Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Afterimages

irishfino
11.18.2012 , 11:14 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post

Thaera will have to deal with trying to stay hidden from the many, many people who want her dead, including several of the readers.
And other characters.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Soteirian
11.18.2012 , 01:41 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!
^ that!

Adwynyth
11.19.2012 , 01:50 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Soteirian View Post
^ that!
And ^ that.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Earthmama
11.19.2012 , 01:58 PM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
Thank you all so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It's been an adventure, that's for sure.

So that's the end of A'tro's story. She's come a long way since the first chapter, even if only in my mind. This is not the last you'll be seeing of her, though--there are alternate universes, short fic pieces... The possibilities are endless. In a sense, her story has really only just begun. And there I go trying to sound all profound...

Nox still has a long journey ahead before she can find any kind of closure, as she seeks to discover the nature of the programming in her brain and free herself from its effects. Her continuing adventures in this area will be covered in a sequel, if and when I get around to writing one... I'm taking a break from longfic for the next few weeks, but I think that there needs to be more Nox. Because Nox is awesome.

Thaera will have to deal with trying to stay hidden from the many, many people who want her dead, including several of the readers. She also has her usual issues of guilt over her several very bad decisions. She may appear in the sequel. I haven't decided yet. Heck, I haven't even really decided if I want to do a sequel!

...I mean, I probably will. But I don't want to confirm anything just yet.

Also, some of you might be wondering: Who won, Jadus or the Emperor?

That, my friends, I am not going to say.
I love Thaera, personally, I really adore her struggle, or maybe I just love torturing Chiss agents, I don't know. Certainly no hate here, I look forward to more of her story. (when you get around to it)

MilaniGrey
11.28.2012 , 10:15 AM | #315
I felt the urge to bump this. Because I can.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

darksidechemist
11.29.2012 , 11:50 PM | #316
I hadn't seen any updates recently, so I just now caught up with the last few pages (thanks for the bump!).

Bravo, milady! Very well done! Looking forward to reading more.

Vesaniae
12.25.2012 , 08:57 PM | #317
First, thank you all for your feedback. It's wonderful to see what people thought of my little story! I am not going to give any kind of timeframe because I really have no idea, but I am brainstorming for the sequel. Yes, there's going to be a sequel. Rejoice.

And now, the reason for my post! Aside from blatant, unabashed self-promotion, of course. You see, over the course of writing "Afterimages," things didn't always quite turn out the way I wanted them. Some scenes underwent heavy revision, and others were cut entirely. I plan on making a series of posts showcasing some of these scenes. Isn't bonus material wonderful?

To begin, we have my original version of the prologue. It's completely different from the present version, and is, like many of the scenes I will be posting, unfinished. I seem to have a tendency to give up on scenes right when they get to the interesting parts.

Anyway, here it is.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
12.25.2012 , 09:01 PM | #318
Om nom nom.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

MilaniGrey
12.25.2012 , 09:02 PM | #319
You ninja-poster, you!
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
12.26.2012 , 05:46 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
You ninja-poster, you!
Who, me?

Now, for our next bonus material, here is the first version of Chapter Six. The original chapter may be found here, for comparing purposes.

The first part of this early version is pretty much the same as what I ended up posting, but the last bit was rewritten entirely. Behold:

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!