Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder Broken Since 9 August Maintenance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Group Finder Broken Since 9 August Maintenance
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iimagiicii
08.11.2012 , 06:25 AM | #11
Easy fix guys.... Q up with everyone but your tank. You will get matched with each other and get the comms... real difficult

EDIT: You all act like it's such a terrible bug, honestly the worst bug that has come from a patch was ilum day(1), it's not the end of the world and this has been known since the patch went live and people reported in game which is the BEST way to report instead you people come on the general forums(wow) and report them hahaha.

(1)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqti3UGT1CI
Jedi Covenant
Cr'ysta / Crystä - Scoundrels <Republic Gentlemen>
Cry'sta - Operative <Rusty Resolve>
Gaar'a / Crısta - Mandos <Republic Gentlemen>

Find me on parsely
Twitch Stream

Bloodstealer
08.11.2012 , 10:21 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post
Easy fix guys.... Q up with everyone but your tank. You will get matched with each other and get the comms... real difficult

EDIT: You all act like it's such a terrible bug, honestly the worst bug that has come from a patch was ilum day(1), it's not the end of the world and this has been known since the patch went live and people reported in game which is the BEST way to report instead you people come on the general forums(wow) and report them hahaha.

Oooh who made you Forumgod!
Well considering the vast majority of tickets I and other I know of get auto replied by a droid with absolutely zero comprehension of the issue being noted or the tickets that get the standard "thank we will look into it but we wont respond to you" or worse just closed and disappear from your log... all meaning that the issues are left in game to fester longer and longerr... I think I prefer the OP's approach... but that's just me I guess, having read many of the completely of topic bordering ridiculous responses I've had...
Leader of The Misfits & Mercenaries Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

belizar
08.11.2012 , 10:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by iimagiicii View Post

its a bug at the end of the day. its 2012 things called testing it shouldnt have made it to live servers not even blizz is that dumb anymore and to get a copy and pasted anwser from the dev bravo

Raideag
08.11.2012 , 11:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
I can confirm this, happened to me last time our team of 4 queued up.
To my understanding, You will NEVER get any Black Hole comms queuing up with pre-made groups of four people. The comms is a reward only to be an incentive for people to use the LFG tool more. That means you can't specifically select a FP to get the comm rewards. You can't queue with more than 3 people and expect to get comms. The Tool was NEVER meant to work this way!!!!!

So summary:
1. It has to be RANDOM!!!!!!!!!
2. No Pre-Made groups HIGHER than 3 people!!!!!
You will get your comms everytime!

Everyone complaining they didn't get their comms just doesn't know or understand the specifics on how the RANDOM LFG is supposed to be used. Sometimes the stupidity of people just baffles me.
The Wampas Legacy - lvl 50 - Jedi Covenant
Genla (50) Ossktini (50) Aldius (50) Dodman (50) Senturi (50) Maffis (50)
Raideag (50) Osskto (50)

iimagiicii
08.11.2012 , 03:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by belizar View Post
its a bug at the end of the day. its 2012 things called testing it shouldnt have made it to live servers not even blizz is that dumb anymore and to get a copy and pasted anwser from the dev bravo
never said it wasn't a bug, but like I said that doesn't mean it needs to be posted in general discussion as they have bug report in game for a reason. It shouldn't have made it to live but it did and it's not a terrible game breaking bug which a lot of people seem to make it out to be.
Jedi Covenant
Cr'ysta / Crystä - Scoundrels <Republic Gentlemen>
Cry'sta - Operative <Rusty Resolve>
Gaar'a / Crısta - Mandos <Republic Gentlemen>

Find me on parsely
Twitch Stream

Anvil
08.11.2012 , 05:25 PM | #16
Thanks for the responce, I am relieved to see BW is aware of the issue and working on a fix. Such feedback makes the situation much more tolerable.

Cheers

Anvil
The Earthshaker Legacy - Dalborra
SWTOR won't truly represent the spirit of Star Wars until numerous iconic star wars non-human alien species are playable.

Anvil
08.11.2012 , 05:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Raideag View Post
To my understanding, You will NEVER get any Black Hole comms queuing up with pre-made groups of four people. The comms is a reward only to be an incentive for people to use the LFG tool more. That means you can't specifically select a FP to get the comm rewards. You can't queue with more than 3 people and expect to get comms. The Tool was NEVER meant to work this way!!!!!

So summary:

Everyone complaining they didn't get their comms just doesn't know or understand the specifics on how the RANDOM LFG is supposed to be used. Sometimes the stupidity of people just baffles me.
This wasn't the case before this week, you could queue up a team of four and still get comms. I did it numerous times without a hitch.
The Earthshaker Legacy - Dalborra
SWTOR won't truly represent the spirit of Star Wars until numerous iconic star wars non-human alien species are playable.

Clevelandboy
08.11.2012 , 06:00 PM | #18

So summary:

You are wrong. You can que up with a premade group of 4 as long as all the HM FP is selected and you will get black hole comms. Before the bug hit we did guild runs of HM Randoms, it is when you take the random out of the FP is when you get no coms and that means uncheck one of the HM FP

Xues
08.13.2012 , 03:56 AM | #19

So summary:

Actually couple days back me and a healer quesed up together and got 2 dps pugs. completed the whole FP, still no BH coms. We tryed with 3 people and 4 people , but its seems very ramdopm when we get the coms or not. and yes i did check that we hade the quest and all was ok.

aurellian
08.13.2012 , 05:49 AM | #20
Ah the general forum strikes again! A bug is discovered by the players. A player posts about the bug on the general forums. (I can't know if said player actually submitted a ticket so we'll leave that elephant in the room alone) A Bioware employee responds in the general forum acknowledging the bug and informing those who read this thread that the team is aware of and working on a fix. The general forum IMMEDIATELY proceeds to lambaste all Bioware employees for "putting the bug out" instead of testing it. Seriously? We're accusing Bioware of bugging their own game now? How much sense does it make for them to already have the group finder in the game and working, then put out a patch to fix something completely unrelated to the group finder but at the same time create a bug specific to the group finder and install it in the game?