Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those against F2P...

APhantasm
08.13.2012 , 03:26 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnight View Post
The long and the short of it is that people don't like change, feel that because they paid for past benefits everyone should continue to have to pay for it, and trolls are quick to hop on the waaambulance bandwagon to entertain themselves on the forums while at work during the day.

Edit: 2 free months? Was that special to your region? I definitely only got 1 free month and my 6 month sub lapsed...I've since renewed.
If you've been here since Launch you should have gotten the free trial. Also you should have gotten a free month for having a level 50, this was handed out several months ago.

The only reason your 6 month would have ran out before now is if you did not have a level 50 when they handed out the free 30 days.

Gungan
08.13.2012 , 03:29 PM | #122
I tried LOTRO after F2P. I couldn't stand that constant attempts at upselling of turbine points, or crafting stuff. It was persistent. If you can do it in the game, you can pay to do it faster in the cash shop. I tried others that were F2P to start, and every possible convenience required either days of grinding, or real money.

That is why.

Soluss
08.13.2012 , 04:11 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Jnight View Post
The long and the short of it is that people don't like change, feel that because they paid for past benefits everyone should continue to have to pay for it, and trolls are quick to hop on the waaambulance bandwagon to entertain themselves on the forums while at work during the day.

Edit: 2 free months? Was that special to your region? I definitely only got 1 free month and my 6 month sub lapsed...I've since renewed.
I dunno if it was only in my region. What I can tell you is that we got the first 30 days free from the box and we got a second 30 days free for subscribing and having a level 50 (or something like that ) from the devs. I believe they did it to pad numbers for the first conference call.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."