Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rerolling On The Fatman - What Should I Expect?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP

islander
08.14.2012 , 10:32 AM | #21
What I'd really like to see, and this prob isn't the right place for it, is a custom channel that folks would actually use that can announce/coordinate pvp skirmishing. Sure, you've got travel delays and what not. It wouldn't be perfect. It'd be something though.

The concept behind Ilum was good. The execution - not so much.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Vaipyr
08.14.2012 , 10:34 AM | #22
Quote:
Absolutely abyssmal PvPers on average compared to even the PvE servers.

No joke. For a better PvP experience you'd be better served on Jung Ma, or a PvE server where the only people that really queue for PvP are those that are interested in PvP'ing (and winning).

Twin
08.14.2012 , 10:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Back in the days of SWG, on my server we would pick some random spot far away in the middle of nowhere on one of the planets and tell the opposite faction we were going to amass a force there. They would then amass their own force and we would have a attacker/defender type scenario with minimal effort in setup. This happened pretty often.

Then again, SWG was huge and way more spread out than SWTOR. Ah, memories...
Yeah, and how will you send a "tell" to the organizer of the opposing faction here in TOR?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The first and most vital step towards making world pvp happen in this game, is to allow us to communicate with the opposing faction so we can organize PVP events like we did in SWG.

Thats the only option they have, unless we're gonna get railway'd into some Ilum-like area that they call "Open World". Of course....that's probably exactly whats going to happen...

Anyway, when we can smoothly organize pvp events, and there's incentive to participate in world pvp in general - then i will consider this game to have delivered world pvp.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

islander
08.14.2012 , 10:40 AM | #24
Of course, having our own respective server forums would have helped a bit. None of this lumped together junk.

Pistols
08.14.2012 , 10:46 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
By "fickle", I meant that they are less likely to stay on the Fatman and help grow the server community. Fatman's population has been dropping (not even in the top 20 anymore) while Ebon Hawk, for example has stayed pretty steady or even grown. So it's pretty clear that people who had level 50 mains on origin servers that became ghost towns rerolled new characters on the Fatman. And once server transfers were in a good portion of them jumped ship to play their original characters.
The population has always been abundant, and the server has always had 200+ on Fleet #1, with another Fleet instance well populated and sometimes even 3. Your information, is inaccurate. Every server has seen a decline of late, and no other server has become the "special" re-roll go-to...the server even before the re-rolls has always been high...much like your post lol.

Pistols
08.14.2012 , 10:48 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaipyr View Post
Absolutely abyssmal PvPers on average compared to even the PvE servers.

No joke. For a better PvP experience you'd be better served on Jung Ma, or a PvE server where the only people that really queue for PvP are those that are interested in PvP'ing (and winning).
Did you ever queue for Rateds on Fatman? If so, who were you? The suspense is killing me.

islander
08.14.2012 , 10:57 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Did you ever queue for Rateds on Fatman? If so, who were you? The suspense is killing me.

This. I've barely done rated, and my opponents were far, very far from abyssmal.

Jenzali
08.14.2012 , 11:14 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
The population has always been abundant, and the server has always had 200+ on Fleet #1, with another Fleet instance well populated and sometimes even 3. Your information, is inaccurate. Every server has seen a decline of late, and no other server has become the "special" re-roll go-to...the server even before the re-rolls has always been high...much like your post lol.
http://www.torstatus.net/

Data says hi.

In short, fleet population does not equal server population. The fact that Fatman has more fleet instances than the highly populated servers is clear enough explanation why the Fatman has little to no World PvP. Because everyone's on the fleet rather than questing or skirmishing/ganking out on the planets.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Pistols
08.14.2012 , 11:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
http://www.torstatus.net/

Data says hi.

In short, fleet population does not equal server population. The fact that Fatman has more fleet instances than the highly populated servers is clear enough explanation why the Fatman has little to no World PvP. Because everyone's on the fleet rather than questing or skirmishing/ganking out on the planets.
Fatman has a small group that tries for World PvP, but most do not enjoy slideshow lag infested no skill PvP.

Most prefer WZ's.

/enjoy

Also, the data you linked shows ALL servers. Break it down by East Coast PvP, and the Data will say hi back to ya.

Aedey
08.14.2012 , 11:31 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
So because the devs give us a bunch of empty space, and you expect us to make our own world PvP? That is like telling a bunch of kids to go out in the backyard and play football, but you dont give them a football............
Makes it a bit hard when the kids keep kicking the ball on the train tracks & expecting someone to get it for them. You break it you pay for it.
Aedč Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera