Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lots and lots of crashes (Report included)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lots and lots of crashes (Report included)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

battlebabies
08.13.2012 , 01:56 PM | #1
So I have a brand new computer.....i get on swtor....2 minutes later CRASH...log back on....CRASH....CRASH....CRASH

I can maybe get a max of 20-30 minutes playtime tops. Here is the latest crash info.

Spoiler

Beesodd
08.13.2012 , 02:09 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the information, battlebabies.

Can you please navigate to the game folder, and within that to swtor>retailclient. In there, amongst other files, you should find a RemoteRenderer.dll file. Please delete this, and then log into your launcher. Before pressing play, please click on the cog icon, and choose to run the Repair function.

If the issue still persists, please post up a copy of your DxDiag, it may shed more light on the situation.

Also, can you check if you still experience this if you play the game with "Very Low" graphics presets, in windowed mode?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

battlebabies
08.13.2012 , 02:36 PM | #3
Already did the .dll deletion and the repair.....that did nothing....

I can play in Very Low windowed with no crashes but what's the point of having this $1500 comp if i can't use very high quality....

Here is my DxDiag

Spoiler

Trimethicon
08.13.2012 , 02:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks for the information, battlebabies.

Can you please navigate to the game folder, and within that to swtor>retailclient. In there, amongst other files, you should find a RemoteRenderer.dll file. Please delete this, and then log into your launcher. Before pressing play, please click on the cog icon, and choose to run the Repair function.

If the issue still persists, please post up a copy of your DxDiag, it may shed more light on the situation.

Also, can you check if you still experience this if you play the game with "Very Low" graphics presets, in windowed mode?

Thanks.
Does Windowed Mode help? I was playing in Windowed Mode, I'm crashing too, and I didn't have any problems from what I can remember, but when I ALT+TAB out of the game, then back in my mouse cursor in-game disappears, I need to hit the screen again with a mouse-click for it to show up. I find it annoying, so I disabled Window Mode and went back to Fullscreen.
<The Obsidian Guard>
www.TheOlderGamers.com

battlebabies
08.13.2012 , 02:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Trimethicon View Post
Does Windowed Mode help? I was playing in Windowed Mode, I'm crashing too, and I didn't have any problems from what I can remember, but when I ALT+TAB out of the game, then back in my mouse cursor in-game disappears, I need to hit the screen again with a mouse-click for it to show up. I find it annoying, so I disabled Window Mode and went back to Fullscreen.
Yea regardless if I'm in fullscreen, or windowed mode, fullscreen windowed mode.....Still crashes....All the time.

Beesodd
08.13.2012 , 03:00 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the further information, battlebabies.

Can you try slowly increasing the graphics presets until you have an issue with the crashing again, and note the failure point?

Also, it may be worth checking that the system temperature isn't rising too high as you do this, in case there's an issue with cooling.

Trimethicon, it can be useful in troubleshooting, certainly. Give it a try with your issue to see if it helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.