Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code C7

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nattodaisuki
09.24.2012 , 04:29 AM | #31
Hello,

First person : Maaldor

Quote:
Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: NVIDIA

System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: MacBookPro7,1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
GeForce GT 330M: is a Middle Low-end video display adapter with 96 cuda cores.
Very light gaming on a native windows machine, however since this computer is using bootcamp on a Mac to emulate windows, the OS cannot take full advantage of the processor, thus equal to a very low-end = way below the minimum specs to play Swtor.

--------------
Second person: AvroraEno

Computer seems decent, however Video, Sound drivers are old.
Since these drivers are old, I also think that Windows itself hasn't been updated in a while as well.

Also,
Quote:
Drive: C:
Free Space: 8.4 GB
Total Space: 65.5 GB
Free space on your main drive going below 10 GB is kind of iffy, since you are using a 32bit OS and a page file of 5GB+.

If you were using a 64bit version of Windows 7, you could increase the system memory (ram) to around 8GB and turn off Page filing completely and it wouldn't matter how much free space you had left on your main drive.

--------------
Third person: IanMacIan

Quote:
Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
This is an Onboard display adapter which is way below minimum specs.

This computer was not meant to play Swtor.

--------------
Fourth person: swtrbh

Quote:
Card name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
Same situation as the 3rd person.
Display adapter is way below minimum specs.

These computer were meant for Internet browsing, e-mails, office work and very light gaming (like the old Nintendo style games)

--------------
Fifth person: Kagehitman

Quote:
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 530s

Chip type: Intel(r)Q33/Q35/G33 Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS
The Dell Inspiron 530s uses a Intel G33 Express display adapter, so this person is in the same boat as the 3rd and 4th person.

Even if you updated the video drivers, your computer does not meet the minimum requirements.

--------------
Sixth person: Viktorator

Quote:
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
In addition to not having windows updated to SP1, your video display adapter (although better than the people using the Intel G33 Express display adapter) still falls below the minimum requirements.

The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 is at the bottom end of that series launched in Jan 2009.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4000 series from Low to High

HD 4300
HD 4500
HD 4600
HD 4830/4860
HD 4850/4870

The HD 4500 is probably at the minimum specs.

Reference : AMD Official site: ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series

--------------
Seventh Person: Crudsymcgee

Quote:
System Manufacturer: Acer, inc.
System Model: TravelMate 3270
The Acer TravelMate 3270 uses a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300, which is a Mobile version of the Geforce 7300.

Since the Minimum requirements is a Geforce GT 7800 or better, your computer falls in the "Way below minimum spec" catagory.

The NVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 is 2nd from the bottom of the Go 7000 series and considered Middle Low-end at the time (in 2006)

Reference: Nvidia Official website: Nvidia Geforce Go 7 Series

--------------------
Eighth person: MagusSteele

Quote:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GTX+

Driver File Version: 8.17.0013.0142 (English)
Driver Date: 5/15/2012

Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
Date : 11/20/2010
Old Video and Sound drivers... but

Also I saw that your main drive is an old one
Drive: C:
Model: ST3250623A ATA Device

The ST3250623A is an old tech IDE drive....

Which makes me to conclude that your computer is at least 4 years old.

Although you may have been playing fine until recently, and have done what CS guy asked with no avail, I'm betting it's more along the lines of "your hardware is starting to fail" thing.

You can try:
- defragging your hard drive
- cleaning the insides (fans, Motherboard, powersupply, etc) of dust and grime.
- Try running a benchmark program such as Occt which tests the stability of your Computers CPU, Video and Power supply, running Memtest 86+ for memory errors and such to find what's failing or about to fail.

--------------------
Ninth person: ChubbyDogNH

Quote:
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: K43TA
Asus K43TA.
I have the exact same laptop that I bought at Best Buys last August 2011

Quote:
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9647)
As the CS guy noted, your display adapters drivers are not properly installed.

HOWEVER, I know what the culprit is.

A program called "Asus Live update" is installed on this laptop from the beginning and this software may have overwritten your existing drivers.

When I bought my K43TA, I un-installed this "Asus Live Update" first thing, because it was known to cause lots of trouble.

Since it seems that this "Asus Live update" has already done it's damage to your laptop, and the suggestions the CS asked you didn't work, I'd suggest:

1) Save all your important data to a external source (burn them on a DVD, save them on a external drive, usb drive, etc)
2) you can also copy all of your Swtor files on some external source as well and copy them back later, so you don't have to download everything again.
3) return your drive to it's factory settings (recovery)
4) Uninstall "Asus Live update" first thing!
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.

DIFEDE
09.28.2012 , 01:31 PM | #32
Hi I have this same problem please help Thank You

Spoiler

Ratae
09.28.2012 , 01:54 PM | #33 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello DIFEDE,

Could you please try following steps:
  • Close the launcher
  • Rename the "Retailclient"-folder within your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ installation (e.g. to "retailclient-backup")
  • Restart the client as administrator
  • Right after putting in your login information, click on the repair button in the bottom left corner.
If this doesn’t have the desired effect, could you please post your full latest Launcher log to see if they give us any more information to help us find a solution?

Please see this thread for information on how to obtain these.

Let us know how you get on.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DIFEDE
09.30.2012 , 02:40 PM | #34
i did the repair and i still have the same issue. here is what u asked for.

Spoiler

Edited to include Spoiler tags – CS forum team.

Beruthien
09.30.2012 , 02:52 PM | #35 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings DIFEDE,

Could you please do a clean install of you graphic card drivers?

To do this you would need to download the latest driver for the card (please download the latest non Beta driver, it should be driver version 8.982 or suite version 12.8), uninstall the current driver and then run the downloaded installation file for the latest driver.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

General-Stone
10.02.2012 , 12:53 AM | #36
I am having the same problem, it happened just after i downloaded the latest itunes update.
Spoiler

Beesodd
10.02.2012 , 12:59 AM | #37 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi General-Stone,

I'm not sure what went wrong with your update, but that Dxdiag is showing that your computer is not utilising your graphics card correctly, and is defaulting to the onboard (very basic) VGA graphics. Try downloading and installing a fresh copy of your card drivers, hopefully it should help. Also, make sure there is no power saving mode activated.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

JesseIsForever
10.05.2012 , 04:55 AM | #38
I have this problem PLZ HELP!

Spoiler

Beruthien
10.05.2012 , 06:52 AM | #39 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings JesseIsForever,

Unfortunately your processor and your graphics card do not meet the minimum system requirements for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

You could try updating your graphic card drivers, but I cannot guarantee this will clear up the error.

Please come back to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks.
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

JediKnightMalak
10.09.2012 , 01:45 PM | #40
i am also getting the C7 code heres my dxdiag

Spoiler

Edited to include Spoiler tags – CS forums team.