Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR: Annihilation(New Novel)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
SWTOR: Annihilation(New Novel)

TKMaster
08.12.2012 , 10:09 PM | #11
GDamnit, howed i know this thread would turn into a Exile zealot thread?

Rayla_Felana
08.13.2012 , 02:54 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Omnitheo View Post
Drew was one of the lead writers behind KoTOR and largely responsible for the character and story of Darth Revan. On the other hand, he was not involved in KoTOR2, and did not create the Jedi Exile.

As he says, video games and books don't always translate well with eachother. You can blame him for making realistic believable characters instead of force charged demi-gods with infinite lives. But then again, I could blame every author who has ever mentioned Kyle Katarn and didn't have him loaded with 9 guns, and blasting balls of Force Destruction at people, or turning completely invisible.
Yes but book to book, is an entirely different scenario.

Rayla_Felana
08.13.2012 , 02:58 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TKMaster View Post
GDamnit, howed i know this thread would turn into a Exile zealot thread?
Yes, because bringing up the fact he has destroyed canon twice already (Darth bane and KotOR II), is completely unacceptable in a Drew Karpyshyn thread.

TKMaster
08.13.2012 , 07:57 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Yes, because bringing up the fact he has destroyed canon twice already (Darth bane and KotOR II), is completely unacceptable in a Drew Karpyshyn thread.
TBQH, your like a broken record at this point.

Daeus
08.13.2012 , 12:28 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Yes but book to book, is an entirely different scenario.
It's a source book however, not a novel. It's still a game, although not one of the video variety. I think his case still stands.

In my opinion, however, as a big fan of the exile and kotor 2, even if he had included things such as her force powers, it would not have significantly improved her portion of the story. She was in the book for the sake of tying together loose ends in the canon. I don't think it was done well, but I understand that was her purpose. It's Revan's book, and as important as she may be to his story, it's still his story.

It also doesn't destroy any canon. As bad as his summaries of kotor 2 were, they do not override its canon. If you read his blog posts on the issue you would know that.