Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Guardian Mods

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Guardian Mods

MasterWook
08.13.2012 , 06:46 AM | #1
I am trying to craft good mods for a tank ie Guardian Mods, but I see that they are not available for a cybertech. Is there any that I can RE to gain the schematic? I also looked on the GTN and found no schematics. Just wondering where I go to find/build Guardian Mods. I know they exist because I have on in a piece of Armor my Tank is wearing. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

P.S. Should I be putting strength mods in for my gear for now?...even though I want him to be a heavy damage sponge....?

Cleet_Xia
08.13.2012 , 07:26 AM | #2
Yes- use the strength mods. paterns for guardian mods become available later. The lowest is is a Guardian Mod 14, I think. And those are usable by a level 33 character.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

MasterWook
08.13.2012 , 10:04 AM | #3
Ok and now that's where I'm confused, I'm level 45, my cyber tech is 400 and no Guardian Mods are available. I do have access to Guardian ARMOR, but no mods. What gives? Am I bugged??

KrayvenVolcanus
08.13.2012 , 10:28 AM | #4
I'm sure you have already tried this, but it might be a good idea to double check with the skill trainer on the fleet. It is possible to level up your crafting skill, and still miss out on different pieces as they become available. Also, maybe you have one of the filters on the actual crew skill vendor turned off. Double check that you can view "all available." I hope this helps.
Qwel'draken - Guardian/Tank
Krul'draken - Sorcerer/Heals

Darieon
08.13.2012 , 10:34 AM | #5
I believe you are right on Cybertechs not having any Guardian Mods (or any tank mods for the matter). There are Tank Armoring schematics. If anything, your best bet is to just purchase the mods with planetary commendations. They are only 2 commendations per MOD (whereas hilts, barrels, and armorings are 7).

Just spend a little while doing quests and you should be able to afford putting tank mods in whatever gear you can modify.
Darieon Skyward- Jedi Guardian Damieon Skyward- Sith Marauder

MasterWook
08.13.2012 , 10:39 AM | #6
Yes I have checked with the trainer I am sure they are not available. Can we be 100% certain Guardian Mods Are a Cybertech item available for crafting. Also as far as Planet commendations there are no guardian mods available there. They are all deft or might or other various mods. No guardian.

Darieon
08.13.2012 , 10:57 AM | #7
You are right. I just checked.

Guess they just made it simple in the leveling stages. For defensive stats, enhancements is what you use. :P Mods are for your power. *shrug*
Darieon Skyward- Jedi Guardian Damieon Skyward- Sith Marauder

MasterWook
08.13.2012 , 11:22 AM | #8
I suppose so, however, the thing that still bugs me is that I know Guardian Mods Exist, because I have one! Its a level Guardian Mod 16. Its blue. And I checked on the GTN and there were two Guardian Mod 15 that were purple. I am just confused because they must have been item drops, thats the only thing I can figure....

KrayvenVolcanus
08.13.2012 , 12:23 PM | #9
Hmm. That's really surprising to me. I'm also a 400 cybertech and I have never noticed that they were missing. I suppose that there would be a considerable market for them on the GTN. I will also be looking into this. Hopefully, I can find a few to RE.
Qwel'draken - Guardian/Tank
Krul'draken - Sorcerer/Heals

MasterWook
08.13.2012 , 01:11 PM | #10
Awesome please share what ya figure out I'll be doing the same. Btw, as a guardian may I ask what you used in place of guardian mods?