Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher won't open.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Balzeron
08.11.2012 , 04:59 PM | #1
Hi there, my launcher for the game seems to have stopped working.
When I open it, it just fails to do anything, when i have opened my task manager i see it in the processes tab momentarily, but it then dissapears for no apparent reason. I have looked at other threads and tried a lot of options but none seem to work for me. Please help ?

To summarize,

- my launcher.exe launchs only as a process and terminates itself after some time.
- i tried to launch it with literally no other processes running and it still gives the same result.
- i downloaded just fine on my laptop so it definitely isn't a network problem.
- from the resource monitor i was able to see that launcher.exe wasn't waiting on any resource, but was just terminating itself after some time.
- the launcher doesn't give an error when .dll files are missing except icudt.dll and/or libcef.dll.
- i really would like to play this game on my pc and not on my laptop so i am awaiting your help.

Sutii
08.11.2012 , 07:19 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Balzeron,

Please can you try deleting your DiskCacheArena file? In a default installation this can be found in the following locations:
  • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
  • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor
Please also go to the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Once this is complete, please run the FixLauncher.exe utility, which can be found in the same location, then please try to start the Launcher again.

Let us know how you get on.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Balzeron
08.12.2012 , 04:38 AM | #3
Hi there, I don't seem to have the first file mentioned, i believe this may be because i haven't fully installed the game yet due to being unable to open launcher (i redownloaded the game client yesterday). I have deleted the patch folder, ran the fixlauncher.exe and tried the launcher but it has again not worked.

Tirvaak
08.12.2012 , 04:51 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Balzeron,

Thanks for replying, I'd like you to go to the Windows Internet options (accessible from the control panel).

In the connections tab, click LAN settings. Uncheck 'Automatically detect settings'. Save this and attempt to run the launcher again.

Let me know if this allows the launcher to load.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Balzeron
08.12.2012 , 05:17 AM | #5
Hi there, it seems it was already unchecked so it hasn't seemed to work.
However i have checked this box and it appears it ahs worked, i'll reply again to make sure it is fully operational.

Tirvaak
08.12.2012 , 06:49 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Balzeron,

That's great to hear, I'm glad it has started for you. Please let me know how it goes and if there are any more problems I will be happy to try and help.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Balzeron
08.12.2012 , 01:07 PM | #7
It seems that, after working once, i closed the game then tried it again, it has seemingly stopped working again, i'm not sure what is up with it as i haven't changed anything.

Sutii
08.12.2012 , 07:15 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello again Balzeron,

Could you specify what happens when you attempt to run the game please. Are you encountering issues with the Launcher? Or are you encountering issues after logging in and clicking on Play?

Thanks.

jatairways
11.17.2012 , 02:12 PM | #9
This is really ridiculous. A lot of people are having problems with the SWTOR launcher, me included.

Code:
2012-11-17 22:21:11 INFO   User pressed play (retailclient,en-us,swtor)
2012-11-17 22:21:12 INFO   Game successfully launched: E:\Games\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
2012-11-17 22:21:12 INFO   Transmitting log before close
2012-11-17 22:21:13 INFO   Closed launcher
I was playing this game before, and now, after a few months - launcher just starts and closes itself, with nothing happening in between (like the OP said in his 1st post). Tried all the suggestions on this page - nothing worked.

You really should fix this issue, otherwise no wonder you people won't get new players.

Disappointing start for me, definitely! (if this can be called 'a start' at all, since I never logged in).....

Sutii
11.17.2012 , 04:57 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello jatairways,

Could I request that you please try the following:
  1. Please ensure the client is closed.
  2. Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time. (The [Windows] key is the key with the Windows icon on it)
  3. Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\SWTOR\swtor\
  4. Open the settings folder and then open the client_settings.ini file
  5. Ensure the following are displayed within, or edit/add if so required:
    • Fullscreen = false
    • D3DFullScreen = false
    • RefreshRate = 60
  6. Save and close the file.
  7. Start the game as normal.
  8. Change graphic settings within the game as desired.
Please let us know how you get on.