Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rerolling On The Fatman - What Should I Expect?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Rerolling On The Fatman - What Should I Expect?

LibertySol
08.14.2012 , 01:28 AM | #1
So I'm rerolling on The Fatman today. I had a few questions:

Is there any world pvp? It seems like Imps and Pubs have radically different level ranges for most of the planets (at least until Voss).

And whats the Imp/Pub population like? Is one side dramatically more skilled than the other (I'm leaving a server with this problem).

Vaull
08.14.2012 , 01:46 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LibertySol View Post
So I'm rerolling on The Fatman today. I had a few questions:

Is there any world pvp? It seems like Imps and Pubs have radically different level ranges for most of the planets (at least until Voss).

And whats the Imp/Pub population like? Is one side dramatically more skilled than the other (I'm leaving a server with this problem).
There is no world pvp in this entire game.

vsalcedo
08.14.2012 , 01:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaull View Post
There is no world pvp in this entire game.
There is if you make it happen the developers should'nt have to hold yer hand. They give you tatooine make it happen and do'nt complain.

Luciferhawke
08.14.2012 , 02:48 AM | #4
Fat men...Fat men everywhere

vwsupra
08.14.2012 , 05:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by vsalcedo View Post
There is if you make it happen the developers should'nt have to hold yer hand. They give you tatooine make it happen and do'nt complain.
................why dont you go watch Starwars or somthing?
(something funny)

Occide
08.14.2012 , 05:27 AM | #6

vwsupra
08.14.2012 , 05:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by vsalcedo View Post
So because the devs give us a bunch of empty space, and you expect us to make our own world PvP? That is like telling a bunch of kids to go out in the backyard and play football, but you dont give them a football............
(something funny)

Rogean
08.14.2012 , 06:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
So because the devs give us a bunch of empty space, and you expect us to make our own world PvP? That is like telling a bunch of kids to go out in the backyard and play football, but you dont give them a football............
Back in the days of SWG, on my server we would pick some random spot far away in the middle of nowhere on one of the planets and tell the opposite faction we were going to amass a force there. They would then amass their own force and we would have a attacker/defender type scenario with minimal effort in setup. This happened pretty often.

Then again, SWG was huge and way more spread out than SWTOR. Ah, memories...

Jayshames
08.14.2012 , 06:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
Except it's NOTHING like that at all..

They've given you WORLDS where it's possible to PVP, both factions sharing the same planets at similar levels and a mix of outposts.

It's as simple as that and it works. the only change they could make would be to add queues to join fights, but then it'd be no different to warzones except more people and level 50s fighting lowbies.
SCOTLAND

SuperGrunt
08.14.2012 , 06:43 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Back in the days of SWG, on my server we would pick some random spot far away in the middle of nowhere on one of the planets and tell the opposite faction we were going to amass a force there. They would then amass their own force and we would have a attacker/defender type scenario with minimal effort in setup. This happened pretty often.

Then again, SWG was huge and way more spread out than SWTOR. Ah, memories...
On Scylla we would do that, but we normally used either a player city, or a NPC city as the location of it.

I fondly remember being a level 70ish BH and cycling through the Rebel bounties on the boards looking for a red dot on my map to show up and then gank that fool to get easy credits.
Healing, damage, tanking, it doesn't matter. I do it all. I have been doing it while winning in PVP since Beta.