Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't open.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Edwnn
11.02.2013 , 03:56 AM | #41
I am having issues with the launcher hanging on patch downloads. I have been happily playing the game since it started and have many characters topped out. I was away for a month and when I got back I expected I would have a bunch of patches to download.
I can login, but then it goes to "Downloading Main Assets..." with out a download bar. Then it says "Resuming Main Assets...". Then we go back to "Downloading Main Assets..." with a message "Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying... (310)". I do not have the ST in the lower left corner. I have had it at times with all the attempts to fix this problem over the last week and a half. I have reloaded the game from disc twice.
I have followed every instruction sent to me and some suggested in this form. Nothing helps.
I have run pathping and tracert which seem to time out when they get to Seattle. I am on a 30MB cable modem, so speed should not be a problem. I have sent all the files asked for to support, but never heard back as to what they saw or found. I was just told to come here for help.

ShaderGuy
11.02.2013 , 07:09 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by kanjiten View Post
... brand new MacBook Pro running BootCamp, ... launcher issue .... My previous MacBook Pro had no issues.
Thanks for posting, kanjiten. Nice to hear that someone else has the same issue as me. Hopefully we can get it resolved. What version of the bootcamp software are you running? I wonder if we downgrade to a previous version we can get it to work.

kanjiten
11.02.2013 , 04:09 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by ShaderGuy View Post
Thanks for posting, kanjiten. Nice to hear that someone else has the same issue as me. Hopefully we can get it resolved. What version of the bootcamp software are you running? I wonder if we downgrade to a previous version we can get it to work.
Absolutely! I believe it was BC 5, and the likelihood my other (2010) MBP is running BC 4 is pretty high. I too am curious if a downgrade would do the trick...

kanjiten
11.03.2013 , 10:47 PM | #44
Well, this is pretty frustrating. I can get the launcher to open once, it patches itself, then that's the end of it. From that point-onward, it's the quick outline of the launcher attempting to open, than an immediate crash...over and over. Nothing in this thread suggestion-wise seems to abate that cycle.

OwenBrooks
11.04.2013 , 01:14 AM | #45
There is an issue with the new MacBook Pros and it maybe related to the new version of Bootcamp (theory - untested as far as I know) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=692644&page=4

Styxian
11.09.2013 , 02:01 PM | #46
Any news on the crash info report I posted in this thread?

My platform is Windows 7, not MacBook Pro; so the problem in that other thread is apparently different from mine.

Mad_Munchkin
11.09.2013 , 09:03 PM | #47
I am having this issue on a new Dell Latitude 6430. Launcher.exe is executed, runs in Processes for about 30 seconds, then gone. No outline, no nothing. If I run the FixLauncher.exe or delete the Patch folder and file, I get the launcher window long enough to have it update ("launcher is being updated, please wait...") and then buh-bye.

The only time I ever got it to run was to totally uninstall and reinstall. Then it ran without a hitch until I exited.

I've read the entire thread and performed all the tricks, with no joy. I can get it to run on my Samsung Ultra fine (albiet abysmally slow and jerky). I talked to Ivan in Customer Support and he had not heard of this issue. Help!

OwenBrooks
11.09.2013 , 09:41 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Styxian View Post
Any news on the crash info report I posted in this thread?

My platform is Windows 7, not MacBook Pro; so the problem in that other thread is apparently different from mine.
Just to confirm you have run a clean start ? the error is unlikely to be in kernelbase.dll -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Styxian
11.10.2013 , 02:06 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Just to confirm you have run a clean start ? the error is unlikely to be in kernelbase.dll -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
I haven't tried msconfig-ed boot, but I did try to boot in Safe Networking mode as requested earlier, which I think is essentially the same. Didn't work.

OwenBrooks
11.10.2013 , 02:17 AM | #50
Can you do a search for libcef.dll file and specifically if one is located in the c:\windows\syswow64 folder, not sure if you have done this yet , so reposting it to confirm.

Is there any change if you go to the game folder itself and launch the launcher.exe from there, instead of by shortcut ?

Have you tried reinstalling .net 4, C++ 2010, do you have internet explorer installed ?