Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how do you join a guild?

AshleyLarrieux
08.13.2012 , 04:56 PM | #1
i am new to the game and have no friends on it and i want to join a guild so i can meet people.... but nobody is inviting me to one and there isnt many people running around the early levels in guilds who i can ask to join theirs :\ unlike wow i dont know where any major cities are so i cant travel there and ask in trade chat for somebody to invite me to something and there is no guildfinder that i can see at least, so im stuck guildless and friendless leveling alone in barren wasteland D: no fun

ScarletBlaze
08.13.2012 , 05:21 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AshleyLarrieux View Post
i am new to the game and have no friends on it and i want to join a guild so i can meet people.... but nobody is inviting me to one and there isnt many people running around the early levels in guilds who i can ask to join theirs :\ unlike wow i dont know where any major cities are so i cant travel there and ask in trade chat for somebody to invite me to something and there is no guildfinder that i can see at least, so im stuck guildless and friendless leveling alone in barren wasteland D: no fun
Try looking on the fleet or seeing people that are running around the lower planets or even take a look at this thread

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=309

Best places on your server would be the fleet and the capitol cities for each faction.

Republic - Corsuant

Imperial- Drumond Kaas

And guilds are faction restricted.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

AshleyLarrieux
08.13.2012 , 05:44 PM | #3
thanks scarletblaze! could you tell me how to get to the cities or to the fleet?

ScarletBlaze
08.13.2012 , 05:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AshleyLarrieux View Post
thanks scarletblaze! could you tell me how to get to the cities or to the fleet?
If you haven't finished your starter planet quest you will need to do that especially your class mission. Until you finish your class mission on your starter planet you will be unable to get to the fleet and also the capitol cities.

That is usually around lv 10.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: A Time for Renewal[ https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/sK3jz376Zu8

Ashaari
08.14.2012 , 08:19 AM | #5
You have two choices - you can either start a guild of your own (This is done at Fleet) but you will need a number of others to sign your charter, or, you can be invited to join an existing guild.

The best place in my experience to look for a guild is Fleet.
There are regularly people looking for new guild members who advertise by calling out in chat.
You can ask in General chat if any guilds are looking for or accepting new members, but you need to be prepared to answer questions about your interests i.e. PvE,PvP etc.
You also need to be prepared to be asked your age, as many guilds will not accept younger players.

Be careful when looking for a guild to make sure it suits your needs, be aware that guilds are often prepared to help new players with information and sometimes physical in-game support but most do not offer support in terms of in-game maney, nor do they appreciate being pestered continually for direct assistance in levelling unless there are other characters of a similar level.
When you do join a guild make sure you understand their in game ethics and guild rules.

Gidrea
08.14.2012 , 12:33 PM | #6
Go to the Server Group Forum, find your server, and then go to the Guild Recruitment forum. You might see something you like. or you can post a "Looking for Guild" thread.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Sweetpeä / Randava / Lexä - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!