Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency causing enrage

DocHaliday
08.10.2012 , 09:04 AM | #11
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by Duceman
Since patch 1.3.4 (I think this is when it started but I could be wrong) we have noticed that during OPS or Flashpoints there has been lag. When I say lag that does not just mean me. Everyone in a group and across instances of the Flashpoints/Ops have the problem at the sametime. We have verified this while using vent/mumble and by talking in general chat to other groups in Explosive Conflict. When we see the lag EVERYONE sees it at the sametime. This is easy to recreate by just spending sometime in a flashpoint or Ops. Our theory on what is causing the problem is that it happens when a new instance is created and/or when a group wipes and runs back in. We do not have a way to prove that but I assume that you guys have the tools to see if that is what is happening. When will this problem be fixed?
Quote:
We have seen an increase in reports of lag spikes happening for groups as a whole during Operations and Flashpoints since 1.3 was released and it's been a top priority to identify the causes and resolve them. We have already identified a few optimizations and are looking at implementing them after they're fully tested, but unfortunately I can't provide a specific patch when they'll be ready to go in at this time.
http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Just so you know that the Devs are at least aware of the issue.

WillHolmes
08.10.2012 , 09:05 AM | #12
i call for 500k to every toon for the repair bills lag makes me pay
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

WillHolmes
08.10.2012 , 09:13 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHaliday View Post
http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Just so you know that the Devs are at least aware of the issue.
After reading alot of that it looks like EAWare are trying to "turn the page" so to say on how thngs have been so far, better communication, more updates, and more frequent news releases and such.

Lets just hope its true.
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

Exiled-Phoenix
08.10.2012 , 06:04 PM | #14
Pfff, today our team lagged so hard (server lag) on toth and zorn that it caused us to wipe during the spike phase.

Lost count of the amount of times that we lost a bomber on the kephess fight due to the whole team lagging at the same time.
The Red Eclipse
VahxFrost'BiteSíon TéxCoriena
Vai'xSpike Decepta Brotu