Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't open.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yayeezy
12.29.2012 , 09:08 AM | #11
Hello!
I may be late to this thread but I was having the same issue with the launcher after pressing play.
I edited/fixed the client settings file and was able to successfully run the game afterward.
The only difference was my files only contained the D3DFullScreen file.
Anyway, thanks again forum support!

Gavliaris
12.30.2012 , 04:39 AM | #12
I have the same problem but my launcher stops while installing the client it goes to 46% or 99% then nothing! is there a way to re download the client and install it from the start?

BrayloDelwynn
01.23.2013 , 05:35 PM | #13
Could you help me with mine everytime I click on it, it comes up with "swtor is already running. would you like the swtor launcher to close the existing process?" I click yes, click login comes up so I press yes and login and after that it freezes on the loading screen, does anyone know why this is happening?

OwenBrooks
01.23.2013 , 05:50 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BrayloDelwynn View Post
Could you help me with mine everytime I click on it, it comes up with "swtor is already running. would you like the swtor launcher to close the existing process?" I click yes, click login comes up so I press yes and login and after that it freezes on the loading screen, does anyone know why this is happening?
Try creating a new windows user, if the laucher loads, something in your old profile corrupted.

KrisNolan
04.04.2013 , 11:41 AM | #15
I have a similar problem. The launcher is slow to come up ( this started happening about a week ago ) and then I log in and the loading screen comes up; after a few seconds of loading a black screen appears and then the game just simply stops loading and it's like I clicked the close program button but I didn't...
Master Alzati Lacarno - Serving the Galactic Republic and the Lacarno Legends

Sosajoshua
04.04.2013 , 11:58 AM | #16
this problem needs to get fixed before Tuesday. I have not logged on since the patch went up and my launcher insta-closes on me with the "instances" window
<A Wretched Hive> Jedi Covenant Rhaegis, Madness Sorcerer / Youngdragon, Advanced Proto-tech / Kha'leesi, Engineering Sniper / Dragonbane, Vengence Juggernaut

Xplosivkiller
04.04.2013 , 12:05 PM | #17
Tried everything and still getting my problem, slightly different. Full story found here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619141

In a nutshell, launcher "fails to update host" and everything from deleting the patch file to redownloading the game doesnt work. Very frustrating as a paid sub that uses this game to unwind after a long day at work just to not even be able to get on for what seems like a simple update to what you can log-in with. Couldn't you guys just go back to the previous version until you test this patch more thoroughly and work all the major bugs out?

LordSilversouls
04.04.2013 , 12:35 PM | #18
Thi is so confusing

Balnazaar
04.08.2013 , 10:47 AM | #19
GALACTIC BUMP.

Only my game just stopped launching when I press the Play button- though NOW it DID start. But I bet I'll get it again. Deleted the cache file, and the entire settings folder, but not before preparing backups and putting those in. Fixed it, for now. Do try that, find that %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\ and copy the Settings Folder, save it as a backup somewhere, then delete the original, then just paste in the backup.

Chinny
04.08.2013 , 04:50 PM | #20
I'm having the same problem. I click play on the launcher and the loading screen comes up and then shuts down. I've tried everything that has been suggested and still no luck...
Darth Rivan // Sith Marauder