Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Palpatin and cloning

Aurbere
08.12.2012 , 05:49 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
That is true. Wasn't Palpatine's clones low lifespan a result of the Dark Side energies that his spirit contained?
The clones simply could not handle the amount of Dark energy that Palpatine possessed. Only his physical body, which had time to grow along with his power, could handle it. Palpatine obviously knew this would happen, because as I recall he had multiple clones.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Tuscad
08.12.2012 , 06:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The clones simply could not handle the amount of Dark energy that Palpatine possessed. Only his physical body, which had time to grow along with his power, could handle it. Palpatine obviously knew this would happen, because as I recall he had multiple clones.
and the only way to solve this was to possess the body of a strong force user and that is why he tried to possess the newly born Anakin Solo, correct?
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

Aurbere
08.12.2012 , 06:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tuscad View Post
and the only way to solve this was to possess the body of a strong force user and that is why he tried to possess the newly born Anakin Solo, correct?
Yes. The clones were insensitive to everything, including the Force. Had the clones been connected to the Force, Palpatine could have lived forever through his essence transfer ability. The only suitable host body would be a body that is Force sensitive. I think he was going after Anakin Solo was because any Jedi or Sith could have the will to fight him off or commit suicide to stop Palpatine, so a child was the perfect host. Especially a descendant of Anakin Skywalker, young Solo was perfect because he was strong in the Force even as a newborn.
Added Chapter 64 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus