Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't open.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
10.28.2013 , 01:18 AM | #31
Have you tried the repair utility ? - http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...php?t=618396#2

Edit - I did see one user recently that was using chrome and had to return to its default configuration for the launcher to open.

ShaderGuy
10.28.2013 , 05:36 AM | #32
I did try the repair utility after I posted. No luck. I also tried running the launcher as the administrator. That wasn't it. This is a brand new machine, so I haven't installed Chrome yet.

OwenBrooks
10.28.2013 , 05:48 AM | #33
One other thing I saw in the past was if another libcef.dll was like in c:\windows\syswow64 it stopped the launcher running, but haven't seen that for a few months now.

ShaderGuy
10.28.2013 , 07:06 AM | #34
I do have one other copy of libcef.dll on my machine other than the one in the swtor directory. It's being used by Steam and it's in Steam's directory so I figured it was safe and there wouldn't be a conflict. I already looked for one in the syswow64 folder. When I didn't see it there, I did a full system search for it and only found one other copy in the Steam folder.

OwenBrooks
10.28.2013 , 07:17 AM | #35
Other versions are meant to be in there relevant game folder, so you are right that one should be good, it is only when they end up in a global file path it causes conflicts.

OwenBrooks
10.28.2013 , 07:23 AM | #36
I have seen this as a fix for some people in the past as well , worth a shot its easy to do

Windows key + R type cmd (press enter)

netsh winsock reset catalog (press enter) (reset winsock entries)
netsh int ip reset reset.log (press enter) (reset TCP/IP stack)

Edit - another easy test is create and try in a different windows administrator user account

ShaderGuy
10.28.2013 , 08:30 AM | #37
Tried resetting winsock entries and TCP/IP stack. No love. I had to run CMD as admin for it to work, but I'm still getting the same results. I'll try making a new admin account and see if that helps.

ShaderGuy
10.28.2013 , 09:11 AM | #38
Running the launcher from a new admin account didn't work either.

By the way, this is a new MacBook Pro that I'm running Windows on via BootCamp. Not sure if that makes any difference. I'm able to run other software and games on it, and I was able to run SWTOR on my previous MacBook Pro via Bootcamp without any issues.

Styxian
10.28.2013 , 09:32 AM | #39
- Don't have Chrome installed. Default browser is currently Firefox, tried chaning to IE temporarily = didn't help
- No libcef.dll in windows folder or subfolders
- Windows key + R type cmd ... doesn't work

Here's more detail on OS and hw config from dxdiag log, if needed:
Spoiler

kanjiten
11.01.2013 , 09:25 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ShaderGuy View Post
By the way, this is a new MacBook Pro that I'm running Windows on via BootCamp. Not sure if that makes any difference. I'm able to run other software and games on it, and I was able to run SWTOR on my previous MacBook Pro via Bootcamp without any issues.
This is effectively my exact issue as well. I just put SWTOR on my brand new MacBook Pro running BootCamp, and the launcher issue made itself present. My previous MacBook Pro had no issues. Must be something to that...