Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The crappy Voidstar-rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The crappy Voidstar-rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xerain
08.13.2012 , 04:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Allison, please have Rob re-think the new fix for ties in Voidstar as well; as I don't think the "highest kills" is appropriate at all to determine a winner. (Your post on this here).

The fact is, it is entirely possible for BOTH team to have the same amount of kills (while that may be a rare occurence, it's still statistically possible), so what happens then? The fix needs to be something related to objectives, not a TDM form of addressing the winner. I sent you a PM about it, never responded, nor did you address the question I raised in that thread either.
And how often are both teams going to get the same exact amount of kills? You know how many void stars I've lost where we held them off at the first door just fine and then when attacking we wiped them over and over and over and the thing that screwed us on the plant was the door opening and them dumping out... Then the coin flip comes up and oh hey we lost even though my team got higher in ever score possible.

Pistols
08.13.2012 , 04:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
And how often are both teams going to get the same exact amount of kills?
Doesn't really matter how often it could happen, as long as it's possible, the mechanic to decide a winner is flawed.

Not too mention, if TDM is the game changer, who do you think has the advantage? Yes, the team that defends first.

It's a terrible tie-breaker. Period.

iimagiicii
08.13.2012 , 06:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Henu View Post
Let us talk to this guy, how can someone sit there and say its working as intended? less comms for winning is wrong, ive had a guild mate on a LOOSING side get more than me on the winning side.
Did you not read the whole thing? She says there is a bug where it doesn't work as intended. L2R
Jedi CovenantI Am Crysta!
Finally found out how SWTOR will get me laid.
All operations done pre 4.0 cause I'm cool like that.
<Republic Gentlemen><Rusty Resolve>
Twitch Stream

dejavy
08.13.2012 , 06:47 PM | #14
Bioware RESPONDED!? Holy cow!!! \/..(O_o)..\/

funkiestj
08.13.2012 , 07:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Doesn't really matter how often it could happen, as long as it's possible, the mechanic to decide a winner is flawed.

Not too mention, if TDM is the game changer, who do you think has the advantage? Yes, the team that defends first.

It's a terrible tie-breaker. Period.
Why not have a draw as a possible outcome in Voidstar? Lots of games have draws.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Pistols
08.13.2012 , 09:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Why not have a draw as a possible outcome in Voidstar? Lots of games have draws.
Yeah I'm fine with that as well, think I edited one of my posts to say as much.

Sadly, Allison left the thread once again to see this glaring issue.

Slurmez
08.13.2012 , 11:00 PM | #17
they way coms are thrown out for free now crying about losing a couple here and there is just silly

Henu
08.13.2012 , 11:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I brought up this issue with Voidstar rewards with Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer), and he let me know that the rewards in Voidstar are intended to be generated based on the performance of the team as compared to the enemy team. Holding out for as long as possible on defense and progressing forward on offense increases your performance score, and allowing the enemy to hold out or progress decreases your performance score. At the moment, there are some situations where those numbers are ignored when calculating rewards that may lead to a situation like you mentioned. This is a bug and we're working on a fix for deployment soon!
Ok firstly thanks for clearing my last question up but i do have 1 more for you and this is kind of important for the whole PVP community, Why does the Senior PvP Designer ' Rob Hinkle' not get involved with the PVP community? why isnt he here asking us what is what, PVP is the ONLY thing keeping a LOT of people in game atm but they are not going to stick around to play 4 maps. Im seeing lots o people leave coz they are bored with the state of PVP and lack of content, Rob get your butt on the forums and talk to us..
:sy_bountyhunter ::sy_bountyhunte r::sy_bountyhunt er::sy_bountyhun ter::sy_bountyhu nter::sy_bountyh unter::sy_bounty hunter::sy_bount yhunter::

Paultor
08.13.2012 , 11:53 PM | #19
As far as devs are reading this post I would like to highlight similar issuu but with experience. I'm personally leveling up on wz and I can see that in cases then our team are wining with a big advantage ( like 600/0 on civil war or 100/0 on NC ,etc) I receive much less experience ( it feels like 1/3 of max exp. per wz at my level). That force me in some cases to put much less forces to let the opposite team take over a bit.