Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Commarderie: an underreported aspect of PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Commarderie: an underreported aspect of PvP

SweetOldBob
08.12.2012 , 02:47 PM | #1
I've done more than my share of complainng about the jerks I run into while playing PvP, but what seems totally off the radar are the frequent moments of shared purpose, mutual respect and support, and so on.

Following many WZs I'm so hyped up on adrenaline and endorphins that I have to get up and walk around a bit. I'm ready to sit at a campfire with my PuG singing K-um Ba Yah, making S'mores and grinning from ear to ear. Or maybe trash a bar. Whatever, something fun.

Admittedly, that's usually after a very lop-sided or a very tight win, but still, there's a sense of some sort of connection and rapport with the team, and it's a kick.
Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

Obed, lvl 50 VR 83 Commando,
Dothan, lvl 50 VR 74 Sentinel

Himeji_Endless
08.12.2012 , 03:10 PM | #2
Its always rewarding when you get to pvp w/ other team player minded types that have experience and know their roles well. Or, if you're new or low level or undergeared, its nice when you listen and follow instructions from more experienced players. Sometimes doing the little things like calling out or holding a node / interrupting a cap while waiting for reinforcements makes all the difference.

I love it when i get guarded as a KC shadow too, so i can go crazy and just dps focus as usually im the one guarding and CC and node capping/defending.

JebusMcgee
08.12.2012 , 06:55 PM | #3
The most rewarding aspect of pvp is when you get a whisper following the match saying thanks or something along the lines of you were a huge help. I spend a vast majority of my time doing the thankless job of tanking and the times when I get a whisper from a healer thanking me for my work, it makes my day. I have actually started doing the same to the healer or other players who save the day. With all the b*tching the pvp community does and the negativity towards each other, its nice to have a simple thanks and appreciation.
Death is such a small impediment.