Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

Sarenne
09.28.2012 , 03:47 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Fomore View Post
well for 1 the 1 credit per unit undercut is me people buy the lowest on and dont care about if it is 1 credit or 100 credits lower. so by doing just 1 credit keeps the prices as high as posible.
umm nope - I don't buy anything with a price that ends in a 9 just on principle.

DarthBloodloss
09.28.2012 , 04:00 PM | #72
gotta love the super generic email:

"Someone bought something from you. Credits on the way."

Uhh which item? or for how much?
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Nadreck
09.28.2012 , 10:02 PM | #73
one annoyance to me is while you are posting stuff on GTN and it marks you as being away from keyboard so it logs you off .

Zarahemla
10.07.2012 , 04:45 PM | #74
1) Not being able to organize the seach for items by per unit cost, instead of final cost.

I post all my crafting mats in stacks of 99. I sell cheaper than those who post in stacks of 1, yet players looking to buy will grab the stacks of 1 instead of my stacks of 99 since those are listed first.

2) Selling finished products for less than the cost of the mats to craft them.

I have over 800 purple crafting recipes for Sytweaving alone, and tons more, with all the other professions (I only bothered to count one of them) yet i don't bother to post what I can make on the GTN becuase players don't buy purple leveling gear unless it is less than the cost of mats.

3) When you post something on the GTN when the servers go down, you don't know what sold.

When you get your credits in the mail, you have a message saying "the item you posted on the GTN sold for the price you were selling it for." For those of use that sell finished products, and not just mats we don't know what sold. When an item sells, I craft another one and repost it for 5k more than what it sold for last time. Then if it doesn't sell I lower the price again. When an item sells, and I don't know what it was, how am I supposed to craft a new one to repost?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rigaux View Post
[COLOR="LightBlue"]1. People putting a Korrealis Commander or other non-attainable mount for way too much on the GTN. i want that speeder yes, so do alot of people. but you want it gone and someone wants it. negotiate a price plz.
What do you consider "way too much?" Paying those players is the only way to obtain those items. 2 million credits to buy it from the vender is "way too much" for some people. I see people selling it 6 months after they became unattainable for 5 million credits. That is not much of a mark up when you consider how easy it was to get them at 2 million vs how hard it is to get them now the venders don't sell them anymore.

Just think what the prices will be like in 1-7 years from now.
What I am looking for in a guild: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=538352

TascaFH
10.07.2012 , 07:30 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!
People tend to buy at the lowest possible price, so NOT undercutting you by 1 credit is simply bad business. It doesn't matter if you price an item at $-1 or $-1,000; most players are simply going to buy the first listed item. There is utterly no financial gain in undercutting an item a huge amount when people will buy it at the lowest high price possible.
Learn to max out your profits and stop throwing away credits needlessly on undercutting.

The rest I agree with.

Darth-Rammstein
10.07.2012 , 10:21 PM | #76
Well, right now I would have to say my biggest issue with the gtn is how they never fully fixed it and when you search for an item the gtn will display a whole ton of unrelated crap.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

EnalisNailo
10.07.2012 , 11:36 PM | #77
I think it really depends on the material being listed. For example I make most of my money of Advanced Nerual Augmentors. Since they on average sell at 15k a pop and there are a quite a few people out there who are 1-5 short. Listing several up in singular stacks just makes sense.

Things like durasteel and upari crystals on the other hand the smallest I would list them in is a stack of 10
Dark Templar - Empire - Proper Villains
-55 Roster-
Enalis, the Vengance Juggernaut - Sčrina, the Darkness Assassin - Morrigon, the Carnage Marauder
Raveną, the Marksmen Sniper - Rąsputin, the Lightning Sorcerer - Nikolay, the Shield Tech Power Tech
Terrinas the Medicine Operative

MagnitudeZero
10.07.2012 , 11:59 PM | #78
1. 50 item listing limit.

I played the AH religiously in WoW, often having over 1000 items listed at once, this just crushes me.

And ye, the search function is poor.

tatatan
10.08.2012 , 03:37 AM | #79
wrong quote

baskboy
10.09.2012 , 02:46 AM | #80
Wel my biggest issue with the gtn is people dont understand it.
I make my Credits with the crew mission.
How you ask.
Easy i sell mine for lowest price on gtn
Around 12k for most crew missions people stelling it slight under me.... Oke no problem
However there are Guy/girls selling it for basic price 3/4k!
What are the thinking check the freaking price before posting!!!
This not only happens in the crewmission but also in crafting stuf i mean got 20 mandelorian iron for 3k a pičce?
The curnt price on market is 15/20k
A wel there lose but why not give it for free than?
I mean main thing you need on gtn is patience