Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newbie RE question

Scorus
12.19.2011 , 08:28 AM | #1
If I've reverse engineered a green item, say a Skill Mod 2, and gotten the improved blue item schematic, is there any use in reverse engineering more Skill Mod 2's in hopes of getting other schematics? Or is there just one new schematic possible from Skill Mod 2's and I should move on to reverse engineering something else?

Scorus

TheMadjai
12.19.2011 , 08:56 AM | #2
From the way I understand it, once you get the blue version of a green, there's no point in making more greens just to RE. Make the blues and RE them.

Suzina
12.19.2011 , 09:14 AM | #3
Yes, RE'ing the "blue" version does have a purpose.

1. You could learn the "purple" version.
2. You get a tiny bit of materials back

However, there's not much use in REing the purple one because you can't learn anything from it.
Member of Bane Fleet

HarvardAce
12.19.2011 , 09:19 AM | #4
It depends on what you are REing. Mods, as far as I have seen, have only one blue version of a green. Weapons and armor, however, can have more than one blue for each green.

As a cybertech crafter like myself, the mods I make have only had one blue for each green (and one purple for each blue). For the earpieces I can make, however, each green has 3 different blue versions: one with +crit, one with +power, and one with +defense. I haven't seen if the blues then each have another branch of purples, or if all the different blues have one purple version (i.e. one purple for each green, so REing a purple out of any of the 3 blues would give the same purple).