Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs/Mods please let us know if the secret space project is still in development

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Devs/Mods please let us know if the secret space project is still in development
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iggster
10.11.2012 , 12:51 PM | #111
I don't get the secrecy.. Just revealing what it is will do more good than harm. Are they worried EVE or STO will steal their idea, especially if they come out and say something like "the SPP will feature full 3D space combat similar to freelancer or galaxies".

Although I love the idea of entertaining space combat in this game. I'm not holding my breath, especially since so called WARzones are skirmishes between 16 people..

Aelther
12.28.2012 , 04:26 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
I don't get the secrecy.. Just revealing what it is will do more good than harm. Are they worried EVE or STO will steal their idea, especially if they come out and say something like "the SPP will feature full 3D space combat similar to freelancer or galaxies".

Although I love the idea of entertaining space combat in this game. I'm not holding my breath, especially since so called WARzones are skirmishes between 16 people..
Because let's say they will tell you something about it. Like oh you will get non-rail space pvp combat and you will be able to board enemy frigates blah blah blah, then you will expect these things. Then it will turn out that it's not working the way they wanted or something and they will scrap the idea, then everyone will complain how "BioWare is not keeping promises again". So they are not gonna say or promise anything about it until they are sure they can do it and to avoid useless whining on forums.

Sotof
12.28.2012 , 06:00 PM | #113
They'll keep you hanging until you quit.

Nemmar
12.28.2012 , 06:03 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post

If they say something, they will be acused of lieing and deceiving if they choose to change anything on the design or delay the release. Therefore we get nothing.

You can thank the whinners, they kicked the devs out of the forums (like the above poster ^^).

Vitellius
12.28.2012 , 06:12 PM | #115
At the last live chat this came up and they mentioned it is still in production and they even played with it. That tells me all I need to know. BW, DO NOT answer this question.
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. The safe bet is look for this sometime next fall. Until then, I wouldn't expect any new news.
"Smoke me a kipper...i'll be back for breakfast." -Ace Rimmer

RichT
12.28.2012 , 06:15 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I got some info from Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) about this for you! He says that the "super secret space project" is certainly not dead and is in development. Unfortunately, we're not ready to say much more than that about it. We do, though, have more space content coming in the near future, and will continue work on the "super secret space project!"

Thank you for digging into it for us Allison, glad to hear it's still alive and being worked on. Exciting indeed.

Suzina
12.28.2012 , 06:23 PM | #117
Just because Bioware says the "super secret space project" is in development doesn't mean it is.

Look back at the guild summit in spring of 2012, or at the numerous promises from the pre-launch era. The "SSSP" is one such project discussed back in 2011! There is no iteration of the word "soon" that could possibly involve a multiple year wait when you are billed monthly. There is also no iteration of the phrase "new gear" that can refer to armor sets available in beta that were removed just before launch.
Member of Bane Fleet

phill-fry
12.28.2012 , 07:02 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitellius View Post
At the last live chat this came up and they mentioned it is still in production and they even played with it. That tells me all I need to know. BW, DO NOT answer this question.
You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't. The safe bet is look for this sometime next fall. Until then, I wouldn't expect any new news.
+1 to that
"Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. "

WookieIsshe
12.28.2012 , 07:23 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitellius View Post
Exactly.. you will always get the detractors and whiners on the forums and the tin foil crowd. These are the people that are never satisfied and are always pessimistic no matter what is showed to them.

dogmaticus
12.28.2012 , 07:56 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by WookieIsshe View Post
Exactly.. you will always get the detractors and whiners on the forums and the tin foil crowd. These are the people that are never satisfied and are always pessimistic no matter what is showed to them.
Couldn't agree more!

I am excited for the SSSP (love the name btw ), and it's also great that we got reply from Allison - it seems like we are being heard after all. Keep up the good work!

I really hope for 2013 to be great for TOR and full of quality updates.