Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How often do you get "good" games?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How often do you get "good" games?

dcgregorya
08.10.2012 , 12:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Nolenthar View Post
- The self proclamed Pros : not necessarily great players either, but it's how they see themselves. They are some kind of mix between an organized player (as they DO know the wz and can do good, when they can be bothered) and a tourist. They generally leave warzones fast if you loose, and tell everyone how noob they are. They are an asset ONLY if you win. If you loose, they are a dead weight and will participate to you loosing even more by wasting time whining rather than winning.
Project much?

Kalfear
08.10.2012 , 12:20 PM | #12
Its been my findings that the later it gets at night (and into morning hours of 2-3 am) the better the quality of players out there in the warzones.

Im currently leveling a imp in warzones and use to play him after I did flashpoints and ops with my rep characters and was always bragging about how good the imps pvp over the republic.

But many times we would finish really late and id not do the daily at a min for my imp

So I changed to doing the pvp daily between 11am and 8pm (local server time) and ...

Well lets just say im no longer bragging about imps pvp ability and leave at that!

Im back to doing my imp pvp after 9pm on week days and sparatically at best on week ends because the earlier hours and week end hours just are not enjoyable pvp matchs and rarely have a good game.

Oh I still get my average 35-40 kills and usually come in at the top 5 or so of the match, but the team more often then not loses and gets demolished. And im a team first type of player, so it bugs me to all get up when I see selfish style play common before 9pm happening.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Totaltrash
08.10.2012 , 01:44 PM | #13
When I pug, I get close games about 20% of the time, the rest are blow-out win/losses.
If I'm in a premade, it's 90% blow-out wins for us, 10% close games against other premades.

Either way, less than 1 in 5 games are actually competitive fun.

MidichIorian
08.10.2012 , 02:00 PM | #14
I feel like there skill'wise is a severe faction imbalance on Corellian Run. Both factions have that top layer of really good players but if the rest of the imps are averaging a 50 rating, from 0-100 and 50 being average, it's more like 40 or perhaps even 30 for the pubs. The only time I've been on a winning streak on the pub side is when there were hardly any players online and we happened to have the better eight. With 250 on the fleet it's pretty much a given that atleast 4 pubs on your team will be completely clueless, to the point that you consider the possibility that they're giving away wins on purpose.

My theory on why it is this way is that the republic side gets more lore and story enthusiasts. This is where the hardcore SW fans accumulate, in contrast to hardcore MMO players. The imps on the other hand seem to have a good deal of the "Halo generation", kids who re-roll as soon as there's a new FoTM. It's not rare that you will end up on a team stacked with sages and commando dps'es against 4 maras, 2 pyros and 2 ops healers. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how that's going to end. My win:loss ratio, pugging is probably 1:4 or something and even games are rare. Hell, only time it's even, score'wise, is when both teams are equally retarded and keep trading nodes instead of sticking to two when they have them. Having to experience such stupidity is worse than getting rolled.

I often find myself wishing that I could give my mvp vote to one of the imps instead.

unixbomber
08.10.2012 , 02:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It's not rare that you will end up on a team stacked with sages and commando dps'es against 4 maras, 2 pyros and 2 ops healers. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how that's going to end..
so true haha,...

Ashania
08.10.2012 , 02:13 PM | #16
Not often whilst pugging unfortunately.

Republic talent is low across the board.

Being a healer in a WZ with clueless people is masochistic.
50 Sawbones Scoundrel | 50 Medicine Operative
50 Seer Sage | 50 Deception Assassin
50 Bodyguard Mercenary

NoaFlux
08.10.2012 , 07:14 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
So, I was thinking, which is often a bad thing to do... I have a lvl50 in BM and probably just over 50% WH now, and I have lvl 40 also, both repub on Fatman. I've declined to join a guild so far, and I mostly pug. In the lvl 50 bracket, it sure seems like a lot, maybe most, of my WZ games are a blow out. Either we are crushing them, or they are crushing us, without there being much hope of turning it around. It's rare, maybe very rare, that I feel like I'm in a game that could go either way. Sub-50 WZ are leaning that way, but less so. Does that seem right? Is that a consequence of pugging? Or just the way it is for everyone?
To answer your question, I play on Droogas Pleasure Barge, as a pug. As of late, it' been a triple split. We crush them, they crush us, or we have a really close game equally. There are bad days, but for me it's been consistent for the last 3 weeks! Close games are the best!

Why we started winning and equalizing the victories;

Lastly I want to add that when our team has done great, it has seemed like it's partially because of me, the tank (not being haughty). I tried very hard to learn how to PvP better after level 50. I had a lot of learning to do despite being number one all the time in pre-50. This week it was me or the healer (I was protecting) that got first place or second place in medals. SO my advice to you is this. Don't listen to those DPS PREACHERS. Before the match starts make sure everyone knows who the healers are and make sure they team up with a decent tank and literally "hump" each other the whole match (the closer they are the more they protect each other).

NilanVoid
08.10.2012 , 07:54 PM | #18
Good games I'd say occur < 50% of the time, probably between 25-40%.

Great games - where both teams are knowledgeable, skilled, and equally geared - 2% tops.
Quote: Originally Posted by vwsupra View Post
Come to the harbringer server we will see who *** gets handed to them.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Isn't Harbinger a PvE server?
No wonder you are crying nerf. lulz
LOL

Kaonis
08.10.2012 , 09:48 PM | #19
10-49, I'll get a good match quite often. There isn't much of a disbalance between teams usually unless you have a good chunk of premades in it, or one side or the other has more healers. All my 50 PVP matches end with us getting rolled by full warhero premades (or even just a few random war heros). In fact since trying to get into 50 PVP I've seen not a single good or even close match, it's always just a rolling for one team or the other.

NoaFlux
08.13.2012 , 05:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
10-49, I'll get a good match quite often. There isn't much of a disbalance between teams usually unless you have a good chunk of premades in it, or one side or the other has more healers. All my 50 PVP matches end with us getting rolled by full warhero premades (or even just a few random war heros). In fact since trying to get into 50 PVP I've seen not a single good or even close match, it's always just a rolling for one team or the other.
Not the case for me, but I mean some things are obvious. If everyone on your team has recruit gear, or PvE gear you are toast. But I have won a lot with high end PvE gear players, and some low end recruit.

Again make sure your guardians are standing right next to the healers, and make sure they stick with each other and get to know each other before the match. Make sure they are spamming taunts in the big groups of players.

Communication is everything!!