Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More hotbars please

-Kitara-
08.10.2012 , 11:26 AM | #1
I'd like to suggest allowing us to have more than 4 hotbars please. I have a level 46 sentinel, and already I am well out of hotbar space. Counting just my jedi knight and sentinel abilities, I have at least 35 non-passive abilities (and that's not even counting all of them). So right there that's 3 full hotbars, and that's not even taking into consideration consumbables, pvp actions (huttball's throw ball), legacy (rocket boots, legacy class abilities, etc), travel options, etc. True, some of the things I have hotbarred are not used super frequently, but a number of them are situational where you have no time to go opening up a menu and searching for it, and others I just like the convenience of 1-button clickability.

You've done a wonderful job with giving us many tools to use in game so that the game doesn't boil down to a boring 4-button rotation. You've also given us some very nice social actions and items to use (party bomb anyone? repair droid?) with more likely to come (party jawa!). I'd just like to be able to have space to use these things on the fly without having to dig through a whole huge menu each time, and without gimping my combative setup. In addition, with the configurable UI, some people might also like more bars just so they can make more organized clusters - seperating out their abilities, such as a cluster for attacks, one for utility, one for consumables, one for social items/actions, one for travel options, etc.

I hope you'll give this some consideration. I know there are many people who say they've got enough room as is, and I am happy for them, but I also know there's a lot of people, myself included, who'd like the option to have more bars.

Heriana
08.10.2012 , 01:20 PM | #2
I'm having the same problem on my scoundrel. I'm level 43 and have used up all 4 hotbars completely. I don't understand why you can't just put 6 in the game?

Drudenfusz
08.10.2012 , 01:25 PM | #3
I also would like to have more hotbars.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

mourasantos
08.10.2012 , 01:28 PM | #4
please, no more hotbars. Ugh.

Drudenfusz
08.10.2012 , 01:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by mourasantos View Post
please, no more hotbars. Ugh.
You don't have to use them! See, it can be so easy, everybody wins, we get what we want and you can play hwo you like it.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

mourasantos
08.10.2012 , 01:42 PM | #6
the game's already complicated enough as far as I see it. The first time I watched a video of WOW on youtube I almost had a seizure, we should seek to stay away from that kind of affront to aesthetics.

Thoniei
08.10.2012 , 02:16 PM | #7
I think 4 hotbars is plenty to have on my UI. These just need to have more options to customize them. As they stand I have a lot of things mapped I don't need 90% of the time. What I would like to see is an option to hotkey things that are not in my hotbars. For example why must I add my mount to a hot bar to use a hotkey to mount. Sure I could dig through the menus to mount but who wants to that? Anything that is non combat such as pets, mounts, social items, etc should have their own optional keys so they don't clutter up my combat UI. I also really wish we could have one hotkey/quickbar set up for WZs, one for raiding, and another for solo questing. I don't need to use my heroic moment in a raid anymore than I need to throw the hutt ball while doing dailies yet I have both of these things visible at all times.

Alexi_son
08.10.2012 , 02:19 PM | #8
How about a different approach

Keep hotbars as-is, but overhaul the ability system (or allow triage macros) such that i do not require 4 full hotbars to play the game effectively.

Anvil
08.10.2012 , 03:24 PM | #9
More Hotbars, for goodness sakes we need them! If u dont like them then dont use them.
The Earthshaker Legacy - Dalborra
SWTOR won't truly represent the spirit of Star Wars until numerous iconic star wars non-human alien species are playable.

mithriltabby
08.10.2012 , 05:01 PM | #10
I would like a dynamic hotbar that pops up like the one for companion abilities. That would be the place to keep all the things that I don't need in combat: pets, companion dance, mail droid, etc.