Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Healing fun for You?

CompoundGG
12.19.2011 , 02:38 PM | #11
I like healing so far. I think certain UI improvements should be made in order to make it even better though.

1. Purging can be an issue because i find it hard to see when at what debuffs people are afflicted by. Especially using OPS frames.

2. OPS frames needs pets. I realize you can't use pets in raid encounters but it is kind of a problem when using ops in normal instances and general play.

Apart from the above i think healing is very challenging and fun compared to most other MMO's i have played. On top of it there seems to be a lack of healers, which makes it even more fun to be one....you get to feel all special and wanted!

Arkhell
12.20.2011 , 01:38 AM | #12
started healing way back when ni was tierd of DPS.

havn't looked back ever since, the minigame of whack a mole and avoiding dmg yourself is just way more fun then keep whacking some dude with a stick while trying to stay outn of the fire

and ofcourse the resposibility for the group, if you slack of they die, if they slack of you just have a harder time
my Lightsaber goes PZZZZZZZ stabbedy stab stab pzwwwb and you're dead

eilliant
12.20.2011 , 03:40 AM | #13
I found healing pretty fun in SWTOR, especially cause of the acolyte. I can do Heroic 2 alone, without any problems, at lvl 19 for now, i just have to keep my Khem Val alive long enough to kill the beasts.

The main problem i've found was in small group for heroics when the dps just rush in without taking care of the CC i've put or don't define who is tanking. Anyhow the role is pretty fun i think, u're not a weak caracter, and just because of the acolyte.

HeatherRae
12.20.2011 , 03:55 AM | #14
I like healing so far, but I'm not too keen on the UI. I find it clunky and annoying. Not being able to heal companions, when they're such an integral part of a party, except by targeting them manually (which I've noticed is annoyingly difficult) is a real pain. I also want more options for my keybindings.

I'd really like click-to-cast if I was being honest.

I worry that healing raids is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible.

SySnootles
12.20.2011 , 06:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
I like healing so far, but I'm not too keen on the UI. I find it clunky and annoying. Not being able to heal companions, when they're such an integral part of a party, except by targeting them manually (which I've noticed is annoyingly difficult) is a real pain. I also want more options for my keybindings.

I'd really like click-to-cast if I was being honest.

I worry that healing raids is going to be extremely difficult if not impossible.
Ive had to find ways around the ui to make healing a more enjoyable role... this is what ive done:

Make the operation frames your standard group frames. Change their width and height to accommodate your tastes and move the frames to a position above your own character frame.

I play with a keypad peripheral called the "Razor Nostromo" made by Belkin. I have my heals and shield mapped to the "Q" "E" "R" and "T" keys, so they are at "hand"

This means i just have to click the frames and "launch" the heal with a quick key press. It feels much more natural and ergonomic than playing on a full keyboard.

spinedoc
12.20.2011 , 06:55 AM | #16
Yes I'd say healing is fun for me, I play a healer in every MMO I have ever subbed to, I just love the thrill of healing. In TOR it's a bit borked, they REALLY need target of target, which will help organize the group greatly. The only thing I don't like about healing atm is that without target of target it seems that every group member picks a different mob and as a healer I'm stuck basically healing 3 "tanks". Players seem very disorganized and not really knowing that a good efficient group will focus on a single mob at a time.

I'd also love more options to dps as a healer. As a sorc on intense fights I don't dps (other than sabre strike to regen power) because I'm afraid of using up my power. It would be nice to have some mechanic where dps would specifically help healing so you would be inclined to throw it in.

Besides target of target we need more UI refinements, macros, customized group windows, etc. But overall I think BW has done a good job for launch.