Yet another attempt for SGR information

Tenebram

First I'd like to ask why any thread regarding this topic is closed within minutes with no /information/ given, every time it's "go post here" yet posting there does nothing. That has been well established at this point. If there is no information to give then say that.. don't just continue to ignore us please, only reason I've made threads here is because this seems to be the only area you can get answers from... but with the instant locks, even this area doesn't give much hope

They only instantly lock SGRA threads because they hate us asking about it - which means one of two things.

I've sent several PM's to Mr. Gonzalez and I have asked Mr. Gonzalez to respond several times in his thread. I have been ignored. Many others who have contacted Mr. Gonzalez on this matter have also been ignored. This implies that Mr. Gonzales does not give a rat's arse about this subject, which further implies that no one else at Bioware gives a rat's arse about this subject.

I have four pets rats, by the way, if Mr. Gonzalez requires any rat's arses so that he can give them.

Pissed off? Yeah, just a little bit.

They only instantly lock SGRA threads because they hate us asking about it - which means one of two things.

I've sent several PM's to Mr. Gonzalez and I have asked Mr. Gonzalez to respond several times in his thread. I have been ignored. Many others who have contacted Mr. Gonzalez on this matter have also been ignored. This implies that Mr. Gonzales does not give a rat's arse about this subject, which further implies that no one else at Bioware gives a rat's arse about this subject.

I have four pets rats, by the way, if Mr. Gonzalez requires any rat's arses so that he can give them.

Irrational? Yeah, just a little bit.

I fixed it for you. Not getting an answer does not mean that they do not care. However, you are laughably arrogant if you think that this subject is something that is vital to this game's success.

Edited by TheBBP

I fixed it for you. Not getting an answer does not mean that they do not care. However, you are laughably arrogant if you think that this subject is something that is vital to this game's success.

I do not think it is "vital", however I do think it is important. Bioware refuses to talk to us on this subject and frankly I'm sick of it.

I realise I shouldn't be posting in this thread, of course, I'm not doing it any favours.

Edit: I also apparently can't type to save my life. Ugh.

Edited by Tatile

Neutral gear and twi'lek helms fitting right aren't vital to the game's success, but people post about them too. As paying subscribers, we have the right to ask about what's important to us.

And on that note, just adding my voice again to those who want to know about SGRs. We've been asking about them for nearly a year, and heard very little. A simple confirmation that they're still in the works would help a great deal. Thank you.

Doesnt that give you a clue? SGR are not a game-saver and can only enjoyed by the few "enchanted" (the robin williams fans will get it) people. Face it SGR will prob never happen, thank god.

This. After all this game needs the rainbow coalition is still crying about this. Every. Freakin. day.

I think people need to consider some empathy.

All SGR people are asking for is equality. In the words of Nina Simone "you don't have to live next to me. Just give me my equality!"

Games in general, bioware games, but also stand out titles like Fallout New Vegas included homosexual characters. Nicely done. Tastefully done. Less 'gay pride' more 'gay dignity'.

To deny that in such a major title was a backward step. We do not know the cause, nor should we speculate. But to quietly continue asking for equality seems only right and fair.

They didn't have to put romance in. They chose to. To leave out SGR leaves an unpalatable after taste.

Over the years of opression many excuses have been used for bigotry and hatred. Many excuses are always used. But it remains wrong.

I think people need to consider some empathy.

All SGR people are asking for is equality. In the words of Nina Simone "you don't have to live next to me. Just give me my equality!"

Games in general, bioware games, but also stand out titles like Fallout New Vegas included homosexual characters. Nicely done. Tastefully done. Less 'gay pride' more 'gay dignity'.

To deny that in such a major title was a backward step. We do not know the cause, nor should we speculate. But to quietly continue asking for equality seems only right and fair.

They didn't have to put romance in. They chose to. To leave out SGR leaves an unpalatable after taste.

Over the years of opression many excuses have been used for bigotry and hatred. Many excuses are always used. But it remains wrong.

Thank you for understanding. It's always good to see when somebody gets it. :)

First I'd like to ask why any thread regarding this topic is closed within minutes with no /information/ given, every time it's "go post here" yet posting there does nothing. That has been well established at this point. If there is no information to give then say that.. don't just continue to ignore us please, only reason I've made threads here is because this seems to be the only area you can get answers from... but with the instant locks, even this area doesn't give much hope

Only way they will listen is to hit them in their wallets. Cancel your subscription is the only language ea/bioware knows.

Only way they will listen is to hit them in their wallets. Cancel your subscription is the only language ea/bioware knows.

Except that so many have done exactly that, that now there aren't enough developers left to do even half the plans they had at the start.

Please do. I'm sure it will just kill bws little hearts to lose 100 more people. One hundred less whiners.

Thank you for understanding. It's always good to see when somebody gets it. :)

Oh I'm not brave for showing my support.

I think supporting gay rights is now a mainstream issue. I think the devs at bioware know that too. I recall the issue got and gets mainstream media coverage - there was a bbc article on the matter of SGR, and numerous others.

Discrimination has already become something of "the past". History teaches it never lead anyone to happiness. It is time it stopped.

Are Same Gender Romance options vital to the success of the game? In my opinion yes, absolutely, for one major reason: in a game lacking mass appeal, catering to the various constituencies which do play is the only hope for long term survival. It's like building a parliamentary coalition out of various parties and special interests. One person may care only about PVP and think any deficiencies in that element are game breaking, another may disdain PVP but care passionately about something else -- class quests, story-driven end game content, more romance options, whatever -- and while they get two radically different experiences from the game, they're united in their desire to see it flourish. But if any of these constituencies start peeling off because their interests are not being served, it impoverishes the environment for everyone else, and shortens the life of the game.

LGBT gamers want these options for the same reasons heterosexual players do -- companion relationships and storylines are a big part of the game (and yes, Mr. Hypothetical PVPer, I see you reaching for the Reply button, and realize you don't care about the romances. Fine. Point taken. But plenty of people do), and they shouldn't be limited to OG love interests any more than my male smuggler should be confined to wooing Corso.

I also support it for purely selfish reasons, because it increases replay value, and rewards the player for rolling new characters -- even classes they've played before -- by offering a different experience. Plus, it's new content (and probably new companions as well, although that's yet to be confirmed), and we've already had new WZs, a new Operation, so new class/companion related material is about due.

What's overdue is any word on where this stands, and when, and if, we can expect it to be implemented. I realize the devs have been playing things even closer to the vest than usual in the wake of the layoffs and other personnel shake-ups, but if they expect to hold onto their paying customers, they need to make at least a token effort at maintaining a dialogue.

• Dev Post
Hello! Because we already have a thread where players are asking for more information on this topic (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476215), we'll be closing this one. We encourage you to add your question to that thread. Please remember that reposting threads that have been closed is against the rules. We understand that you are eager for more information and will provide updates when they are available. Thank you! Edited by CommunitySupport