Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How often do you get "good" games?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How often do you get "good" games?

LarryRow
08.13.2012 , 07:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sungas View Post
Faced a monster Sentinel a couple of times today. Never knew that class could be so good because I never read much QQ about them.
Wait, seriously? Your post is very good but this stopped me cold. Sentinels have excellent damage and defensive cooldowns. They take a bit more skill to play and, IMO, a lot more skill to counter. The forums are loaded with QQ about undying rage, force camo, cloak of pain, and more.

They are pretty close to being balanced though, IMHO, but they do have the single most game-breaking, unbalancing thing in the whole game: Group speed buff. Get a combat Sentinel / Carnage Marauder on your team who is not stingy with popping this at the right times and it's basically GG. They are the only class that is an absolute necessity for rateds.

Quote:
One thing I have quickly noticed is if when one or two of your team go down, the rest can fall in a big hurry. A delicate balance where losing one player can change things quickly.
And here you have hit upon the answer to the OP's question. Most games feel like blowouts because the teams need to be very evenly matched to get a close game. A small degree of mismatching in the teams will exacerbate itself exponentially when the first guy on the weaker team dies, leading to a cascade of clobbering.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

richardya
08.13.2012 , 07:52 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
I get close games maybe 1 out of 4, or 1 out of 5.
This is because of the quitter epidemic. When you go up 1-0, the other team has a player quit and that causes more to quit, then they go down 2-0 etc. It takes a little time to acclimate to your new team so the quitters destroy PvP. So the games that would normally have ended 1-0 become 4-0 and 2-1 matches become 6-1 matches etc

I have had matches where we get rolled early and then get our bearings and come back well.
i.e. the other team gets a quick plant or goes up 1-0 or even 3-capped at the start of a match.

Hasdrabul
08.13.2012 , 08:15 AM | #23
More often than not I have great matches when either myself or someone says "Okay, here's what we are going to do"...

"If you see someone stunned, don't break it. Find another target."

Calling out who's a healer helps. You see them, and you are at 50% health, run to them. They'll get you back to full in no time

Using Slows, like Sever Tendon, helps greatly as well.

More often than not, I try to emphasize not killing unless absolutely necessary. Focus on capping nodes/passing by using your non-lethal abilities can be the turn around the team needs to come back

Basically great matches, whether you win or lose by a small margin, are those that you will remember. And more often than not, the other team will remember you and what you did(I do ), and look forward to teaming with you if different faction

Most important, a great game is all about having fun, and not taking it too seriously. There are times where you will get annihilated, times when you do the annihilating. Good days and bad. It happens
"When war turns whole populations into sleepwalkers, outlaws don't join forces with alarm clocks. Outlaws, like poets, rearrange the nightmare." -Tom Robbins

doodbro
08.13.2012 , 08:23 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by unixbomber View Post
Consequence of pugging. When your team has 3-5 guys in recruit gear and are facing war hero opponents. Yea. Good luck. When your lowbie team is facing a premade group of 40-49's and the highest level on your team is 33. Yea. Good luck. I had a level 50 sentinel on my team the other day, full warzone and was active the whole game (i.e. not defending) .... 67k damage. Full warzone. Joined a huttball game this morning that had just started, watched my teammates literally throw it to the other team every time they got the ball, except for a guardian who threw me the ball as soon as he picked it up... I was next to him healing him. Another guy says he's going afk, sits at the spawn area in stealth. Vote to kick doesn't work or is apparently as hard as passing the ball. It's so hilariously pathetic at times that all you can do is laugh.
Yes. This sums it up.