Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs/Mods please let us know if the secret space project is still in development

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Devs/Mods please let us know if the secret space project is still in development
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Riotus
08.10.2012 , 08:07 AM | #1
The super secret space project was announced before launch but we have had basically no info on it since then.

For all we know the project was scrapped. God i hope not this is the thread of hope alot of us players have been holding onto

Some new info on the SSSP would really give new hope to this game we really need some new info on this or at least just tell us its still being worked on. If you guys would simply put it out there im sure it would bring many players back in anticipation. Just let us know what it is!

I still have faith in you Bioware, im a biodrone till the end

Kourage
08.10.2012 , 08:11 AM | #2
I don't know about this announcement prior to launch you write about. Perhaps you have a link bookmarked someplace you would care to share?

If they announced they are working on something, then it's coming. They are pretty much against telling you they are working on anything that may not ever come.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

Riotus
08.10.2012 , 08:14 AM | #3
Let me see if i can find it. The first time i saw it was that letter from one of the devs the day the game went live and it had a bunch of what they want to accomplish like Illum, guild stuff, legacy and whatnot. Someone actually necroed it the other day let me see if i can find it.....

Kourage
08.10.2012 , 08:18 AM | #4
I can find a mention from 12/13/11
http://www.swtor.com/blog/what%E2%80...t-old-republic

They've been working on that for quite awhile and mentioned it again in July. They aren't going to scrap it.
Looking for a good woman. Able to clean, cook, sew, catch bait, and clean fish. Must have boat and motor.
((Please send picture of boat and motor))

belizar
08.10.2012 , 08:20 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Riotus View Post
The super secret space project was announced before launch
F2P was the secret project

Riotus
08.10.2012 , 08:22 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by belizar View Post
F2P was the secret project
No they specifically said its a space project that will completely change the space game. They said itll be totally diffrent from the space game we have today...

Id just like the devs to come out and say yea were still workin on it maybe throw us a bone and let us know a lil bit

Riotus
08.10.2012 , 08:23 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post

They've been working on that for quite awhile and mentioned it again in July. They aren't going to scrap it.
yea thats the post i was talking about. Im pretty sure thats the first mention of the SSSP

TUXs
08.10.2012 , 08:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kourage View Post

Hmmm...he said:
Quote:
Space Combat We will continue to add missions to the space game. We also have a special project going on right now that will expand space gameplay in a significant way... for now the details will have to remain under wraps.
That's the extra 10 missions coming with F2P and at the very best, maybe some type of multiplayer scenario or PvP style map. Don't get too excited...remember how they told us Illum would blow us away?!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Riotus
08.10.2012 , 08:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hmmm...he said:

That's the extra 10 missions coming with F2P and at the very best, maybe some type of multiplayer scenario or PvP style map. Don't get too excited...remember how they told us Illum would blow us away?!
Thats not the only mention of the SSSP. There are quotes out there stating that its a completely new play area or somthing like that.

Goretzu
08.10.2012 , 08:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Riotus View Post
No they specifically said its a space project that will completely change the space game. They said itll be totally diffrent from the space game we have today...
This is the thing...... THIS is "completely different" to what we have.

it's all so vague it could mean anything really.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1