Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

powertech dps

DarthSabreth
08.10.2012 , 11:36 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vespassian View Post
PT/Vanguard needs their burst to cost more in their resource pool in my opinion... very spam-y high burst move, included with a class that can pull and slow.
I agree.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Slurmez
08.11.2012 , 05:51 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Vespassian View Post
PT/Vanguard needs their burst to cost more in their resource pool in my opinion... very spam-y high burst move, included with a class that can pull and slow.
actually not, i broke out my old, old, old iron fist vanguard and dropped in the fotm spec and yes its huge damage but its random, when the numbers line up its crazy overpowered but when they dont its just another class to fight, unlike marauders/sentinels which are over the top all the time.

Pyro/assault has horrible resource management, changing that would break the spec entirely for pve and as a result will never make it to pvp. The "spammy" move will cap out heat incredibly quickly, pvp and pve

I wouldnt have an issue with having the top end damage clamp lowered

NoTomorrow
08.11.2012 , 07:34 AM | #13
Railshot is a ranged attack, if you have anything that makes ranged miss, use it. The bomb is uncleansable,but ut gives you plenty of warning to use sone mitigation tools.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Zunayson
08.11.2012 , 07:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AllanGand View Post
it's the rail shot that destroys you. The dots for pyrotech are more or less the cherry on top of the cake.
A good 20-30% of their damage comes directly from DoTs in a longer fight, seeing as they can only rail shot every 6 seconds.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

NoTomorrow
08.11.2012 , 08:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
A good 20-30% of their damage comes directly from DoTs in a longer fight, seeing as they can only rail shot every 6 seconds.
Of course. The funny thing is how a dot spec happened to have a very good burst. Smipers cannot even imagine smth like that with lethality.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

DarthSabreth
08.11.2012 , 10:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
That is what i thought as well, most of my health is lost when they run circles around me spraying me with fire. No other class can drop my health that fast on a consistant basis.

darthsasha
08.11.2012 , 11:27 AM | #17
Yes , powertechs/vanguards is the new "tracer missile" spam class where tracer missile is instant. The pyro/assault tree is very boring to play though.

Their damage in pvp is insane and ruins all enjoyment in pvp when you meat a bunch of them in same wz. I saw how 2 powertechs bursted in 6 sec a war hero geared shadow tank healboted by commando.

The funny part is that vanguards/powertechs has been like this since release but not many people rolled them.

DarthSabreth
08.11.2012 , 11:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by darthsasha View Post
Yes , powertechs/vanguards is the new "tracer missile" spam class where tracer missile is instant. The pyro/assault tree is very boring to play though.

Their damage in pvp is insane and ruins all enjoyment in pvp when you meat a bunch of them in same wz. I saw how 2 powertechs bursted in 6 sec a war hero geared shadow tank healboted by commando.

The funny part is that vanguards/powertechs has been like this since release but not many people rolled them.
I agree, i do not think that it requires alot of skill to run in circles around a player and after a few moments he/she is dead. either the expertise is not protecting well against their dots or their burst is too high. i think that its the expertise that is flawed here and does not protect against the fire.
when ever i approach a fight with any other class i take damage at a constant rate, when ever i aproach a fight with a powertech my health drops very rapidly, no other class can do that kind of burst damage. Its almost getting to the point that every match i get into there is about 3 or 4 powertech running the show, 2 people will be fighting each other witling eachothers health down, then along comes 2 or 3 powertechs running in circles around each player taking them down fast.

foxmob
08.11.2012 , 11:45 AM | #19

commando heals are pretty slow and very dependent on rng/crit. it can be frustrating as hell to lose a guy before you can get off two casts (2 instants would have been cast also, so you're talking about 3-4 gcds).
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

Zunayson
08.11.2012 , 12:26 PM | #20

Technically, AP spec spams a move to stack up to five times and then nuke. Except that nuke is Aoe and channeled!

P.s. Sniper burst is in Lethality is basically like two equally geared pyrotechs fighting each other.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box