Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Healing fun for You?

SySnootles
12.19.2011 , 09:08 AM | #1
Itīs a simple...

1. Do you find it fun?
  2. Do you do it because your guild needs you to?
  3. Do you do it because Healers tend to get into groups faster than most classes?

Personally what i like more about playing as a healer, is that there is no rotation involved. Its based purely on reaction to what is happening around you and not following a theorycraft optimized rotation of spells.

Then again, there are somethings i tend to dislike about playing a healer, namely:

1. Unavoidable AOE fights
  2. Prevalence of stats/gear over skill at the endgame
  3. Long drawn out fights, i have no patiente to watch life bars for 15m

So what are you likes and dislikes, what made you choose a healer and not a tank or damage dealer?
SySnootles is... Darth Rage Quit, a Pure Blooded Sith Sorcerer Healer plying his trade on the Dark Intent guild / Kellian Jarro server.

LordPancake
12.19.2011 , 09:11 AM | #2
I have enjoyed Operative healing so far, mostly because the mechanics are interesting and its not just a spam fest (managing energy is an interesting balance).

I usually play tanks, but after running a Jug to 21 I decided to yield to our Powertech and let him tank and I would pick up heals, allowing the Sorc to spam lightning.

Who knows what will happen down the road, but for now the Op healing is good stuff.
-Jon
Platus - Imperial Agent / Operative - Healer
Rusvul -lv21 Retired Jug Tank (for now).

VicSkimmr
12.19.2011 , 09:49 AM | #3
I like healing on my sorc a lot. It's a lot of shielding and HoT's, along with a lot of pew pew. It's much more fun than DPS IMO as I get to do a bit of both in every fight.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

ElanMorinTedroni
12.19.2011 , 09:53 AM | #4
I'll give it a 9/10 so far. The only thing preventing me from having as much fun as possible is the UI. It's just clunky. Otherwise it's a total blast.

I think the only thing I've healed with an actual tank was Hammer Station. Everything else seems to be me and three Marauders. Even then, most fights seem to be tuned well enough that the boss dies just as I'm hitting the bottom of my force bar.

The only real difficulty seems to be in Heroic 4 quests when my cc is continually broken and all four of us have agro from something. But that generally only happens in my trigger happy full Marauder groups.

SySnootles
12.19.2011 , 10:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ElanMorinTedroni View Post
I'll give it a 9/10 so far. The only thing preventing me from having as much fun as possible is the UI. It's just clunky. Otherwise it's a total blast.

I think the only thing I've healed with an actual tank was Hammer Station. Everything else seems to be me and three Marauders. Even then, most fights seem to be tuned well enough that the boss dies just as I'm hitting the bottom of my force bar.

The only real difficulty seems to be in Heroic 4 quests when my cc is continually broken and all four of us have agro from something. But that generally only happens in my trigger happy full Marauder groups.
I know the feeling (about cc), i remember questing in Tatooine with my Sage back in beta, doing an Heroic 4 and having all this trouble sorting out CCīs and then the tank opens up with an AOE... *sigh*
SySnootles is... Darth Rage Quit, a Pure Blooded Sith Sorcerer Healer plying his trade on the Dark Intent guild / Kellian Jarro server.

avictor
12.19.2011 , 10:21 AM | #6
I heal because it is the only way my team will win. We got the pew pew but when it comes to healing no one seems to be able to do it and do it right. I heal and pew pew as much as I can but there is one thing that is stopping me from enjoying it.

A crappy CRAPPY UI!!!!! If I can't use the interface quickly how am I supposed to enjoy the game.
The last thing the enemy will see is my muzzle flash of freedom!

Oculnyx
12.19.2011 , 12:49 PM | #7
I've healed every MMO I've ever played, and the reason is this:

You can very easily replace DPS, even good ones. You have a very difficult time replacing a good healer (or tank for that matter). You're always needed, and when you're good at it you can carry pretty hard.

A bit selfish, but its why I heal

Kasias
12.19.2011 , 12:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SySnootles View Post
Itīs a simple...

1. Do you find it fun?
  3. Do you do it because Healers tend to get into groups faster than most classes?

Personally what i like more about playing as a healer, is that there is no rotation involved. Its based purely on reaction to what is happening around you and not following a theorycraft optimized rotation of spells.

Then again, there are somethings i tend to dislike about playing a healer, namely:

1. Unavoidable AOE fights
  2. Prevalence of stats/gear over skill at the endgame
  3. Long drawn out fights, i have no patiente to watch life bars for 15m

So what are you likes and dislikes, what made you choose a healer and not a tank or damage dealer?
I love to heal, I love the support aspect of being a healer. It is a selfless, sometimes thankless job that is critical to a group's success (as are the rest, tanking, dps, etc). I really enjoy being "the healer", and I try my best to keep my group up.

No guild yet, but have been flattered by many offers so far.
Death to the Rebellion!!!
Level 28 Corupt Sorce

Ashayah
12.19.2011 , 12:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SySnootles View Post
Itīs a simple...

1. Do you find it fun?

1. Yes

2. Guild? Yeah I'm in a guild but we dont do anything together yet

3. Chose healing actually because I did a flashpoint and I was the only one with any kind of healing. I've never enjoyed healing in other games *cough cough WOW* as any class but I'm loving it here
. I remember.

Zahzah
12.19.2011 , 02:27 PM | #10
The healing is fun.
Nothing exactly ground breaking except the companions (really like that)

But the UI is giving me a damned headache to say the least.
I'm dreading what kind of pain a raid is going to be.