Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Esseles crew *Minor spoilers*

Lium
08.13.2012 , 09:02 AM | #1
Just curious, does anyone ever choose to save the crew behind that force field thing? Seems like every group I get the guy or gal that wins the roll always chooses to space them. Admittedly, I haven't run Esseles all that much, but the times I have I've never seen them saved.

For the record, I always choose to save them. I get my LS points but the obviously the crew members die anyway. As a twist, I always seem to win the final roll in the FP when you get to choose to either leave the ambassador behind or take her with you. It usually pisses all the dark siders off.

ShawnSixtyTwo
08.13.2012 , 10:12 AM | #2
Heh, I've actually never had anyone choose to space 'em... at least not anyone that won the roll.

Also, on the last conversation before getting back on the shuttle, you should always choose the neutral option first - "we need to talk" or something like that - THEN choose light/dark side in the next response that pops. Otherwise you're shutting the darksiders out of gaining DS points if you win. Then they won't be so pissed and you still get just as many LS points as you would have.
-= The Sinistral Legacy on The Harbinger =-
Raphus - 50 Sentinel Desperot - 50 Scoundrel Verticalis - 50 Commando
Malivore - 50 Assassin Scoloa - 50 Sniper Dendro - Powertech

LarryRow
08.13.2012 , 11:15 AM | #3
After the first boss fight you talk to the Mon Calamari again. During the conversation I will ask in party chat if anyone is Dark Side. If someone says yes, I say "Let's let the LS/DS choice time out for the engineers."

This ensures the DS choice wins and saves some time running around.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Lium
08.13.2012 , 11:28 AM | #4
That makes sense, I never thought of that. People choose the DS option to speed the encounter up. That explains it.

Raltar
08.13.2012 , 12:39 PM | #5
I would never choose dark side, but I will let it time out to save time since going light side adds a lot of unnecessary fighting making the flashpoint take longer than it should. Of course, this is hard mode only, I always pick light when doing it at level 10 because you get a different title upon completion of the flashpoint depending on which option wins and I don't think you can go back and get the other title(but I'm not 100% sure on that one).

Fossman
08.14.2012 , 04:03 AM | #6
Funny everytime ive ran it people choose LS options.

LieutenantCole
08.14.2012 , 04:18 AM | #7
On both my Trooper and Jedi Knight, I chose to save the engineers, and because of Asara's attitude as a selfish politician (FYI, both characters hate politicians like that), I decided to try to leave her aboard the Imperial ship.

Didn't win the roll on both characters, unfortunately. Not a fan of being good/evil just for the sake of points on both the Republic and Empire, I find the game to be more meaningful when you make a concious decision on how you feel about something/someone when it comes to moral choices.

Lightning_
08.14.2012 , 05:35 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LieutenantCole View Post
On both my Trooper and Jedi Knight, I chose to save the engineers, and because of Asara's attitude as a selfish politician (FYI, both characters hate politicians like that), I decided to try to leave her aboard the Imperial ship.
Yeah, Asara is a sleemo. First she's an oh-so-perfect angel helping people, then lets space some engineers, then an angel again. And I'm quite sure she behaves like that all the time, not only in this encounter.

JattaGin
08.14.2012 , 07:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Just curious, does anyone ever choose to save the crew behind that force field thing? Seems like every group I get the guy or gal that wins the roll always chooses to space them. Admittedly, I haven't run Esseles all that much, but the times I have I've never seen them saved.
I don't know how often I played Esselles with my 4 rep chars, maybe the amount has three digits. And only ONCE did I encounter the crew flying into space. And that was when I myself chose the dark side option for a reason I do not remember. So basically my experience is that 99/100 tries the crew is saved.

Vegabond
08.14.2012 , 08:28 AM | #10
Space em, saves time when doing speed runs or HM.