Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

Malles
08.22.2012 , 12:10 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by joeypesci View Post
How is that annoying? Buy the stock, sell it on, profit. Simple.
Because then the price drops down to nothing, no one is making a profit, and any attempts to raise it are met with "Wow, this is really expensive now."
I used simple happy language words to help you understand.

Why yes, I have been a proud SWTOR Community member since August 2011. Why, wanna fight about it?

Ybini
08.22.2012 , 01:11 PM | #42
Actually my bigged annoyance with the GTN is there isn't a slot filter when searching for gear. Like say a helmet, you have to flip through every other thing in your armor class looking for something to go into that slot. I know there's a name feature but not everything is named perfectly.

Raora
08.22.2012 , 03:04 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
Actually my bigged annoyance with the GTN is there isn't a slot filter when searching for gear. Like say a helmet, you have to flip through every other thing in your armor class looking for something to go into that slot. I know there's a name feature but not everything is named perfectly.
thought there was a slot option. I've searched for helmets,wrists etc etc before

Raora
08.27.2012 , 01:40 PM | #44
To the dude jumping off and back on the cargo hold terminal in Fleet non stop for 20min while I was organizing my materials I salute you for annoying the bleep out of me!!!

moondrgn
08.27.2012 , 03:41 PM | #45
The only annoyance I have: resellers with an entitlement syndrome. The scummy leaches that inflate the prices, and then have the gall to complain when the market isn't doing exactly what they want it to.
(@)

VigDiath
08.27.2012 , 05:28 PM | #46
Top annoyance? That I actually have to put effort into pricing and selling something in a game. I don't want to do the math. I just want to play the fricking game! Unfortunately, to stay competetive I have to find ways to make money for the augments and gear I need. I've only once come close to 1 million credits and that was about 800,000 when they first gave us the recruit tokens. I blew that on augments!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Raora
08.27.2012 , 06:32 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by moondrgn View Post
The only annoyance I have: resellers with an entitlement syndrome. The scummy leaches that inflate the prices, and then have the gall to complain when the market isn't doing exactly what they want it to.
Would not be a problem if people knew how to price on the market. If Mutgenic Paste is selling for 1,800cr/unit like it is now and someone puts a stack of 99 on there for 500cr/unit the only smart thing to do it buy that up and re-sell for the 1,800.

FITorion
08.28.2012 , 01:56 AM | #48
1. it's not an auction house. It's a consignment shop.

2. default prices do not accurately reflect cost to produce.

3. putting an item in the sell slot doesn't automatically show recent purchase prices for that item.

4. can't "browse" the categories. Must use the search. I'd rather click through nested lists than go through the dropdown search system.

Never attribute to malice that which can be ascribed to sheer stupidity.

Slugamaniac
08.28.2012 , 09:25 AM | #49
The inability to shift-click to prefill the search field to check current prices.
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

asbalana
08.28.2012 , 09:50 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
Would not be a problem if people knew how to price on the market. If Mutgenic Paste is selling for 1,800cr/unit like it is now and someone puts a stack of 99 on there for 500cr/unit the only smart thing to do it buy that up and re-sell for the 1,800.
True. Since reading your posts, I've started to spin through about ten items every time I go to list something on the GTN. It is amazing how many grossly underpriced items that can be found. On my server the Paste goes for about 1,200 to 1,500 credits a unit. I usually list at 1,399 per. If I go to list and see someone has listed 40 units at 158 per, I will indeed snap it up. That is well under production cost. I will then relist at my standard price = easy profit. I don't play the market to look for bargains to relist, but only a dummy would not take advantage of what is there. ---- Oh look, someone listed 99 Hypertechs for 12,500 credits, gee they go for about 1,000 each, I think that I will wait until they sell before I list mine at 1,000 and not be a bad guy and buy the stack and then relist - yeh right, lol.

Truth is that there are a small number of people who do not understand pricing or who do but list very low for their own reasons. The problem with the swtor economy is that it is not dynamic and vibrant, but limps along. A few people who list at a low price can actually kill the pricing of a mat because buyers see the low price and start to think that is what the pricing should be and will hold off from buying at a 'reasonable" price. Yes, reasonable is subjective but if something s(other than throw away unwanted junk) ells for less than the production cost + GTN cut + small profit then I call that unreasonable. To me the resellers help the economy greatly. They clear away the underpriced stuff out and help keep a floor under pricing.