Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Thousand Papercuts

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jandoon
08.16.2012 , 04:49 PM | #101
This is actually more of a bug I guess, but in the stasis chamber republic H2 on Belsavis, your companion refuses to enter the area with the champion as if the force field was still up. This means you have to pull the champion back, annoyingly after he harpoons you back and slams you into the floor. But then his two adds will freak out and run into the walls on the sides. Gets on my nerves either way.

Jandoon
08.16.2012 , 04:53 PM | #102
Also that splash screen in between loading screens that was added a few patches after release. What's the point of that one? It was working well without it.

Owsley
08.16.2012 , 04:59 PM | #103
After 1.2 the companions with lightsabers keep then out all the time instead of sheathing them when out of combat. This has created lighsaber blade artifacts in the cut scenes. This is visually distracting and very annoying.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Winguardian
08.16.2012 , 05:00 PM | #104
Legacy
  • Reward high legacy players with cosmetic/utility rewards that increases incentive to level up alts / do dailies / play the game in general - the thing you want to achieve. There's people that are completionists that you will incentivise to play your game more.
  • Legacy storage: this is such a fundamental of an MMO for me and it curcumvents the tedious use of the mail system to transfer stuff across you and your alts.
  • Legacy quests: small quests (with repeat value - in the form of random good rewards and giving the quests rewards that suit how well you did to complete it, like how many side-quests you completed) that strengthen your legacy bounds.
  • Don't cap legacy at 50. Let people continue to use this as a way to warrant questing and logging into SWTOR. Again reward players that do invest in it.

Guilds
  • Flesh out your guild system, one of the main things that keeps people playing is having an active community that supports the game. Just look at how other games do this it's not hard to find ways to improve it. It's so lacking in features at the moment it's almost laughable.

Content
  • Don't invest in amount of content, invest in the replay-value of content at endgame. PvP is popular, add new warzones, add a Guild Wars 2 esque open world PvP with epic full scale battles that are over strategic points (resources, spawnpoints, whatever). Open world PvP that has PERSISTENT effects on the world around you, and that influence gameplay in a dramatic way so guilds have to be on their toes at all times. Key aspect in here is to reward teamplay and strategic choices, not only indivdual player skill.

PVP
  • Three words: Cross. Server. Warzones. I can't stress enough how this would alleviate so much problems with ranked warzones.

Cheating
  • Active team (as in in-game active) that punishes cheaters and interacts with community in game.

Acorns_Malfurion
08.16.2012 , 05:10 PM | #105
Is it cool to add a -check box- that will enable/disable cutscene clips that loads up during Novare coast and Voidstar?

Jandoon
08.16.2012 , 05:13 PM | #106
Not sure if it's just me, but black screens holding up the start of conversations with NPCs by a few seconds have started to occur pretty frequently. "Space bar ffs!" they tell me, but it's not my fault!

DarthVitrial
08.16.2012 , 05:29 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandoon View Post
Not sure if it's just me, but black screens holding up the start of conversations with NPCs by a few seconds have started to occur pretty frequently. "Space bar ffs!" they tell me, but it's not my fault!

It's not just you. Worst part is, if you hit spacebar right as the black screen appears, the black screen gets stuck and you have to press esc and restart the conversation.

iamthehoyden
08.16.2012 , 05:46 PM | #108
There are a lot of good suggestions here; I'll most likely repeat a few. I'll throw out some small things and then a larger one.

Small stuff (ow, it stings):
  • "You're in an instance" errors when on your ship.
    Being on your ship shouldn't be an obstacle when trying to put together an op group.
  • LFG should put you back where it got you from.
    With the loading screens as slow as they are (and as many as there are) it is very inconvienent to have to travel back from wherever you got dumped post LFG.
  • The floating lightsabers in cutscenes.
    Occasionally in some very awkward positions.
  • Companions who can't put away their weapons.
    Suggestion: Give us a weapon on/off switch for them. Even if you can't fix the bug that causes them to have their weapons out outside of combat, then we could at least do it manually if it bugs us.
  • Post-group having to reset my UI because it has shifted my companion ability bar behind their portrait.
    We can shift our UI around but automated movements like that don't play nice.
  • RESETTING MY CAMERA.
    After every cut scene, every speeder ride, every scene change, every loading screen.... ..... .....
  • Companions never change canned responses.
    After I've maxed (and possibly married) a companion, shouldn't they say different stuff to me?
  • Skimpy gear (otherwise known as, I'd like some options please)
    Female versions of gear is often skimpier. I'd like two things done about this. 1) Give females the option to also wear a full-coverage version and 2) Give males the option of wearing skimpier gear.
  • Can't sit on chairs.
    You have chairs and benches and couches all over the place. You have sittable chairs on our ship bridges. You have a sit animation which we use when we sit on said sittable chairs on our ship bridge. Why is this not already in game?
  • Come hither sitting pose.
    Could we maybe have a pose that wasn't quite so....yeah.
  • Placement bugs.
    I can't count the number of times a mob has slid across the floor to a new spot once I've engaged it in combat. Not only is this incredibly annoying, immersion breaking, and just plain stupid looking, it also causes problems for pulling a mob if it's actually closer to another group than you thought.
  • Bosses out of phase bugs.
    A couple bosses, like Soa, seem to run around below the floor or out of phase of the instance to some players (myself included) on occasion. Every response to a bug ticket is we're forwarding this to the development team, but no fixes have worked.
  • More LI options.
    Females only have one heterosexual LI option. Most males only have one as well. More LIs so we have choice should be implemented, and people who want SGRAs should have them.

Big stuff (I'm bleeding out here...)
End of story feels like the end of the story.
Suggestion: Please don't neglect story in your updates. Provide small things (like letters, small branching conversation quests with companions, exploration dailies that send us to odd little spots, class specific dailies, minigames, etc.) over time. Trickle them out on a regular basis so that we continue to see our story progress, even in little ways, while waiting for the next Act to begin. Otherwise, like intermission, we will get out of our chairs and go do something else.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Hett
08.16.2012 , 05:46 PM | #109
As for unused commendations, I want to add I'd like to see a line disappear when the total for that currency is 0, as the list is somewhat cumbersome.

more on the same if the currency tab could remember what i collapsed would be great, as a pvp player myself i find boring to have to collapse the planet commendation list each time i check my pvp commendation count

Omisri
08.16.2012 , 05:48 PM | #110
Develope more content that rewards the community. something to fight for. Whether world pvp controlled sectors or guild ships. something you can give the community and say "here ya go, have fun see what you can do" rather than the rinse and repeat ops, fp's and wz's. The feel like they contribute to nothing other than gear. The world wont change even if i complete LI HM 20 or 30 times, win in huttball 50 times. Let us control something, take away the chains
Kleck - Jugg Omisri - Maud Aeox - Assassin Meign - Sorc Idep - Stealthy Operative Jacke - Merc
SWTOR - No longer is it like the pain of a full bladder in your car on a long journey, relieved by a hidden service station. But the dissapointment you get when you find out you were not in a car - you were asleep, just wet yourself, and had to pay for new bedding.