Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder Broken Since 9 August Maintenance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Group Finder Broken Since 9 August Maintenance
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

belizar
08.13.2012 , 07:25 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by aurellian View Post
Ah the general forum strikes again! A bug is discovered by the players. A player posts about the bug on the general forums. (I can't know if said player actually submitted a ticket so we'll leave that elephant in the room alone) A Bioware employee responds in the general forum acknowledging the bug and informing those who read this thread that the team is aware of and working on a fix. The general forum IMMEDIATELY proceeds to lambaste all Bioware employees for "putting the bug out" instead of testing it. Seriously? We're accusing Bioware of bugging their own game now? How much sense does it make for them to already have the group finder in the game and working, then put out a patch to fix something completely unrelated to the group finder but at the same time create a bug specific to the group finder and install it in the game?
u must be new to swtor lol everytime they fix somthing they break somthing else lol o and the dev responce as a generic one Soon (tm), were looking into it, we are aware of the problem, insert any one these to any question and thats BW answer

aurellian
08.13.2012 , 09:02 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by belizar View Post
u must be new to swtor lol everytime they fix somthing they break somthing else lol o and the dev responce as a generic one Soon (tm), were looking into it, we are aware of the problem, insert any one these to any question and thats BW answer
I guess you'd prefer them to say something like "I'm sitting at my desk looking over the program right now attempting to figure out why the code is behaving in a manner that I didn't intend for it to behave in. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I will have it fixed in 25 minutes. If I don't have it fixed in 25 minutes, I will resign and send you my checks instead because I will have failed you, the gamer, and the only practical and suitable compensation for your trouble is for me to give you the money I was scheduled to earn." Would that be an acceptable response for you? Seriously, if they're working on it, they can't do anything else except tell you they're working on it.

TUXs
08.13.2012 , 09:13 AM | #23
I guess you'd prefer them to say something like "I'm sitting at my desk looking over the program right now attempting to figure out why the code is behaving in a manner that I didn't intend for it to behave in. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I will have it fixed in 25 minutes. If I don't have it fixed in 25 minutes, I will resign and send you my checks instead because I will have failed you, the gamer, and the only practical and suitable compensation for your trouble is for me to give you the money I was scheduled to earn." Would that be an acceptable response for you? Seriously, if they're working on it, they can't do anything else except tell you they're working on it.
Are you suggesting they have ONE person only working on this?! Only ONE employee there is capable of finding and fixing this?! Imagine if he went on vacation...we'd go weeks or months without any updates. With the team they have, they could fix it in under a day...they'd simply need to switch what people are working on.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

aurellian
08.13.2012 , 09:15 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Are you suggesting they have ONE person only working on this?! Only ONE employee there is capable of finding and fixing this?! Imagine if he went on vacation...we'd go weeks or months without any updates. With the team they have, they could fix it in under a day...they'd simply need to switch what people are working on.
That was your suggestion not mine. I do however notice that ONE employee response has condemned the ENTIRE Bioware staff according to this thread.

TUXs
08.13.2012 , 09:18 AM | #25
That was your suggestion not mine. I do however notice that ONE employee response has condemned the ENTIRE Bioware staff according to this thread.
Hmmm...you said "I" enough for it to not have been a mistake..."I" is singular.
Quote:
"I'm sitting at my desk looking over the program right now attempting to figure out why the code is behaving in a manner that I didn't intend for it to behave in. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I will have it fixed in 25 minutes. If I don't have it fixed in 25 minutes,I will resign and send you my checks instead because I will have failed you, the gamer, and the only practical and suitable compensation for your trouble is for me to give you the money I was scheduled to earn."
Again, there's no reason that this isn't fixed in a freaking DAY!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

aurellian
08.13.2012 , 09:28 AM | #26
Hmmm...you said "I" enough for it to not have been a mistake..."I" is singular.

Again, there's no reason that this isn't fixed in a freaking DAY!
Then perhaps Bioware should hire you to be on their maintenance team because you've clearly got it all figured out. And if you read my response, you'd notice that I ended it with the "they" pronoun indicating my hypothetical response should be directed at the entire team. I think they've done a good job fixing bugs so far. You think they have not. I guess we'll just disagree on this one.

MillionsKNives
08.13.2012 , 11:58 AM | #27
How many people DO you suggest should be working on it? More people != faster fixes.