Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 3 GTN annoyances

Sinapus
02.27.2013 , 09:58 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by NLxAROSA View Post
You can also use the select all, and then the 'take all' button. Just two clicks, and you have both attached cash and items back. But make sure you don't accidentally hit the 'delete' button in between, since it has NO confirmation (yes, I found out the hard way, with several mails with attachments selected, ouch!)
I did that with my commando. Fortunately it was all read e-mail with no cash/attachments. Those little "thank you" type e-mails you get from NPCs that vanish after 30 days.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

Joonbeams
02.28.2013 , 11:41 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by SalBasss View Post
I wish there was a longer list time too, but you know there is a "take all attachments" button in your mailbox, right? Just mark the checkbox for each returned email and use that "take all" button and it will automatically give you back your creds and items from the selected emails.
OMG! I never knew this. What a great tip! And the select all too. I feel like a maroooooon!!

asbalana
03.02.2013 , 09:50 AM | #133
Undercutting by a large amount. I know that this has been mentioned before but I am seeing a lot more of it.

For example, MK-6 kits are selling for 34,000 credits + or - 500 and have been going for that amount for a few hours. When I list at that price, usually half of my listings are sold befoe I finish. Then all of a sudden nothing. I check back and find that someone has listed three or four pages at 30,000. A 4,000 drop. Then people start listing at 29.500 so that they can make a sale and the price sprials down. A few days later the glut is gone and the kits once again sell vigorously for 34,000 for a while and then again someone drops three or four pages at 30,000 and here we go again.

It ends up that a few people depress the price of the kits and by dumping keep it lower than it should be. I can see posting low to make sales, but when I consider the profitability of each sale (sale price minus time cost and what I could sell the mats for) a little over 10% in price drop magnifies into a very large percentage of net gain,

Perhaps someone who is doing pages and pages of listings at prices significantly under what the item could list and sell for will explain their rational. In the example of the kits, if you buy the mats there is not a huge profit margin in the kits and if you gather the mats through missions or directly out in the world it takes a ton of time. 30+ kits (three or more pages) at 10 components per kit is 300 components which at about 8 mats for component gives over (without the re mat pay back) 2,400 mats. That is a lot and represents a large investment in time and/or credits. Dumping al of that at a much lower price than is needed to make the sales and screw up the market just does not make sense to me. Selling 30 kits to gain the same amount that 15 or 20 will give does not make sense to me.

I used kits as an example, but am seeing this in a lot of places and for a lot of items.

Sinapus
03.03.2013 , 09:18 PM | #134
I've been keeping my mk-6 kits at 33k minimum. I figure their demand is great enough that the 29k kits will be snapped up but people will still buy mine at 33k or above. So far I've been getting sales.

It's the resources from the cartel packs that annoy me more, since they're undercut by ridiculous margins. I still manage to get them sold a tiny bit at a time at default prices.
Maxim 37: There is no overkill, there is only "Open Fire" and "I Need to Reload."

Friend Referral Link.

asbalana
03.10.2013 , 10:39 AM | #135
LOL, yesterday I thought of my last post.

MK-6 kits were selling at a good clip at 35,000 each on Harbinger. I made a few and when I went to list them, I saw that some ##### had listed six full pages at 30,000 (5,000) less than the next lowest. A few days before, when they were going at 34,000 some ##### listed three pages at 25,000,

I understand that everyone has a perfect right to list at the price that they choose. I understand that people will list lower than the next highest price by a good deal at tiimes because they feel that the prices are unfairly high. I understand that people will list at a low price to move a lot of goods at a time. But what I see happening just appears ot be excessive by a mile and kills the market for the rest of the sellers.

I am not sure why people are dumping three to six pages of goods (especially one that takes a while to make) at a time unless they are just cleaning out their cargo holds.

dacentabaal
03.26.2013 , 08:07 PM | #136
They tend to go for 38k minumum on The progenitor lowest ive ever seen them was 35k.

The one thing thats bugging me about the GTN lately, is i'll list items for two days and make a note of what it is and what time due to selling multiple items daily, only to log on a day later to recieve them back with a mesage saying "unsuccessful sale" and my deposit back and me with a look on my face as if to say "but...I listed for TWO days now ONE!" even took screens to prove I listed for two days and forwarded them to customer services and just got the generic reply
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
http://www.swtor.com/r/sdFwY8

Edgeup
03.26.2013 , 09:54 PM | #137
If someone is severely undercutting buy them it and re list items at market price if it fluctuates then take advantage. The gtn great for making money. I've done this a few times myself if I noticed crazy undercutting.

In the end every game auction/ player based trading network annoying but that is because of other people. I remember undercutters on ffxi would list **** super low so it sold first since it was an auction based system. I can't tell you how many big ticket items were bought super cheap a few things as low as 1 gil.

MidichIorian
03.26.2013 , 10:29 PM | #138
When the singles price is lower than the stack price. Seriously, the people who put up stacks, can't you freaking look first and have you never been shopping? When you buy ten of something it's usually cheaper than just buying one. In any case, it's atleast not more expensive. And I would like to buy stacks, on behalf of it being easier than buying 50 singles, but you have to work with me here. Are the higher prices a fee for not having to buy 50 singles, is that your business model? It's not working.

Rincewend
03.26.2013 , 11:13 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
When the singles price is lower than the stack price. Seriously, the people who put up stacks, can't you freaking look first and have you never been shopping? When you buy ten of something it's usually cheaper than just buying one. In any case, it's atleast not more expensive. And I would like to buy stacks, on behalf of it being easier than buying 50 singles, but you have to work with me here. Are the higher prices a fee for not having to buy 50 singles, is that your business model? It's not working.
When I put up stacks I check the price of singles first (as they come up in the search first) and as long as it is over cost than I put a stack up for the same price for each. However, people do check and undercut nothing I can do about that after I post.

Sinapus
03.26.2013 , 11:36 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgeup View Post
If someone is severely undercutting buy them it and re list items at market price if it fluctuates then take advantage. The gtn great for making money. I've done this a few times myself if I noticed crazy undercutting.
My alts w/the ability to craft augments have been buying the supercheap sliced tech parts now. I did try buying a bunch of subelectronic data modules(?) once, then resold them at default prices. Took a long time to sell them all. Making augments is probably a bit more profitable.

It's actually cheaper than having my alts w/slicing run the appropriate missions.

Friend Referral Link.