.
Put it in a phase, make it optional, and then rack up the difficulty.

The biggest hurdle to most players were the other players and that's never a good situation. Unless it's PvP

MarsDirewolf
08.14.2012 , 07:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
I just wish the puzzle had been a genuine challenge rather than a test of patience.
Put it in a phase, make it optional, and then rack up the difficulty.

The biggest hurdle to most players were the other players and that's never a good situation. Unless it's PvP
Might as welll make your own "event" so you will have sooooo much fun.
I think my hair is smarter than my brain. It's sooooo smart that it defies my instructions.

Laris_Rai
08.14.2012 , 07:29 PM | #27
When I did this there was just one guy who came in and stood there while I worked out the puzzle. Took me a few tries and then I was on my way.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Vhaegrant
08.14.2012 , 07:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MarsDirewolf View Post
Might as welll make your own "event" so you will have sooooo much fun.
Not really what I was trying to suggest. I do that every day when I play, get rid ot the companion or remove some gear to increase fight difficulty etc...

What I was trying to get across is that I'd like to see content for a solo player, and a scavanger hunt is an ideal form for this, that is challenging. Puzzles that make you scratch your head and think through without being so obscure you'd rather just google a guide site. Or timed fights/ puzzles that see how good your rotations are or co-ordination is.

And it has to be optional because at the end of the day not everyone will be able to do it.

MarsDirewolf
08.14.2012 , 07:55 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
Not really what I was trying to suggest. I do that every day when I play, get rid ot the companion or remove some gear to increase fight difficulty etc...

What I was trying to get across is that I'd like to see content for a solo player, and a scavanger hunt is an ideal form for this, that is challenging. Puzzles that make you scratch your head and think through without being so obscure you'd rather just google a guide site. Or timed fights/ puzzles that see how good your rotations are or co-ordination is.

And it has to be optional because at the end of the day not everyone will be able to do it.
All right, I understand. Thank you for clarifying. And I am sorry if I sounded rude. Just sick hearing all of these rants about the event. Nice idea though. The "option", I assume, will work for those who are so furious about the puzzle being VERY difficult. Yes, there should've been like the BEGINNER, EASY, NORMAL, EXPERT options.

And oh, "black and white" for the color puzzle since some are claiming that they're colourblind and could not determine which ring was yellor or green. I can admit I am starting to sound sarcastic, but I am not really.
I think my hair is smarter than my brain. It's sooooo smart that it defies my instructions.

BadSpice
08.14.2012 , 08:57 PM | #30
Sounds like some people just want to play a single player game and if that's the case, then enjoy lvling 1-49 in your own instanced story, but these events are meant to encourage community and friendly competition which is exactly what it's done. There is enough single player instanced community-breaker content in SWTOR already. Enjoy the quest for what it is... if you're having a hard time because you have to actually deal with other players, then come back later. late tonight most the crowds will have thinned out. But don't argue for more community breaking content. You already have 8 slices 1-49 heavily instanced lvling content that can be treated like a single player game. That's a lot of content. These events are one of the few things this game has left to build community and encourage people to play and deal with each other. And it succeeds because it ISN'T instanced.
Uh... **Blaster Fire** It was a Boring Conversation, anyway.