Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Honoring Peter Cushing

Aurbere
08.11.2012 , 05:04 PM | #1
It is August 11th here in the USA. On this day in 1994, Peter Cushing died of prostate cancer. While Cushing starred in multiple succesful movies (including the 1958 film of Dracula and multiple films with Christopher Lee), Star wars fans know him as Grand Moff Tarkin. Cushing brought his own acting style to the character that made him one of the most memorable characters in Star Wars. So today we pay our respects to a great actor who helped make the Original Star Wars film a thing to remember.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Tuscad
08.11.2012 , 05:31 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It is August 11th here in the USA. On this day in 1994, Peter Cushing died of prostate cancer. While Cushing starred in multiple succesful movies (including the 1958 film of Dracula and multiple films with Christopher Lee), Star wars fans know him as Grand Moff Tarkin. Cushing brought his own acting style to the character that made him one of the most memorable characters in Star Wars. So today we pay our respects to a great actor who helped make the Original Star Wars film a thing to remember.
May he rest in peace, he was a great actor and his passing was a loss to Star Wars fans everywhere.
Date Joined: March 2009 - Date unsubbed: 9/18/2012
It's been real but the game just wasn't worth the sub for me anymore.
Star Wars: First Assault is an Xbox Live Arcade game: http://kotaku.com/5948064/um-whats-t...ox-live-arcade

bionamaster
08.11.2012 , 05:35 PM | #3
Thank you for your work, Mr. Cushing. May you rest in peace.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

ToEasy
08.11.2012 , 06:03 PM | #4
Thank you for your work in star wars and other films. Rest in peace.
"Jedi do not fight for peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading as slogans always are. Jedi fight for civilization, because only civilization creates peace. We fight for justice because justice is the fundamental bedrock of civilization: an unjust civilization is built upon sand. It does not long survive a storm." - Mace Windu

Mordegrus
08.12.2012 , 12:09 AM | #5
As he once said in a certain movie:
"The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station."

May he rest in peace.
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Karkais
08.12.2012 , 06:19 AM | #6
Tipping my helmet for one of, if not The most heartless movie villains of all time. May you find freedom in the force.

/em nod
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

Canino
08.12.2012 , 06:37 AM | #7
An amazing character and villain. It was a a death of part of all fans when he passed.

May you find freedom in the force. Rest in peace.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Maaruin
08.12.2012 , 06:41 AM | #8
You have embodied all what the Empire is about.

May you find freedom in the force now. Rest in peace.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall